2012/2013 Philadelphia 76ers Thread *Passionate, Intense, Proud*

There are so many things that are wrong with this team right now.
-Pick N Roll Defense
-Lack of Ball Movement
-Relying on the 3 point line
-Bad shot selection
I'll go into depth a little later because I'm depressed at how bad the Knicks kicked our butts tonight.

It's funny because all those were our strengths last year. We had one of the best D in the leave, our ball movement was phenomenal with unselfish players, nobody could shoot the three (not exactly a strength).

We have a bunch of new players that we are relying on, it is only a matter of time until we get our chemistry rolling again. The one thing that I am really disappointed at this season is Evan Turner's lackluster performance. He showed glimpse of stardom last year when he started for a 5 game stretch, but this year he is just :x

Anyways, we should win this game tonight, a banged up Hornets team shouldn't be a problem.

God our O is terrible, thankfully the hornets was worst

If we were to hit most of our open shots especially those 3s from Young & Dorrell we coulda at least been in the 90s but this slow *** tempo is annoying. After watching the Hornets today, I'm confused how they beat the Bulls with the same exact players

This guy, Evan Turner, does not want to shoot....he is a good facilitator though, he moves the ball well for a guy his size. After watching the game tonight, he seems like he does everything well except for scoring the ball, which is a HUGE flaw considering his position.

All in all, it was a good game by the Sixers tonight, they had control for the majority of the game and were able to keep a decent lead. Does anybody know when JRich will be coming back?

4-2 at this point is great, (4-0 against everyone but the Knicks :lol: :smh:) I love how Jrue has been playing he seems to have taken his game to the next level.....but if we can stay like 4-6 games above .500 till the Big guy gets back in there then it'll be :smokin :smokin once we get Bynum in there

4-2 is a great start considering all the new bodies we have and that our All-Star got traded. It is only a matter of time until the team gets its chemistry going...maybe then we can beat the Knicks :lol:

Bynum out another 5 weeks, ****

Sigh....hopefully they're being extremely over cautious....if we can stay above .500 and Bynum is able to play pain free by then, then I'm not sweatin it. Bynum is starting to remind me of Utley for the Phils though :lol: :smh:

Sixers keeping it close with the Thunder. I'm so pissed off I can't watch the game right now. >:

So we are in overtime against the thunder and no one really cares? Where are all the philly fans in here!!??

Look at the bright side, at least we will have a ton of cap room next year. :\

Bynum is a bum; I don't think he even wants to play to be honest...he probably wants to come back with 20 games have a monster finish and cash in with some team willing to take a risk which I pray is not the Sixers

I don't care about the trade because it frees up a hell of a lot of cap room for this team after the season

Cap room for what, though? This is a star driven league, and when he's fit, Bynum is as close to a star as anyone that the Sixers will be able to get with the cap room. I'm probably in the minority at this point, but I would love Bynum to stay, and I think that once he gets fit, he will be a great addition to the squad.

Cap room for what, though? This is a star driven league, and when he's fit, Bynum is as close to a star as anyone that the Sixers will be able to get with the cap room. I'm probably in the minority at this point, but I would love Bynum to stay, and I think that once he gets fit, he will be a great addition to the squad.

his knee condition doesn't scare you? this is something that might never get fixed; I for one want nothing to do with that if that is the case

he just turned 25 years old and already has bum knees; they lock him into a contract and he can't play then the Sixers aren't competing for another 5+ years

Last edited:

I think the Sixers can attract pretty good talent. We just had a slue of bad luck and bad contracts. The last time we had decent cap space we signed Elton Brand when he was a free agent, he was coming off an All Star year and the Sixers where labelled the "winners" of the free agent market that summer. It was very unfortunate it didn't pan out . The years before that was the Iverson Era. I really do think that we can attract decent talent to the area, we have a smart GM who is willing to take risks.

I can see Al Jefferson fitting in nicely with the team. If we could bring Al and Brandon Jennings to the team, it would be :smokin

But if I were GM, I would NOT put my money on Bynum.

Last edited:
And WOW, I just saw Jrue's stat line for the night.
33, 3, and 13. :nthat:

Jrue was in beast mode tonight :smokin

it seems like for whatever reason with Iggy gone he has grown into the player we expected him to be last year

Another win for Philly. Turner has a few decent games so far. I hope he can keep his scoring consistent, that's the only thing hissing in his game. We know his passing, rebounding and defence will be there.

8) @ Elton brand getting respect from his former team.

and one more thing, does anybody know why Levoy Allen is starting over Hawes?

All things considered us being 10-6 is great.....if we beat the bulls we'll be in a great spot but it'll be tough with the back to back.....Thad has been awesome, Jrue deserves to be an all star this season, and ET has found a jumper! and is playing great ball right now. God if we had Bynum I honestly believe we'd be a top 7 team in the NBA no questions asked....we are doing all this with NO big men whatsoever, Jrue's assist numbers would be even better better too. I just hope he can somehow comeback for the playoffs or something b/c all we need is that force down low and we'd be set.

for the sake of Bynum's next paycheck, we will do what he can to play in the playoffs. However, It looks like the sixers accepted the fact that he won't play this season and have moved passed that. I think that we are already a top 6/7 seed without him and may move to 4 or higher if he comes back strong and early (that won't happen though).

Back
Top Bottom