2012-13 Boston Celtics thread (41-40) PLAYOFFS Round 1 vs. NYK

Would you accept a trade of Griffin, Bledsoe, Butler for KG, Truth, Doc?

Just heard this rumor on First Take on ESPN from Steven A :lol:

Want to hear what other Celtics fan feel about this..

Me personally I wouldn't do it because of potentially losing Doc. Paul and KG however will retire in a season or two so if Danny could move them to free up some cap space to potentially sign an above average center I would do it.

Even though both could still fill up the stat sheets, its evident that the Celtics can't built around them specially with KG at the starting center. It's frustrating seeing the opposing team grabbing off. rebound after off. rebound. KG has made it clear that he goes when Truth goes

If we could pick up Josh Smith and Korver from the Hawks in a trade deal :smokin

Last edited:
Well I've been riding with you guys since Ray/KG got here (my favorite players of the post Jordan era/before we got the Hornets down here), it was honestly an awesome ride watching my childhood favorites win (and lose, too) the way they did.

I probably won't follow as much once KG is gone, although I am a HUGE Rondo fan now, but I do want to see Boston continue to do well in the East. Can't stand Miami, Wade, or that LeBron ran to a team with 2 Olympians (I won't even say all-stars, they had two OLYMPIANS already).

That trade? Terrible. I don't want Caron Butler on any team I like, and I don't want DeAndre Jordan either. Bledsoe is the only player enticing in that trade.

Honestly, if you're going to trade Kevin and Paul, you need to get BETTER, not HOPE to be better.

Boston will be a 8th or 7th seed at the very least. We just gotta hope Rondo and Brad Stevens are on the same page.

I'm excited for this season :pimp:

Brad Stevens is a good pick up :smokin Better him than bringing in some 'big' name who will do a good job of keeping us mediocre for the next few years. With Stevens, i feel like everyone can grow together . Sully, Bradley, Green, Crawford, Olynyk, Stevens; all young guys looking to make a name for themselves in the L. Rondo will be the perfect complimentary piece IMO. If he can be patient and ride out some tough times, he can lead a young team to prosperity and create a legacy as one of the best PGs the game has ever seen.

I think the front office did a GREAT job with the hiring of Stevens and handled the Pierce/KG situation pretty well. We loaded up with some young talent and have a plethora of draft picks on deck. We have legit hope for the future ; what more can we ask for as fans?

Propers to Ainge and the whole FO.

Brad Stevens will be in contention for Coach of the Year this year....watch.

I for one think Danny shoulda kept KG and Paul for guidance and leadership responsibilities...

Most the roster as is already had the leadership from those two...you can't expect to ever rebuild by just keeping them around til their wheels fall off. They weren't about to stay around after Doc leaving anyway.

I'm wondering what they plan on doing with Hump and Wallace.

I for one think Danny shoulda kept KG and Paul for guidance and leadership responsibilities...

Most the roster as is already had the leadership from those two...you can't expect to ever rebuild by just keeping them around til their wheels fall off. They weren't about to stay around after Doc leaving anyway.

I'm wondering what they plan on doing with Hump and Wallace.

Yeah Danny knew the ship was-a-sinkin' when Doc bounced.

Back
Top Bottom