2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

News posted on Andrew Hawkins on CBSsports

Film review: Hawkins looks like Welker: Bengals second-year receiver Andrew Hawkins caught the eye of many Fantasy owners with his eight-catch, 86-yard game against the Ravens on Monday. Was it a fluke or might he be a key figure in the Cincy offense? Hawkins wasn't on the field all the time (37 snaps) but did catch the overwhelming majority of his targets outside in the flats, screening the Ravens defense and stretching them horizontally. Where Hawkins then made an impact was with his quickness, often running toward the sideline and picking up gobs of yardage. His only incompletion came on a poorly thrown pass by quarterback Andy Dalton.
(Updated 09/13/2012)

Should I run Randall Cobb in my flex or pick up James Jones and play him?

Or just hold off, and use Donald Brown vs MIN or Kevin Smith @SF?

Jennings confirmed out. Any way Cobb (v. CHI) gets a start over Reggie Wayne (v. MIN) or Stevie Johnson (v. KC)?

Need help nowwwww...game's bout to start pretty soon.

Are you certain Revis will be on Brown or Wallace? Or will NYJ place Cromartie (speedster) on Wallace (speedster)?

I don't see Mike getting the overall carries to be effective. His only value is at the goaline right now. However, CHI will move the ball on the GB defense so I could see Mike getting the opportunities there.

The safer bet is Brown because he will get his targets. The boom or bust play is Mike.

Something is telling me to bench Fitzgerald..no quarterback to throw to him. What should I do? I was thinking about throwing in Cobb for the replacement.

iight...think I'm gonna run with James Jones instead of Cobb or K. Smith vs. that Frisco front 7 :x

*crosses fingers*

Heard revis may not make the trip still having foggy headaches whatever that means

So you don't want me to watch the game. Cool. :smh:

Last edited:
Would you guys sit Dexter McCluster in favor of Knowshon Moreno? Yahoo has Knowshon projected higher but McCluster received a lot of looks last week and I don't know that Buffalo will be able to stop him consistently.

Naw, hell naw actually. I don't trust Moreno at this point. That TD he scored was one of what? About 3 or 4 touches in the game? The odds are better with Dexter.

iight...think I'm gonna run with James Jones instead of Cobb or K. Smith vs. that Frisco front 7 :x

*crosses fingers*

Heard revis may not make the trip still having foggy headaches whatever that means

I personally like Cobb better. GB giving him the targets, plus has the abilities (speed, quickness, hands). Just my opinion though.

*crosses fingers*

I personally like Cobb better. GB giving him the targets, plus has the abilities (speed, quickness, hands). Just my opinion though.

:lol: I was actually leaning that way, but playing it safe.

Even though ESPN had him projected for less than Jones, I know what my eyes see, and just needed an NTer to blame if this goes bad when I play him instead.

Kudos. :smokin

Last edited:
According to the Union-Tribune San Diego's Kevin Acee, it "appears" Ryan Mathews (clavicle) will play versus the Titans on Sunday.
"I'm exactly where I want to be" to play Sunday, Mathews said after taking hits in Thursday's limited practice for the first time since Aug. 9. "It's ultimately up to coach Norv's decision." Acee isn't sure if the team even knows yet whether Mathews would be on a pitch count if he does indeed play. Although Mathews has the look of a RB2 fantasy option, owners should check back Friday afternoon for the official injury report.

Last edited:

*crosses fingers*

:lol: I was actually leaning that way, but playing it safe.

Even though ESPN had him projected for less than Jones, I know what my eyes see, and just needed an NTer to blame if this goes bad when I play him instead.

Kudos. :smokin

:lol: I feel you... real talk... CHI could send help towards Cobb and that would open it up 1 on 1 for Jones... soooooo

NT fam lmk what ya think!
QB- Eli Manning
RB- Matt Forte
RB- Ray Rice
WR- Victor Cruz
WR- Wes Welker
TE- Fred Davis
W/R Reggie Bush
W/R/T Jordy Nelson
DEF- Giants
K- J. Hanson
Bench:
Alfred morris
V Jax
Lance moore
Micheal Bush
jay cutler
Do I switch Morris for anyone? He's going up against the rams.
probably switch Reggie Bush for Morris

Last edited:

I'd get those first 3 players....thoughts?

You mean jones instead...from what im hearing cobb is being used as a percy harvin in that offense Wr/slot/rb screens and punt returns Cobb all day :pimp:

It's a tough call and the extent of my info is tweets from journalists watching Oakland practice. Here's what they have to say:

]
I think the Dolphins are a favorable passing matchup. Sean Smith (Dolphins best cover/man corner) will most likely alternate between DHB and Moore. Smith is a good player, but he's not Revis. Plus having DHB, Moore, DMC on the field simultaneously benefits the passing game immensely. I can't say Moore at WR2 is a safe play, but I think he'll be ready to go and will get room because of the Defense trying to primarily hold the Raiders run game in check. What are your options aside from Moore at WR2?
Also, got a blockbuster in the works....
My AJ Green/Bradshaw/Flacco for his MJD/Nate Washington/Cutler
I have Julio, Jordy, and D-Mo at WR. Forte, Benjarvus, and M Bush at RB.
Loved Sean Smith at Utah. Can play corner and safety. Favorite player on the Dolphins easily. Tremendous athlete.

I have no doubt D. Moore is the Oakland receiver to own over a season's length. DHB in second, which is misleading because DHB's ADP was slightly higher than Moore's in preseason. However, I'm hard-pressed to believe D. Moore comes back from a sore hammy and just balls out W2 against Miami. I'm thinking from W3 on he starts to produce those deep down-field receptions.

Wasn't necessarily for me at WR2, just wanted to pose that question for a true Raiders fan to help others on this board with the Moore fantasy situation.

Very close on both sides. MJD is obviously a legitimate RB1 and top-10 fantasy producer barring contract disputes and holdouts. Washington underrated but value drops a notch with Britt back in the picture. Cutler in-line for a monster QB campaign. I don't like Flacco one bit, I don't care how he looked in one week. Bradshaw is a solid RB2 and fights through injuries. A.J. is the one piece I'd have trouble parting with but I suppose you're comfortable with it getting MJD in return and still having Julio and Jordy to back it up.

I would definitely pickup D. Moore. His value will kick in from W3 on most likely. He's the Oakland WR to own, not DHB. I might seriously drop DHB for Moore. Don't wait too long on that move.
Garcon's foot could be an issue. I'd track closely until Saturday.
If he can't play, I'm starting McCluster in the Flex especially if it's a PPR league. Hillis or Thomas after that.

Thanks Champ, dropped DHB for Moore. I was thinking that too, but though DHB might have a big day on the Dolphins DBs. Moore is the better long term investment. So if Garçon can't go, I'll start Moss and play McCluster at Flex. Need that win!

Back
Top Bottom