2012 Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread; The world. It's ending.

“Get your !%% home,'' said Trix, delivering his powerful message from behind yellow-framed glasses while wearing a matching yellow belt. "Home is where the heart is.

Man. I hope we're able to bring back JET, West and Mahinmi. Not sure how I feel about VC.

30t6p3b.gif

We absolutely need Jet back. I wanted to see him and Kidd retire as Mavericks.

Vince is under contract for the next 2 seasons!?!??
mad.gif

awesome, I love that Matrix is recruiting Deron.

That's all I really want.

is it possible to land Spencer Hawes as our center also?

Spencer? Ehh. I suppose. We definitely could. But locking him up long term means our core moving forward is Deron, Hawes, and Dirk in his twilight. That reeks of mediocrity.

I'll be shocked to see Delonte in a Mavs jersey next year.

A name that has popped up recently as a consolation prize to not getting Deron Williams is Goran Dragic. I don't mind it as much as I initially thought, but still, I feel mediocrity in this team if we don't get Deron Williams.

I say you go rob the Spurs of their sharpshooters. Improve while weakening their team.

Jason Terry? I dont know, I think the fans are about done with him. His incessant *@@@ talking, crowd hyping, antics are great when he is backing them up but that has been less the case recently, and especially this postseason after the call was made to Westbrook to erase him. Him and Brenda. You guys have to just cut him. Fans were ready to run on he court on those 2 Saturday. It's funny because Terry still has some events I saw brochures for going on in the Dallas community this summer.

It'll be interesting to see what happens though. Dwight signing his opt in threw the plan off kilter some. Dragic wouldn't be a bad alternative if you miss out on DWILL. Ray Allen's going to be out there isn't he?

Gotta retool. It might take another year and another offseason but they gotta break this championship core up. Even Dirk admitted that this team lacks scoring talent and we need players with 1 on 1 scoring ability. Also on the search for a quality center, which won't be easy. Too many holes to fill

We need shot creators. Badly. If we don't get Deron, it's time to think about rebuilding and not reloading.

Haywood needs to be hit with the amnesty. We can find that production for significantly less of a commitment against the cap.

Well outside of Dirk and Marion, if we amnesty Haywood, we won't have much so it pretty much would be rebuilding.

Unless you're saying that it's time to move on from Dirk, which we all know Cuban won't do.

We either need a pretty good slasher/scorer, or we better hope we get Dwight Howard (In the assumption that Deron does come to Dallas).

Rick Carlisle extended for four more years, that's good...

But DB.com had some interesting scenarios for Odom.

If we don't end up cutting him loose ourselves, they brought up...

Odom/Marion for Gasol. This still leaves the possibility of Deron signing here, apparently the money works out. That would take us out of any race for Dwight Howard, but I think you do anything you can to try and lure Deron here now. Deron working with both Pau and Dirk? Front-court defense would be soft as hell, but great offensively.

Another scenario was Odom/Marion for Pierce. I don't like it as much. Pierce is a bit more injury prone, and a bit too old to be buying into his contract, but still if it brings Deron, anything is welcome.

i would rather keep delonte or jet over vince carter.

if we don't land deron williams.. we are going to be struggling, bad.

i think we should make a push for batum (rfa) or hibbert (rfa as well)

just a shot in the dark:

bynum, even with his antics in l.a., what can dallas do to get him?

or am i just wishful thinking?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I don't see him leaving LA. Other than Kobe, he's their most untouchable guy.

Ehh, maybe earlier in the season he was untouchable, not so much now. But Dallas doesn't have anything we'd want in return

why do i feel like a change of city would be a huge improvement on bynum's game? no matter how hard i try to fight it, i just can't shake the thought that dallas needs to make major moves to bring dude here. ...and for some odd reason, i'm not as sold on darren williams as the sports media down here is.

am i wrong to think these things?

I don't think I'd want that Gasol trade to go down. I kind of like the Pierce scenario, though. I mean, we're already old.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom