2012-2013 NBA Media Day PHOTOS

From what I've read the starting lineup will go: Teague, Stevenson, Korver, Smith, Horford. Larry Drew plans to expiremtn with the starting lineup though. I'm not comfortable with Korver or Morrow at the 3. Can we give Pietrus a call?!

From what I've read the starting lineup will go: Teague, Stevenson, Korver, Smith, Horford. Larry Drew plans to expiremtn with the starting lineup though. I'm not comfortable with Korver or Morrow at the 3. Can we give Pietrus a call?!
If the plan is to start Stevenson with Teague and Smith, Korver would be the best option. Otherwise, teams will just force the hawks to shoot 20 footers all game.

Damn that's crazy I didn't realize they signed Korver and Stevenson too. It feels like zero free agents stayed with their original teams this summer.

Bulls need new Unis

Im looking at these pics thinking its so many irrelevant teams in the NBA that dont have a chance to win ****. :lol:

This is why every 4-5 years when the CBA is up, NBA has the nerve to claim losses in revenue, when they have teams who don't have a equal chance of winning, eating up that money and not producing a share. :smh:

But it's always the players' fault that make too much money.

Last edited:
Im looking at these pics thinking its so many irrelevant teams in the NBA that dont have a chance to win ****. :lol:

This is why every 4-5 years when the CBA is up, NBA has the nerve to claim losses in revenue, when they have teams who don't have a equal chance of winning, eating up that money and not producing a share. :smh:

But it's always the players' fault that make too much money.

a lot of these team can't contend because of bad gms

"Hawks still got a solid squad"

I don't even agree... but even so, it's the same old Hawks. I would hate to be a fan of a franchise that is a year in and year out first round knockout.

Hawks aren't making the playoffs this year.

We know the Magic aren't making it and the Nets are essentially taking their spot. The Bulls I think will still have enough to be a 7th or 8th seed, and Rose will probably come back at some point. The Heat, Celtics, Sixers, Knicks and Pacers will all still make the playoffs unless a bad injury or two happens to them. So that means that the Hawks will be fighting for a playoff seed with most likely the Bucks, Wizards and Raptors. I still like the Hawks team more than all three of them.

The fact that they lost a 20 ppg player in Joe Johnson is what really makes me doubt them making the playoffs this year. For me, I have the eastern conference seeding like this:

1) Heat
2) Celtics
3) Pacers
4) Nets
5) Sixers
6) Knicks
7) Bulls
8) Raptors

Last edited:
"Hawks still got a solid squad"
I don't even agree... but even so, it's the same old Hawks. I would hate to be a fan of a franchise that is a year in and year out first round knockout.

It is tough to be a Hawks fan and an Atlanta sports fan in general. Outside of the Braves none of our franchises have experienced consistent success. I'm more optimistic than usual about Hawks since we brought in Danny Ferry though. Being able to offload Joe Johnson & Marvin Williams and opening up cap room to attract FAs showed that he's proactive and doing his research in building a strong team. I think we'll be a 6-8 seed.

But like somebody said on the last page there are so many irrelevant teams in the NBA (and all major sports for that matter) year in and year out you can only count on one hand how many teams have a legit shot at a title.

Horford's play has decreased and they lost the best player on their team. I see the Hawks finishing with a better record than the Bucks, but I don't think either team will make the playoffs over the Raptors. We have more threats on this team now than most people realize.

Horford's play has decreased and they lost the best player on their team. I see the Hawks finishing with a better record than the Bucks, but I don't think either team will make the playoffs over the Raptors. We have more threats on this team now than most people realize.

Josh Smith became the best player on that team the same year JJ got that big contract.

Josh Smith became the best player on that team the same year JJ got that big contract.

That's arguable. Plus, even if Josh Smith was better, the fact that they lost Joe Johnson is gonna hurt them regardless this year since he was the number one option on offense and a major contributor to the teams overall success.

That's arguable. Plus, even if Josh Smith was better, the fact that they lost Joe Johnson is gonna hurt them regardless this year since he was the number one option on offense and a major contributor to the teams overall success.

I don't think you watched the Hawks last season. He wasn't their #1 option. Go back and look at the numbers.

They averaged the same exact amount of points per game with Josh Smith having more overall attempts.

Their #1 option is still on the team.

Whatever they "lost" in Joe Johnson...I'm sure Lou Williams can at least make up a good portion of that.

Now that I look at the stats, Smith did out play Johnson but my point was that they lost one of their top scorers and an all around player. Lou Williams will help them out but I don't think they'll do as well, at least this year, without Joe Johnson. They made the right moves for future contention though, since Johnson was aging.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom