2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Did my last draft of the year earlier tonight for a money league. It's a 10 team PPR, 6 points for passing TDs, .1 points per rush/rec yard, FLEX is QB/RB/WR/TE. I like my team, but I think I could use some help at RB. I had 5th pick. What do you guys think?

QB - Tom Brady
RB - Darren Sproles
RB - Michael Turner
WR - Brandon Marshall
WR - Antonio Brown
FLEX - Ben Roethlisberger
TE - Fred Davis
D/ST - Texans
K - David Akers
Bench - Miles Austin, Cedric Benson, Michael Bush, Kendall Wright, Danny Amendola, Brandon LaFell, Alfred Morris

Last edited:
1688mcz.png

thoughts?

:smokin
Would you do a Hillis for Tate? Anyone?
The owner of Foster has him, DeAngelo and David Wilson.

Hillis, I think he can get as many carries (200+) as Jamaal Charles, much like the way Thomas Jones was used in 2010. I don't think the Chiefs are going to overuse Charles, especially with him coming off a serious knee injury. Cassel is inconsistent, the Chiefs have a top 5 oline and as a result they are one of the few teams that run as much or perhaps more than they pass. They also have the 4th weakest run d schedule.

Some simple math - the chiefs are going to run 500+ times, 225 carries go to Charles (he has never gone past 230, even in his best season), 100 go to Cassel/McCluster/4th string, that leaves about 200 for Hillis. He'll probably average 4 per carry and get the goal line carries. I think his floor is 800 yards and 6 td's, even with a completely healthy Charles. I don't think Ben Tate can reach that unless Foster misses time.

Had the 3rd pick. 10 team league. 6pts for TDs (passing, rushing, or receiving). NOT PPR

QB- Tom Brady
RB - Matt Forte
RB- Trent Richardson
RB/WR - Jeremy Maclin
WR- Greg Jennings
WR- Steve Smith
TE- Aaron Hernandez
D- Seahawks
K- Stephen Gostkowski

Bench:
RB- Donald Brown
RB- David Wilson
WR- Sidney Rice
WE- Denarius Moore
TE- Jared Cook
QB- Josh Freeman

Thoughts? I really don't like my team and feel I could have done better. My RB depth is :x and I feel like I reached for the Seahawks. What do you guys think?

From the NKETLK league, 4th year running.

PPR league, 7th pick, 12 teamer. Just the way the draft ended up, I ended up with a lot of boom or bust players (Matthews, Ryans, AP, Brown), but we'll see how it goes. Ecstatic that I ended up with Megatron at the 7th pick in a PPR league.

cnbe1.png

and for bragging purposes:

2iuby13.png

Opinions?

It's close but I actually prefer Tate to Hillis. Tate got a good workload in preseason and should spell Foster quite a bit to keep Arian fresh for late in the season and playoffs. We don't know what Peyton Hillis to expect. He basically quit on Cleveland after a franchise year. A healthy Charles may keep Hillis on the bench. Wouldn't take DeAngelo or Wilson for Tate either.
Seattle plays STL twice, Arizona twice without a QB, and a SF squad that is known for limited offense and kicking FGs.
B-More is going to a more aggressive, hurry-up and attack offense under Cam. Steelers should air it out under Haley to Wallace, Brown, and Sanders. Cleveland is the one weak spot, could still pound Richardson for 25-30 carries per game.

Hillis, I think he can get as many carries (200+) as Jamaal Charles, much like the way Thomas Jones was used in 2010. I don't think the Chiefs are going to overuse Charles, especially with him coming off a serious knee injury. Cassel is inconsistent, the Chiefs have a top 5 oline and as a result they are one of the few teams that run as much or perhaps more than they pass. They also have the 4th weakest run d schedule.
Some simple math - the chiefs are going to run 500+ times, 225 carries go to Charles (he has never gone past 230, even in his best season), 100 go to Cassel/McCluster/4th string, that leaves about 200 for Hillis. He'll probably average 4 per carry and get the goal line carries. I think his floor is 800 yards and 6 td's, even with a completely healthy Charles. I don't think Ben Tate can reach that unless Foster misses time.

Thanks guys. I proposed Tate and Vincent Brown for Hillis and Cobb, lets see if he wants it.

my first draft ever. how did i do? suggestions?

*edit: Default, head to head scoring, 1st pick, 11 teams

Last edited:
^how deep is that league?

Don't forget the OC for Hillis in his breakout year was Greg Daboll, who is now the new OC for KC. Hillis is a very good pass-catcher for a RB and if there's one person who knows how to utilize Hillis, it's Daboll.

Let Hillis take the goal-line rushes. Charles (if back to form) will be fine considering he averaged less than 15 carries a game in 2010 (as said above).

When posting your teams, PLEASE post the scoring (Default, PPR, 6pts per QB TD, etc), what pick, and how many teams. Otherwise, we can't judge anything.

my first draft ever. how did i do? suggestions?
*edit: Default, head to head scoring, 1st pick, 11 teams

#1 pick as Rodgers definitely hurt your team. I could never take a QB first unless it was a 6pt/TD for a QB. You definitely need to try to get a #1 RB and hope your WR's pan out. Brown and Jennings are good upside picks but I think you can do without Williams and Ware since they won't see much PT. It is a wait and see game with Hightower as well and what the skins plan to do with those 3 backs.

12 team ppr...6 points for all touchdowns

QB
Jay Cutler

WR
Larry Fitzgerald

WR
Wes Welker

WR
Demaryius Thomas

RB
Steven Jackson

RB
Doug Martin

TE
Brent Celek

W/R
Michael Crabtree

BN
Beanie Wells

BN
Willis McGahee

BN
Danny Amendola

BN
LeGarrette Blount

BN
Rashard Mendenhall

BN
Ryan Fitzpatrick

Fan Pts
K
Jason Hanson

DEF
New England

Feel like I should trade for a legit number 1 rb...

Back
Top Bottom