2012 335 or 2012 C350

Benz are more reliable than BMW an I'd take the new C Coupe, that's on my list of car shoppin I plan on doin around Q3.

Since OP said he liked the new 2012 design then I assume he is looking at a sedan because the new 3-series coupe isn't out yet so why is everyone posting/recommending E92s?

I personally do not like the new F30 design, it's just ugly to me. The C350 sedan doesn't look as good as the coupe version though so I have no idea what to recommend. If performance is very important, then the 335i is your best choice. If it were me, I'd spend $8k more and get a Jaguar XF. After putting options on the 335i/C350, price will be around a base XF anyways. The XF is much bigger though but you do get a ~380hp V8.

est4lt.jpg

2vdp9hg.jpg

Easily the Mercedes. Not bagging on BMW's because I love them, but the Mercedes is more "classy" IMO when it comes to representation.

@RFX - It's a gorgeous, the XF, probably one of the most beautiful cars out now, especially since the facelift. But I thought he was looking for a 2 door coupe and well the Jag is in the 5series/E class range, although it isn't quite as expensive, but yeah I'd go for the Jag. It apparently drives well too!

Originally Posted by nocomment6

@RFX - It's a gorgeous, the XF, probably one of the most beautiful cars out now, especially since the facelift. But I thought he was looking for a 2 door coupe and well the Jag is in the 5series/E class range, although it isn't quite as expensive, but yeah I'd go for the Jag. It apparently drives well too!

He said he liked the new redesign and the redesign coupe isn't out yet so I assumed he wanted a sedan.
Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Loving the new 3 redesign but originally wanted the Benz now I'm torn 
laugh.gif

But yeah, the XF is bigger as I mentioned and it is gas guzzler, 16mpg city iirc, but it's still my choice over the two. Plus the new 335i isn't really a compact sport sedan anymore, it's grown much bigger in comparison to the E30/E36.

Plus in comparison to the 535i And E350, each with 300hp 6cylinders, the FX has a 385hp V8. Plus it just looks so much better than those two. The new front just looks angry.

39e9c.jpg

11c4nk2.jpg

XJ is $75k and it still has that 385hp V8 on a longer car. It just doesn't look as good as the XF either, I don't like the back and the front looks less aggressive.

Plus at that price, there are too many to choose from. I'd personally pay an extra $10k and get a 911. Maybe even a Panamera over the XJ?

of course.... i wouldnt cop a Jag period...... im just saying if copping a Jag let it be a XJ or a XK......

What would be your choice for that price range?
If I am after a sedan for around $50k, XF is the only one that stands out.

Tough choice but I'll go with the 335. White LED angel eyes
pimp.gif

Jag looks like a beefed up Buick
sick.gif

for around 50k?

E550
A6
GS350

they look better to me than the Jag.... I see the jag everyday... its not a ugly car. but i just wouldnt buy it. I dont like it more than i like these 3.

2013-lexus-gs-f-sport-by--1_600x0w.jpg
i know the rims arent nice or the body kit might not be.. but the way he painted the part below the grill black.. :Hat

but yeah.... Gimme a used 2011 IS-F USB/ Neiman marcus Edition.

I was gonna say buick...

but anyway.. i wanna do my IS interior just like this....
233684d1326940515-poll-would-you-option-out-an-isx50-with-isf-interior-is-f-interior-red.jpg
2011-Lexus-IS-F-Interior-View.jpg
i know it comes like that btw. But that is too nice. Nice touch of orange.

223738d1317319261-2012-isf-consolidated-changes-us-oz-including-press-releases-red-is-f-interior.jpg

Jag looks like a Buick?
laugh.gif
Why, because the grill are somewhat similar with a round logo?
I swear some of you guys don't know how to distinguish style from one another.

And you picked a horrible pic for the GS350, the look is growing on me but no way I'd pick it over the XF. And an E550 starts at $60k.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Jag looks like a Buick?
laugh.gif

And you picked a horrible pic for the GS350, the look is growing on me but no way I'd pick it over the XF. And an E550 starts at $60k.
xf looks like buick.

Originally Posted by DaulDierce

Jag looks like a Buick?
laugh.gif

xf looks like buick.

Please show me a Buick that you will mistake for an XF and not just because of the grill with a round emblem in the middle. Almost all Buicks are bulbous in design. 
And nice quick ninja edit.
laugh.gif

LacrosseExt1L.jpg

Not even close. Both are just red with similar grill and has 4-doors. Headlights aren't even close to being the same. The Buick looks tall and chubby while the Jag looks lower and sleek. Hood lines are completely different and the Buick doesn't look aggressive at all. You have got to be blind to confuse the two, especially if you see both in person. Like I said, people only see the comparison because of the grill and round emblem and that isn't even really that similar if you look closely.

dpwdbq.jpg

5vxkj5.jpg

stop posting that ugly thing... they look the same. nothing else u can say. everyone i know will say the same. stop. It was OK to me b4.. but now that jag is jsut plain ugly.

stop posting that ugly thing... they look the same. nothing else u can say. everyone i know will say the same. stop. It was OK to me b4.. but now that jag is jsut plain ugly.

laugh.gif
 Ok, ok. Just don't cry.

laugh.gif
 Ok, ok. Just don't cry.

laugh.gif

Jag is nice though. Doesnt one member here have one and he traded for a 6 series though cause it was too problematic? Are Jags like the sedan versions of Range Rovers when it comes to reliability?

eek.gif
pimp.gif
at the GS interior.

I dont like those touches of orange on the IS interior. Maybe just less hints of orange on the shifter and steering wheel, like the stitching.

Jags is infamous for being a lemon but just like most domestic cars, it isn't the same case these days. Quality and reliability are better. Doesn't help that the Range Rovers and Jags are owned by the same company. I think being gone from Ford helped them improve though.

LacrosseExt1L.jpg

This is hideous, I don't know, but I don't see too much in common with the XF.
For 50K I'd get a 5 series, but that's just because I think it's the best looking car on the road.

But the XF is also in my top 10.

Back
Top Bottom