2012 Camaro ZL1 >>_____________

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by voodoo

Originally Posted by cguy610

To be honest, depreciation on most cars is pretty horrible.  I mean you have your exceptions like the Hondas and Toyota's but nearly all cars have horrible depreciation, especially luxury cars like BMWs and Benzes.
Sure, cars aren't investments but some manufacturers monitor the demand and only supply just enough so the resale value stays high (for a while).  GM has no such strategy, they just keep throwing out cars no matter if they are sitting on dealer lots with no buyers. Then they have to offer 0% financing and cash rebates just to beg people to buy the cars.  So if the brand new ones are heavily discounted what do you think happens to the used ones?  I had a ZR1 and I was lucky enough to sell it right before GM offered the 0% financing and the rebates.  I don't see myself buying another GM product anytime soon.  Not that their cars are horrible... I just don't like the way the company operates.
so because da company offers deals you have a problem with that? first time i heard of such a problem ..
If you're in the market to buy, the deals are great.  But once you have bought the car the deals kill your resale value.  The problem is that GM saturates the market with their cars.  Way more supply than there is demand.  There's not that many people looking to buy a $60K Camaro, but that wont stop GM from producing them like everybody wants one.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Dodge-Challenger_SRT8_392_2012_1600x1200_wallpaper_06.jpg
frown.gif

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Originally Posted by PLVN

2013-Ford-Shelby-GT500-Front-View.jpg
formidable, but its not track ready AND under warranty..Ford wants you to cop more things and if you do, they'll void it
indifferent.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif

AND its still got a live axle...and magnetic ride control in da camaro >>>
The Boss 302 has a live axle and no magnetic ride control and murders cars around a track double its price. A regular 5.0 GT with the track package kept up with an M3 around a track, the Boss demolishes it.  And whats this Ford wants you to cop more things for it and if you do you void your warranty. Only thing i know that Ford has like that is if you buy the supercharger add on for a regular GT that voids your warranty, nothing for the GT500.
This thing easily has over 200+ more hp than either of those cars. If you still think a live-axle will do that drivetrain justice, then you're buggin

i was on the american car dislike thread but i have to admit the camaro is nice.

There are a number of ridiculous statements in this thread by both groups....some people really shouldn't say anything.

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Originally Posted by piNoy805jAys

people hating on the new american cars as of late. usually its these import guys riding the gtr. fast and furious was 10 years ago. that phase is gone and imports aint like they used to be back then.

laugh.gif

Lol.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Originally Posted by piNoy805jAys

people hating on the new american cars as of late. usually its these import guys riding the gtr. fast and furious was 10 years ago. that phase is gone and imports aint like they used to be back then.

laugh.gif

Lol.
yep, back then it was all about the FD and supra.  now we got gtr's hitting 0-60 in 2.9 japan fell off hard.

Originally Posted by zmoney3

60k for that???...id rather drive an m3
and get smoked? go right on ahead.
laugh.gif
m3's get smoked early unless they are boosted.  let's not forget about those valve jobs every few thousand miles.  i'd never own a m3.
sick.gif

Cobra tried to race me the other day( I was in my accord, modified exterior, nothing underneath, it is an accord btw). I tugged his strings a bit by speeding up pass him going 80 just to see him fly off and didnt see him after that. I caught up to him 40 minutes later because he was pulled over by a state trooper. Me +1 > Domestic 0
Needless to say, that blue cobra up there is sexy as heck. Probably gonna by a domestic car whenever I am done with school.

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

SupremeApe wrote:

how about da magnetic ride control that R8 uses and ferrari uses is licensed out from GM..so yea, its gonna handle just as good if not better
tongue.gif

so yea...you wrong.
Wait and see

Just because you have the technology does not mean u know how to use it effectively. wait and see

Umm... the ZL1 tested in Lamborghini territory around the Nurburg. The car did 7:41:27, if thats not effective use of technology...

It just seems to be trendy to bash American cars in this day and age.

scaled.php

I'd still take the Lambo over the ZL1.  I don't know that I'd take it over an M3.  Don't get me wrong, the ZL1 looks great and has good specs, but I'll wait to see if it gets tested on Top Gear to make that decision.  With the M3, you're getting luxury and performance, with a lot of these Chevy cars you just get performance with a cheap interior and, not to mention, the performance doesn't include handling just how fast it can go in a straight line
30t6p3b.gif
.  The newer Mustangs (not Boss Mustangs) were supposed to have an improved handling system and the CTS-V was supposed to have good handling, but neither delivered, so even if Ferrari uses the same magnetic ride control I'm still not holding my breath...

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

SupremeApe wrote:
Wait and see

Just because you have the technology does not mean u know how to use it effectively. wait and see

Umm... the ZL1 tested in Lamborghini territory around the Nurburg. The car did 7:41:27, if thats not effective use of technology...

It just seems to be trendy to bash American cars in this day and age.

scaled.php

I'd still take the Lambo over the ZL1.  I don't know that I'd take it over an M3.  Don't get me wrong, the ZL1 looks great and has good specs, but I'll wait to see if it gets tested on Top Gear to make that decision.  With the M3, you're getting luxury and performance, with a lot of these Chevy cars you just get performance with a cheap interior and, not to mention, the performance doesn't include handling just how fast it can go in a straight line
30t6p3b.gif
.  The newer Mustangs (not Boss Mustangs) were supposed to have an improved handling system and the CTS-V was supposed to have good handling, but neither delivered, so even if Ferrari uses the same magnetic ride control I'm still not holding my breath...

sick.gif
... just looked at the gtr times... ZL1 aint even close to it... and the GTR has less HP...

Everyone backing imports only have the gtr. Get off it already. What does import have nowadays compared to the 90s? You tell me you guys would mod a 2012 honda civic? 90s imports were the days when u had mr2s, 300zx, 240sx, hatchbacks, crx, hell even del sols. What does current honda and toyota have these days? Ill wait

Originally Posted by zmoney3

60k for that???...id rather drive an m3
and get smoked? go right on ahead.

I love performance and faster cars, but where do you draw the line?

Are you telling me you'd rather have a heavily modded $40k civic that can smoke a Ferrari 458, over the Ferrari 458?

Of course most people would rather drive an M3.

This dude ninja stays forgetting or ignoring that performance isnt everything.

"ZL1 has a second over the M3, ZOMG!"
laugh.gif
Oh my..a full second. It really isnt everything. The luxury, prestige, well built and platform of the M3 >

And obviously you'd pick a Lambo over a ZL1. Its a (%#@%@# Lambo.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom