2012 Retro Bred XI "MENTALKICKS"

Hey guys...  Just bought my 6th grade shoe that was retro-ed but had to buy it from an online store called "mentalkicks" and upon hearing reviews, they were mixed but here it goes...  I know "mentalkicks" is PayPal verified and it is guaranteed on the site to be 100% authentic so I will escalate this if needed.  the shoes were $270 plus $20 shipping but the thing that also pissed me off was the international US Customs fee that was $71.  I'm expecting to get based for this but this is the first time I got this kind of problem purchasing shoes and thing in general online.  Any help and opinions is appreciated. TIA...

i bet the shoes smell like F***ING GLUE all over it. and heel upper leather area are soft instead of rigid compare to retail one

Dawg...  It doesn't smell like the other J's I bought from Footlocker or Official strore sites...  :/

Dawg...  It doesn't smell like the other J's I bought from Footlocker or Official strore sites...  :/

that's what is call early release/shady pairs , some people consider as fake , some people still consider it as legit but non authorized by nike. truthfully i also don't know, if u can return for refund better do it now cause im pretty sure 100% those are not RETAIL RELEASE!

mentalkicks already proven they all sell shady pairs of J's for ridiculous price , u can check it on youtube it's all over it

I dealt with mental kicks during the 2011 concord release. afraid that I was going to miss out during the holiday, i ordered one from them like two weeks before official release date.

in the end i was lucky enough to order another pair from a trusted and legit store.

when i got both, i compared both of them and the mental kicks pair failed in the quality department. they might have not been fake, but it wasn't up to standards with the official release pair. i think that's where the grey area is with these sites. it might not be fakes, but its not really official either.

from what i can remember, the differences off the top of my head were:

-the mental kicks pair had that strong glue smell as mentioned above.

-the box didn't have a stamp inside like the official box. (i know the box doesn't really tell how legit a shoe is but its just something small i noticed)

-the shape was kinda off but not enough to call it fake.

this is just my experience that i'm sharing but i learned from that and will never buy from this site again. i mean, there's a reason why this site still got sizes left isn't there? lol

$71 US Customs fee? Holy crap. So you paid $270+$20+$71 making it a total of $361. You can get those kicks now on eBay for under $300 with an official store receipt from US sellers. The problem with returning that to mentalkicks is that shipping it back won't be cheap, they probably won't refund you the return shipping cost, and I don't think you can get back the $71 you spent on customs fees. You probably should just keep them rather than wasting around $100+ for nothing.

Last edited:
Those are for sure early release! Don't ever deal with mental kicks!! Ordering from overseas is for the most part not a good deal

I dealt with mental kicks during the 2011 concord release. afraid that I was going to miss out during the holiday, i ordered one from them like two weeks before official release date.

in the end i was lucky enough to order another pair from a trusted and legit store.

when i got both, i compared both of them and the mental kicks pair failed in the quality department. they might have not been fake, but it wasn't up to standards with the official release pair. i think that's where the grey area is with these sites. it might not be fakes, but its not really official either.

from what i can remember, the differences off the top of my head were:

-the mental kicks pair had that strong glue smell as mentioned above.
-the box didn't have a stamp inside like the official box. (i know the box doesn't really tell how legit a shoe is but its just something small i noticed)
-the shape was kinda off but not enough to call it fake.

this is just my experience that i'm sharing but i learned from that and will never buy from this site again. i mean, there's a reason why this site still got sizes left isn't there? lol

Well my shoe has...

Jumpman stitching is one chubby the other normal. Also coming off.
23 is stretched on one the other is not.
The toe box on one is longer than the other.
Carbon fiber is off on both meaning that it looks n feels fake.
Length of shoes differ...
N transparent toe cap area has quality n symmetry issues...

If there's any way to escalate this n actually have it in favor of me getting my money back, please lmk... TIA

Back
Top Bottom