2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

SET THIS %%%# OFF TONIGHT!

nicks.jpg

I like Olsen this week. He will run scott free across the middle because the LBs are going to be concerned with his running ability

I like Olsen this week. He will run scott free across the middle because the LBs are going to be concerned with his running ability
I just feel Tampa buckles down defensively under Schiano. He will make a conscious effort to refocus the Bucs on power running (Martin) and stingy, stout defense like at Rutgers.

I see Cook putting up numbers because Tennessee will have to pass based on score and high-yardage downs.

I just feel Tampa buckles down defensively under Schiano. He will make a conscious effort to refocus the Bucs on power running (Martin) and stingy, stout defense like at Rutgers.
I see Cook putting up numbers because Tennessee will have to pass based on score and high-yardage downs.
Champ I definitely feel where you are coming from. I just think Cam becomes more poised and game slows down even more for him. Olsen will cause matchup problems for Tampa. I'm sure they are more worries about Cam, Smith, Williams, Tolbert in that order. I think Olsen goes 4 receptions 60 yards and 1 score. I love Cooks upside and I think he thrives in that offense as well

Both are solid plays this week. 
pimp.gif

I have 30 minutes to decide if I play Witten. Do I take the gamble? They gave him the go ahead to play tonight. If not i'm playing Olsen 

I have 30 minutes to decide if I play Witten. Do I take the gamble? They gave him the go ahead to play tonight. If not i'm playing Olsen 

has Witten played that much this preason? him being hurt + having to block more because of that Gmen pass rush.....

has Witten played that much this preason? him being hurt + having to block more because of that Gmen pass rush.....
I think he played one game this preseason. He blocks alot tonight but he is Romos favorite target

Last edited:
I'd honestly risk the play. Witten is tough as nails and Romo loves him. If he suits up, must be planning to give his all for the full game.

Olsen isn't a world-class option as an alternative. If you had Cook or Gresham, I'd think differently.

thanks Timeless and Champ for the advice.

I think i'm going to roll with Witten tonight.
In all honesty, that man has heart to even suit up and be on the field. Could have taken the easy way out and sit for an extra 10-11 days rest for Week 2.

Witten has a much higher ceiling for fantasy points than Olsen. Even at less than 100%.

bbllplaya23: I was wondering the same thing, but I'm guessing it has to be a keeper league. The manager might have kept Foster and drafted Brady first-round.
Nickthestick91: Can't explain that one.
laugh.gif
Drafted well but also had weak managers in his league.
jdmcl9: Yes, your hunch is absolutely correct. Try upgrading TE once Matthews comes back. You can package S-Jax or Hillis. Move K. Smith after a couple weeks, especially if he runs hot and sells high.
QB2 also. I don't believe in Flacco, even in Cam's uptempo offense.
JEWSEEJAY: DHB easily. Seeing the most targets until Ford and Moore are 100%. Santonio has to show me something with Sanchez to start. Randy also with Alex Smith. Not a safe play.
mikejs210: You can change defenses and Ks weekly if you have sub-par, mediocre options. If you have SF D and Mason Crosby, pick up a different defense and K those respective weeks for an injured player or weakest bench spot.
datkidfiasco: Room to improve. Your stacked at receiver. Trade up to two receivers to upgrade both your RB positions. Freeman is risky but I like that play. You have nothing to lose.
Going Megatron then Gronk destroyed your RB pairing.
I'd move Demaryius first. Then Welker (not cheaply).
yungchris504: Stacked at RB to say the least. Like the depth. I'd move S-Jax for a WR1 or WR2. I like Decker over Demaryius this year. Not sure if Eric was available when you drafted Thomas in the sixth-round.
HdBkNIKE: Start Nelson in the Flex easily over Reggie.
StreetZDream: Love your RB depth. Would move Trent for a strong WR2.
MrONegative: I think Mendy might be far as third in the pecking order. Redman, Dwyer, Mendy.
SuNiversal: Arian should command a RB1 and WR1. Like Forte and Jennings. You could settle for a WR2 in the package like Julio. Megatron should command a WR1 and RB2. Something like Peterson and Cruz.
SJSneakerheadIII: MV7 against Browns. No Witten. Romo will be running for his life against Giants pass-rush.
diewitsjames: Start Sproles. Lynch is questionable. Potential 50/50 game-time decision increasing Turbin's Week 1 value.
Not every week in a standard league. Sproles is more valuable PPR. Lynch should normally get the start if he's healthy.
thanks champ, you the man 
pimp.gif

MMG: Conventional wisdom says Demaryius, Wayne, Washington. But I personally would take a chance on Washington, Demaryius, Wayne in that order. I wonder how often Luck targets Wayne Week 1. Probably goes to Fleener more as a safety valve. We'll see once he's under Chicago pressure. Demaryius is #2 at best for Peyton. Decker #1, Tamme #3 as of now (can be #2). Washington's value is up with Britt out. Tennessee will be forced into a passing game even with CJ2K.
bxbadboy90: I'd still start Floyd. But do you have a RB option for the Flex potentially?
bballkingsrule1: Definitely Beanie. Who knows how many carries McCarthy will give to Ced. On top of that, SF D is most stingy against the run. Beanie is a good RB2 and Flex start until Ry Williams proves otherwise.
I'd start top-6 Seattle D. Don't see Skelton moving the ball match. Sherman and Browner should do fairly well against Fitz, I hope. Always liked Browner since Oregon State.
ohmygosher: Drop T.O. for another WR or RB (best available). Don't be surprised if you use Washington over Q Boldin this season.
SonOfTony: Dwyer may prove to be the more valuable Pittsburgh handcuff than Mendy. Flag and track him for the time being.
Three6mafia2007: Looks good to me. WR depth. Elite RBs. Would trade DeAngelo and Floyd for a better RB3.
Icy ESR Two3: Nothing wrong with holding onto Cobb based on potential value, but I have Wright ranked slightly higher at receiver by three or four places.

The only rbs I have are :Mendenhall, Spiller, Royster, Peterson, Helu, n MCcoy

First sack of the season for G-Men D. More to come from Bernard, JPP, Osi, and Tuck. Underrated defense in fantasy.

See I'm afraid I drop Fleener and he breaks out..Rookie QB with not a lot of weapons with his 6'6 Safety Net from college..at the same time, I could be completely wrong and Cook is grabbing points while Fleener is throwing me goose eggs
laugh.gif

See I'm afraid I drop Fleener and he breaks out..Rookie QB with not a lot of weapons with his 6'6 Safety Net from college..at the same time, I could be completely wrong and Cook is grabbing points while Fleener is throwing me goose eggs :lol: ...
Understood. I usually don't advise holding two TEs, but is there another bench player you can drop for Cook?

ohmygosher: Drop T.O. for another WR or RB (best available). Don't be surprised if you use Washington over Q Boldin this season.

I know I should, but I won't. I carried him all the way to 2nd place last year (he even started 1 week for me 
laugh.gif
).

Dude is one of my favorite football players ever and I'm gonna pick him up until I can't anymore.

I know I should, but I won't. I carried him all the way to 2nd place last year (he even started 1 week for me :lol: ).

Dude is one of my favorite football players ever and I'm gonna pick him up until I can't anymore.
I can actually respect that. T.O. is one of my favorite players of all-time as well. Sad to see him dealing with those audacious and exorbitant child support payments. I believe to four different women. I always liked that white chick he was seriously dating. Keri, was it?

Back
Top Bottom