**2012-13 "Gentlemanly" NBA PG Discussion Thread**

Lillard ROY?
smokin.gif

I like Drummond too, efficiency per 48 mins is just through the roof, he'll be one hell of a player..Anthony Davis has a chance only if he makes a serious impact this second half and if Lillard drops off

Bradley Beal has a good shot to come in second for ROY.. he's had 2 straight EC rookie of the month awards, looking for his 3rd. Dropped 25 tonight

Last edited:
Bradley Beal has a good shot to come in second for ROY.. he's had 2 straight EC rookie of the month awards, looking for his 3rd. Dropped 25 tonight

I prayed that somehow Beal would drop low enough for the blazers to pick him up. Never could have imagined that Lillard would have flourished the way he was until I saw him in preseason.

I'd take Lillard over Beal any day of the week...If Roy had been injury free, and Oden...Lillard/Roy/Batum/Adridge/Oden..
sick.gif

I'd take Lillard over Beal any day of the week...If Roy had been injury free, and Oden...Lillard/Roy/Batum/Adridge/Oden..:x

I think a case could be made that Beal has the higher upside. He's only 19 and Lillard is 22.

*Lillard is actually older than John Wall.

He's 2 months older than John Wall 
laugh.gif

I don't see how someone being a mere three years younger means they have a "higher ceiling".

I've been seeing people all year say Lillard doesn't have much more room for growth which is ridiculous to me. Is the league that young to the point where we can say a 22 year old is near his peak? Why can't a 22 year old get much better?

Last edited:
update (based on 2012-2013 season)

1. Parker
2. Paul
3. westbrook
4. curry
5. irving
6. rondo (injuries)
7. holiday
8. lillard
9. lawson
10. vasquez

After having this arguement a few times since the all star break I have become a firm believer in the tiers. Its the best way to do it, without people just nitpick over the number rankings and no real conclusion is reached. That being said

Tier 1

Parker

Paul

Tier 2

Westbrook

Curry

Williams

Holiday

Irivng

Tier 3

Lawson

Vasquez

Conley

Lillard

Tier 999999999999999999999999999999

John Wall

Last edited:
He's 2 months older than John Wall 
laugh.gif

I don't see how someone being a mere three years younger means they have a "higher ceiling".

I've been seeing people all year say Lillard doesn't have much more room for growth which is ridiculous to me. Is the league that young to the point where we can say a 22 year old is near his peak? Why can't a 22 year old get much better?

I never said Lillard doesn't have much more room for growth...he's going to obviously get much better. As will Beal.

I just think there's something to be said about a guy like Beal being successful in the league at 19 opposed to being 22. It's not to take anything away from Lillard, but Beal is a year and a half removed from playing HS b-ball. I don't think it's a stretch at all to think he's got a higher upside than Lillard.

After having this arguement a few times since the all star break I have become a firm believer in the tiers. Its the best way to do it, without people just nitpick over the number rankings and no real conclusion is reached. That being said

Tier 1
Parker
Paul

Tier 2
Westbrook
Curry
Williams
Holiday
Irivng

Tier 3
Lawson
Vasquez
Conley
Lillard

John Wall

You Mad Bro?

Im convinced John Wall smashed your chick and mom or something, sounds like you have a great hatred for him

You Mad Bro?

Im convinced John Wall smashed your chick and mom or something, sounds like you have a great hatred for him
Son is a Grade A Bozo. You gotta just ignore 75% of the **** he posts. He's like an advanced form of Zyzz.

Tier 1
Parker
Paul

Tier 2
Westbrook
Curry
Williams
Holiday
Irivng

Tier 3
Lawson
Vasquez
Conley
Lillard

John Wall
You Mad Bro?

Its a joke man relax. I already admitted that hes playing well above my expectations, didnt expect anything to really get their jimmies rustled over it.
You Mad Bro?

Son is a Grade A Bozo. You gotta just ignore 75% of the **** he posts. He's like an advanced form of Zyzz.
Uh what? Please cite examples of me saying outlandish and stupid things, or find someone who agrees with your sentiments.

Don't mind me just going to take my crack at a top 10

Paul

Parker

Westbrook

Curry

Holliday

Irving

Williams

Lillard

Lawson

Vasquez

he's only technically a rookie though, a couple of years from now, I expect him to be putting up decent numbers, enough to be top 15 pg in the L..

Back
Top Bottom