2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

would you start the Jets D/ST on the road in Seattle or the Cowboys D/ST on the road in Philly. Neither one is great but my options are limited unless i trade Owen Daniels for Broncos D/ST?

Mikel Leshoure or Brian Hartline for my flex?

Hartline. Read above about my thoughts on Leshoure. I like Hartline a lot this week. Tannehill is in a groove and Miami is playing a well balanced brand of football, which opens up the field for all players involved. Add that to the fact that Tennessee is 30th in the League in pass defense, then all signs point to Hartline.

Do I bench Forte vs a tough TEX DEF? My RB's would be Reggie bush and Ray rice and I would have my WR Welker Cruz and VJax

Yes. Reggie and Ray would make me feel very comfortable in playing the matchups and being able to bench Forte.

Last edited:
Who should I bench: forte or cj2k? both playing good run defenses. My other starting rb is D. Martin and I'm going to use Hartline at the flex

Last edited:
how does everyone handle trades in there leauge?

im in a leauge on ESPN they handle there trades with if Team A and team B agree to a trade the commis post it on the board and lets people throw counter offers to it. so if team C gives team A a better offer team B is **** out of luck. i NEVER did it like this always been leauge votes and is stupid to me.

I don't know if Yahoo does anything like that. I know that in the league settings the commissioner has 3 options of how trades can be processed. 1. All trades, once accepted, go through immediately, 2. All trades need the commissioners approval, once approved the trade goes through, or 3. Once a trade is accepted, it has to be approved by the league via the option to veto. The trade pends for x amount of days and if not enough vetoes then the trade goes through.

Last edited:
That seems stupid as **** :lol:

Unless the trade is some really outrageous ****, then I'd veto it to make a post about it. But I'm only in NT leagues and leagues we've been doing for years so it's nothing that crazy :lol:

I think vetoing trades in general is dumb, and should be used very, VERY sparingly. Basically, the question of collusion should be the only time a trade is vetoed. And Mike, that ESPN trade thing sounds completely ******ed.

Last edited:
Paul, you think Rudolph is primed for a big game vs DET?

He's certainly due. I will tell you that I have started him in my leagues because if he does get back on track, it will be easier to do so against Detroit. So as far as I'm concerned, this is a good matchup. The problem is that it isn't necessarily Rudolph that's slumping...It's Ponder. Usually though, when QB's struggle, the best way to get back on track is to complete easy passes and a lot of those come in the middle of the field to a big bodied TE. Cue Kyle Rudolph.

I'd start him, as Minnesota should move the ball on Detroit and see the red zone a few times.

It's set up as the commish approves the trade, but there rule is its only fair to allow people to counter it. Claims he has been in leagues where mangers would veto trades just because other teams would get better.

Was just asking if anyone has done it like that before and nobody has

He's certainly due. I will tell you that I have started him in my leagues because if he does get back on track, it will be easier to do so against Detroit. So as far as I'm concerned, this is a good matchup. The problem is that it isn't necessarily Rudolph that's slumping...It's Ponder. Usually though, when QB's struggle, the best way to get back on track is to complete easy passes and a lot of those come in the middle of the field to a big bodied TE. Cue Kyle Rudolph.
I'd start him, as Minnesota should move the ball on Detroit and see the red zone a few times.
I've got the itch to start him...but after last week, Brandon Myers has earned the start. Dude is the definition of consistent - and I've been burned 3 straight weeks with Rudolph starting but like you've said something about Percy not playing has me feeling like he'll get back on track. Seattle defended Rudolph nicely last week, though, basically chipping/holding him while coming off the LOS.

I could play Shane Vereen or Kyle Rudolph - need advice on choosing 1

Last edited:
^ Rudolph has burned me as well. Decided to pick up Brandon Myers. I say if Percy doesn't start, then you can start Rudolph. The staff has mentioned they want to involve Rudolph more as well. Right now, there is still a tiny chance Percy ends up starting on Sunday.

Do I bench Forte vs a tough TEX DEF? My RB's would be Reggie bush and Ray rice and I would have my WR Welker Cruz and VJax

That's a tough one. But I'm going to say as a Texans fan I watch every game and our run D isn't all that great. I would start Forte he is too much of a weapon to bench and he could go off at any time. If Chicago coaching staff is smart and has a balanced attack they will win and Forte should have a good game.

I'm in a horrible situation:::

Ryan Matthews @ TB
Steven Jackson @ SF
Andre Brown @ Cincy
Taiwan Jones @ Balt

=\ I'd be lucky if I hit a combined 20pts from my RB's this week...who to start????

Should I give up LeSean McCoy for Doug Martin and my choice of Anquan Boldin or Dwayne Bowe? I'm worried about the Eagles offensive line being able to create any type of holes ever, and the Eagles season looks like it's on a downward spiral while the Bucs are looking like theirs is heading towards very good things. #1 offense in the league in the last month. But I am in a keeper league, so instead of Brady and McCoy being my keepers it would be Brady and Martin.

My team is

Brady
McCoy, Charles, Sproles, Starks, Michael Bush
Fitz, Antonio Brown, Denarius Moore, Chris Givens
Jimmy Graham, Aaron Hernandez
Bears D
Suisham

Should I give up LeSean McCoy for Doug Martin and my choice of Anquan Boldin or Dwayne Bowe? I'm worried about the Eagles offensive line being able to create any type of holes ever, and the Eagles season looks like it's on a downward spiral while the Bucs are looking like theirs is heading towards very good things. #1 offense in the league in the last month. But I am in a keeper league, so instead of Brady and McCoy being my keepers it would be Brady and Martin.
My team is
Brady
McCoy, Charles, Sproles, Starks, Michael Bush
Fitz, Antonio Brown, Denarius Moore, Chris Givens
Jimmy Graham, Aaron Hernandez
Bears D
Suisham

That's interesting. It's worth taking a look at, but the added receiver shouldn't be much of an incentive. Looks like you're good to go at that position and right now there isn't anything to get excited about with Bowe and Boldin. I'm a McCoy owner myself, so the best way for me to answer this is to say that I would not do the trade. Shady, to me, simply has too much value as a pass catcher to get rid of, despite offensive line struggles. I hate putting my trust in Andy Reid at the moment, because he seems lost, but I still know there are ways to utilize McCoy in the short passing game to keep his value very high. While I like Doug, I'd be cautious that his performance last week is weighted too heavily. Remember, he is a rookie so there's a chance he slows down considerably come fantasy playoffs.

Last edited:
That's interesting. It's worth taking a look at, but the added receiver shouldn't be much of an incentive. Looks like you're good to go at that position and right now there isn't anything to get excited about with Bowe and Boldin. I'm a McCoy owner myself, so the best way for me to answer this is to say that I would not do the trade. Shady, to me, simply has too much value as a pass catcher to get rid of, despite offensive line struggles. I hate putting my trust in Andy Reid at the moment, because he seems lost, but I still know there are ways to utilize McCoy in the short passing game to keep his value very high. While I like Doug, I'd be cautious that his performance last week is weighted too heavily. Remember, he is a rookie so there's a chance he slows down considerably come fantasy playoffs.
You seem to have pretty good depth on this team to make the move. McCoy gives you many options here with the pass game though.

My only suggestion to you is to check out the remaining schedule and see how each week's match up looks. IF it looks favorable, than make the move. The Eagles are in a much tougher defensive league than the Bucs.

Last edited:
Bye week for RG3.

I need 1 qb guys.

Tannehill vs. TEN
Ponder vs. DET

.25 pts per completion.
4 pts per td
5 point bonus at 325 yards...

which one should i roll with?

Bye week for RG3.
I need 1 qb guys.
Tannehill vs. TEN
Ponder vs. DET
.25 pts per completion.
4 pts per td
5 point bonus at 325 yards...
which one should i roll with?

Tannehill since Ponder will be without Harvin and he's been struggling lately.

Who do I start at QB?
Vick@cowboys or Freeman@chargers?

Back
Top Bottom