2012 Stussy Sunglasses Collection

Originally Posted by tee eye ehm

Ohhh...so those hawaiian shirts dont count as "streetwear" but cardigans, v-neck sweaters, and peacoats do?? Just stop now. Have you ever stopped to think that style changes with the times? It is common knowledge that Stussy laid the foundation that is now called "streetwear." In fact, Stussy is probably the epitome of the term "streetwear." Period.

I'm not saying any of that stuff counts as anything 
laugh.gif

I'm saying that it's all the same now and Stussy themselves has bought into the hype. A lot of it which Supreme and BAPE created. Stussy been around, but they didn't create the feverish demand that Supreme and BAPE does. They don't have the same clout, "period". 

OP doesn't want to hear that, as far as he's concerned they're the end all be all to everything StreetWear. Blinders on I guess. Looks the same to me broskini. 

Pro club was streetwear.. everyone walking down the street had them on At one point.

Period.

Stussy WAS surf first but skate followed extremely quickly after.

Stussy was all over the skate magazines of the late 80's into the 90's...it was a clothing brand for that lifestyle aka "street wear".

Ads referenced everything from surf to skate to bboying to graff to reggae to punk...it is what is is.

Supreme did not invent the term street wear (Vision may have actually) and they wouldn't call themselves that now.

It is true though, Stussy laid the groundwork for ALL these graphic T companies out that call themselves "street wear".

Supreme came after Stussy...there was a 1991 Stussy store in NYC before there was ever the Supreme store.

Bottom line for me is that I'd rock stussy anyday over that garbage store called supreme.

Stussy, from when I started buying their stuff which was early 00's has always remained unique including their world tour tees, beanies, button ups and what have you. Trying to ask how stussy is any different from any other street brand is not taking into account that they need to keep up with the competition especially when hypebeasts and hyperbeasts have all these new brands to rock so of course stussy is gonna have to revamp their style to stay current...but imho they still release tees and other products that harken back to their earlier times.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

I never liked Stussy as a streetwear brand. Their tee designs were okay, and never liked how the Stussy logo looked. Its cool though, just not for me.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Are the sunglasses available in online retailers yet?

Son, this thread is no longer about the sunglasses. Go ask your questions elsewhere 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by Supremacy

If it wasn't for Stussy, there wouldn't be Supreme.
As far as rankings go, Stussy was the original one.
I'd rank Stussy 1st with Supreme 2nd and Bape 3rd.

Oh, and you realize that Supreme rips off a lot of designs from other stuff too right? There's a thread on SS where it has the Supreme item and the original thing it was based off of. Some of them are pretty much the same thing.
Supreme blatantly rips other designers off to try and be symbolic/ironic....
Stussy copied Supreme's style logo and picture tees for hype reasons....

Stussy was NEVER like this in the 80s or 90s (straight surf billabong steez), they became a streetwear brand AFTER Supreme. So Supreme has been doing the streetwear thing for a lot longer bruh. 

Stop fronting like Stussy wasn't straight billabonging it for the longest. Like they were doing Mike Tyson/Kermit the frog-esque picture and graphic tees from the beginning? LOL okay....yeah...NOPE. Like they had Stussy logo crewneck sweaters and backpacks and the whole 9 back in their bloomingdale days? yeah...definitely not bruh. They had some tees that I'd rock with (like the world tour tee) but other than that their line was very surf-oriented. Supreme has always been very skate-oriented but the skate culture has always gone hand and hand with street culture. 

For the record Supreme is just as repetitive as Stussy at this point, I barely ever find a piece that I feel compelled to cop. Maybe a piece or two if that per season, it's all the same %*%+ now.
spoken like a true hypebeast...Billaboning it?  do you even know what you are taking about 
laugh.gif
 You are clearly a hypebeast referencing Mike Tyson and Kermit the Frog tees
and for those asking the sunglasses run for $110

move along

2qvxdex.jpg
Is that guy in the Tyson shirt serious?  Or did he lose a bet?

You guys forget skating came from surfers tho so that whole
Stussy is for surfers and supreme for skaters please throw it out the window.

sneakerheathen won't be seen again in this thread

and Shadykat mltd.com has them as well as stussy.com

Originally Posted by StillIn729

sneakerheathen won't be seen again in this thread

and Shadykat mltd.com has them as well as stussy.com

o rly?
laugh.gif
 this dude....what a rider. 

One of ya'll is talkin about fashion/style and the other is arguing about business model/vision...

Back
Top Bottom