2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

I have pick #2

I know the smart thing would be to take Foster 2nd. (Rodgers is going 1)

But my gut says Brady.

Been going back and forth.

Anyone?

Brady will throw for over 4,000 yards this year, but his schedule during the typical FF playoffs week 14, 15 he has some tougher matchups. 49ers and Houston so that may affect your decision.

Barring injuries, Foster will have another great year I believe.

How many ppl in your league? You may find some good value picks later at QB: Romo, Vick, Eli, Big Ben, etc...

[COLOR=#red]had a live draft last night... here is my team..

10 team league[/COLOR]

Had a 12 Team league draft today with my co-workers. Non PPR. I had the #3 pick.
QB:
Eli Manning
Andrew Luck
RB:
Lesean McCoy
Michael Turner
Jamaal Charles
Ben Tate
Stevan Ridley
WR
Desean Jackson
Brandon Lloyd
Torrey Smith
TE
Aaron Hernandez
Brent Celek
K
Rob Bironas
DEF
Jets.
Stacked at RB so I may look to get a WR.

My thoughts exactly, I'd target guys like Jordy, Percy, or even Steve Smith (car) as your primary #1 WR. Not sure what Llloyd's roll is just yet, there is a lot of mouths to feed in NE, Desean is hit or miss and Torrey Smith is unproven still.

My 2nd yahoo Pro League for 100...

10 teams. NO ppr. #1 Waiver. picked last this time 
pimp.gif

QB- Peyton Manning

WR- Greg Jennings

WR- Julio Jones

WR- Jeremy Maclin

RB- Chris Johnson "CJ2k"

RB- MJD

TE- Jermichael Finley

K- Mike Nugent

DEF- Chicago

BN- Desean Jackson

BN- Rashard Mendenhall

BN- Isaac Redman

BN- Matt Schaub

BN- DeAngelo Williams

BN- Ben Tate

i think this one is just as good as my first team and I have a shot at the money but I dont like relying on Peyton, I dont have much faith he can stay healthy into the playoffs... dunno why but im trying to flip Peyton/Ben Tate  (to the dude who has arian foster and rg3) for Matt Ryan/Steven Ridley

I have pick #2

I know the smart thing would be to take Foster 2nd. (Rodgers is going 1)

But my gut says Brady.

Been going back and forth.

Anyone?

Brady will throw for over 4,000 yards this year, but his schedule during the typical FF playoffs week 14, 15 he has some tougher matchups. 49ers and Houston so that may affect your decision.

Barring injuries, Foster will have another great year I believe.

How many ppl in your league? You may find some good value picks later at QB: Romo, Vick, Eli, Big Ben, etc...

There is a lot of depth at QB this year outside the big 3 (brady, brees, and a-rod) but it all depends on your scoring system. If TDs are worth 6 for QBs, then I totally understand why you would grab Brady. Dude is poised for a monster year with all the weapons he has. Foster is as safe as it gets from the RB position, but you never know with RBs, guys get hurt all the time or have pathetic years ex (cj2k, charles) last year and both were top 5 picks. Go with your gut though and draft who you want, who cares about rankings, its your team.

what you guys think? 10 team league

Peyton Manning
RG3

MJD
Darren Mcfadden
Roy Helu
Donald Brown
Shane Vereen

Dwayne Bowe
Greg Jennings
Demarius Thomas
Greg Litlle
Titus Young

Jacob Tamme
Jermaine Gresham

Jason Hanson

NYG defense

Patrick Willis
Derrick Johnson(KC)

my team name is "Brees in the Trap" and i had the 9th pick. Brees gets picked at the 8th :smh:

who went first? Brady? :nerd:
Foster went first, Took Rodgers over brady due to rush tis

what you guys think? 10 team league
Peyton Manning
RG3
MJD
Darren Mcfadden
Roy Helu
Donald Brown
Shane Vereen
Dwayne Bowe
Greg Jennings
Demarius Thomas
Greg Litlle
Titus Young
Jacob Tamme
Jermaine Gresham
Jason Hanson
NYG defense
Patrick Willis
Derrick Johnson(KC)
my team name is "Brees in the Trap" and i had the 9th pick. Brees gets picked at the 8th :smh:

I hope MJD aint about that hold out life, if he is you might have a problem

I have the #2 pick, 12-team PPR league (.5/reception)

How would you all rank the top 3 RB(Foster, Rice, McCoy) in that category?

I'm torn between Rice and McCoy, I've picked LeSean the last two seasons and he's been dynamite for me. Ahh decisions decisions....

Last edited:
Got the 2nd pick in a 12 team keeper league. I'm new this year so I didn't have a keeper.

Anyways scoring is PPR (1 point for every 2 receptions) 6 points for a TD everywhere. 1 point for every 20 yards (WR/RB) and 1 point for every 40 yards (QB).

With that kind of scoring I'm leaning towards taking Rodgers with this pick, yay or nay?

430AM: This got to you too late but hope you went Forte at #10 over DMC.

jcmojica: Track/flag Vereen in case Ridley loses reps. Nitpicking but I'd rather have another RB/WR than both Gresham and Daniels.

Senor Chang: Like your RBs and WRs. Only weakness may be Matty Ice in a QB-heavy league. Like Freeman as a backup option. Love Titus Young on the bench.

yvespo: Cassel isn't even worth a bench spot. Pickup another RB or WR.

manslayer: Tremendous RB and WR depth. Shop Rivers to upgrade RB1 or WR2 potentially.

JordanShorts: Solid squad. Just be careful with DMC's injury history, fragility.

Fizzy: I'd worry about RB2 more than your WR corps. Hillis' value depends largely on Charles' downfall. Would have liked a better second QB, I have Freeman and Fitzpatrick (for example) rated over Flacco. As an Eagles fan, don't expect Ryans to have the same production he did in Houston. Won't happen.

Clutch: I'd drop Celek or maybe Ridley to get another WR for depth. Three isn't enough.

Boda: Strong starting lineup but solidify your bench by keeping an eye on the FA pool/waiver wire. Chandler isn't worth a roster spot for me.

Drunken: Elite RB pairing. Would consider dropping Daniels for another WR. Smitty may have a "down year" in relation to last season's phenomenal production. Could try moving him for another WR2 poised to breakout.

FlyerThanDelta: May be a challenge but with effort you should try to finagle a second-tier RB for Decker, preferably to a manager desperate for WRs. I'd target Gore and Doug Martin. McGahee and Bradshaw to a lesser extent. Fred Jackson would be amazing in PPR but doubt the manager would even consider Decker straight-up. I might not trade Decker for these two guys, but keep a close eye on Donald Brown and C.J. Spiller.

Parada: Don't hesitate if you truly feel Brady is the right choice. You could always go RB in R2 and R3. If you do take Foster, definitely handcuff with Tate. If you take Brady, definitely look into Lloyd's value after the first-tier of WRs go. Could justify Rice, Foster, and Brady at #2. Megatron if it's PPR.

im that one: Know you're a Dolphins fan but don't need three QBs (Tanny) or Fasano taking up a roster spot. Dez or Martin starting in your flex over Thomas easily.

JEWSEEJAY: Pretty sure you should win your league barring significant injury and a strong season from Peyton. MJD/CJ2K is a dynamic RB duo and Jennings/Julio is elite for a WR pairing. I would not trade Peyton and Tate for Ryan and Ridley. I think Manning has the better season and Ridley will lose reps/carries to Vereen.

bakedFresh: Don't value Helu too highly. Shanny is fickle with RBs and always goes RBBC. Could see Royster starting by season's end.

TimelessFlight: Rice, Foster, Shady.

Certified: Yes, go Rodgers because passing TDs are worth 6. Assuming Foster goes first. You have a choice between Rodgers, Rice, and Megatron (in that order).

right on ChampCruThik,

in my league the free agents for RB theres

Pierre Thomas
Ronnie Hillman
Hightower
LeGarrette Blount
Felix Jones
Daniel Thomas
Mendenhall'
Kevin Smith

any of those guys worth replacing on my roster?

Last edited:
right on ChampCruThik,
in my league the free agents for RB theres
Pierre Thomas
Ronnie Hillman
Hightower
LeGarrette Blount
Felix Jones
Daniel Thomas
Mendenhall'
Kevin Smith
any of those guys worth replacing on my roster?
Stash Helu, wait-and-see approach.

Could consider Pierre Thomas or Kevin Smith for Little or Gresham. Little is probably the last valuable player on your roster, but I don't feel a need to hold two TEs either. Enough talent in the FA pool to account for one bye week.

Only preseason but lots of touches for Vereen tonight against Philly. Could be value in PPR leagues should Ridley falter and lose the starting job. Only danger is Bill's penchant for RBBC much like Shanny, Payton, and McCarthy.

I'm in a 10 team PPR league this year with my friends which has an "Offensive Player Utility (OP)" roster slot instead of the Flex. Basically it's a Flex but you can use QBs and TEs as well as WRs and RBs. The rest of the roster is the normal 1 QB, 2 WR, 2RB, 1 TE, 1 Kicker, 1 D/ST, 7 Bench. The scoring is standard except for:

Rushing/Receiving Yards - 0.1 points per 1 yard
Passing TD - 6 points
40+ Yard Rushing/Receiving/Passing TD - 1 point
50+ Yard Rushing/Receiving/Passing TD - 1 point
200+ Yards Rushing in a game - 1 point
200+ Yards Receiving in a game - 1 point
400+ Yards Passing in a game - 1 point

I'm thinking of drafting 2 QBs with my first 2 picks. One for the QB slot and one for the OP slot. However most of my friends are saying that they're still going RB or WR heavy in the early rounds. What do you guys think? I'm thinking that the way the scoring is set up, elite QBs will put up more points than elite WR/RBs. Any advice?

My 2nd yahoo Pro League for 100...

10 teams. NO ppr. #1 Waiver. picked last this time :pimp:

QB- Peyton Manning
WR- Greg Jennings
WR- Julio Jones
WR- Jeremy Maclin
RB- Chris Johnson "CJ2k"
RB- MJD
TE- Jermichael Finley

K- Mike Nugent

DEF- Chicago

BN- Desean Jackson
BN- Rashard Mendenhall
BN- Isaac Redman
BN- Matt Schaub
BN- DeAngelo Williams
BN- Ben Tate

i think this one is just as good as my first team and I have a shot at the money but I dont like relying on Peyton, I dont have much faith he can stay healthy into the playoffs... dunno why but im trying to flip Peyton/Ben Tate  (to the dude who has arian foster and rg3) for Matt Ryan/Steven Ridley

This team is ridiculous. You must be in a fantasy league with a bunch of blind and deaf people.

I'm in a 10 team PPR league this year with my friends which has an "Offensive Player Utility (OP)" roster slot instead of the Flex. Basically it's a Flex but you can use QBs and TEs as well as WRs and RBs. The rest of the roster is the normal 1 QB, 2 WR, 2RB, 1 TE, 1 Kicker, 1 D/ST, 7 Bench. The scoring is standard except for:
Rushing/Receiving Yards - 0.1 points per 1 yard
Passing TD - 6 points
40+ Yard Rushing/Receiving/Passing TD - 1 point
50+ Yard Rushing/Receiving/Passing TD - 1 point
200+ Yards Rushing in a game - 1 point
200+ Yards Receiving in a game - 1 point
400+ Yards Passing in a game - 1 point
I'm thinking of drafting 2 QBs with my first 2 picks. One for the QB slot and one for the OP slot. However most of my friends are saying that they're still going RB or WR heavy in the early rounds. What do you guys think? I'm thinking that the way the scoring is set up, elite QBs will put up more points than elite WR/RBs. Any advice?
Yes, correct thinking. Looks like a completely QB-heavy league. Rodgers, Brady, or Brees in the first-round. Stafford or Cam in the second-round. You could always get a Fred Jackson-type RB in the third and Frank Gore even later on. WRs to target later on if you go QBs first two rounds: Lloyd, A. Brown, D. Jackson, T. Young, L. Moore.

Yes, correct thinking. Looks like a completely QB-heavy league. Rodgers, Brady, or Brees in the first-round. Stafford or Cam in the second-round. You could always get a Fred Jackson-type RB in the third and Frank Gore even later on. WRs to target later on if you go QBs first two rounds: Lloyd, A. Brown, D. Jackson, T. Young, L. Moore.
Thanks for the insight. The only thing I'm worried about is having a late pick. Hoping I'm top 4-5. Anything after that and I don't think it'd be that valuable to go for 2 QBs back to back. :\

EDIT: Just looked at the points leaders from last season and out of the top 20, 10 are QBs while only 4 each of WRs and RBs are on the list so it looks like regardless of draft order I'll be taking a QB in both of the first 2 rounds.

Last edited:
Rodgers
AJ Green
Dwyane Bowe
Brandon Lloyd
Chris Johnson
Matt Forte
Tony Gonzalez
Rob Bironas
Texans D

bench
Frank Gore
Reggie Bush

i was offered Calvin Johnson for AJ Green and Matt Forte, i was thinking of accepting it and moving Frank Gore or Reggie Bush into the lineup.
would that be a good move?

^ I really like that trade. AJ Green is coming off of a pretty strong year but it's only his 2nd year, who knows if he can repeat that this year. Matt Forte is a beast but he's injury prone. CJ is a bonafide stud, and you could start Reggie Bush, who looked really good at the end of last season, in Forte's place

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom