2012 Summer Olympics Thread: London July 27 - August 12

guess i need to actually watch this game huh?

saw the end and 2nd half but i was working so no sound. morgan was choppin folks on the wing all day playin perfectly placed crosses. her service was laughably good. easily should had 3+ assists. and yes she is 
pimp.gif
 wood inseminate.

wambach is done she cant finish anymore.

wambach is done she cant finish anymore.
She's scored in every match this tournament.
laugh.gif
  It's really unfair.  A man amongst girls.

Westbrook
sick.gif
  I'm pretty sure #9 getting baptized had a Dharma initiative tattoo on his shoulder.

So with most of the significant swimming and gymnastics events completed, and the men's 100 T&F done, what's the most anticipated event remaining?

most entertaining womens sporting event I've ever watched in my life. nothing else really comes close

but damn Canada might have gotten robbed. that was not a handball

Last edited:
Explains ur comments...
But not glorious enough for you to live there huh?

just because I live in the U.S. I have to root for the women's soccer team? :lol:

this dude and his republican party reasoning :smh:

thats true for the men since its u-23 but these are pretty much the same squads in the women's games

It is true for both even with the women bringing in the same squads. If it was the same then the U.S. would not be win less in the world cup since 1999.

just because I live in the U.S. I have to root for the women's soccer team? :lol:
this dude and his republican party reasoning :smh:

No for the Name or Flag they represent... Why would anyone want failure for your national team and praise an oh so glorious japan? Im saying if its so wonderful ... why are you not there? Why not live in such a glorious country ?

Call my reasoning what you want .. Idc.

LOLO JONES...Bust?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/05/s...eauty-not-achievement.html?_r=2&smid=tw-share

For Lolo Jones, Everything Is Image
By JERÉ LONGMAN
LONDON — Judging from this year’s performances, Lolo Jones seems to have only a slim chance of winning an Olympic medal in the 100-meter hurdles and almost no possibility of winning gold.

Still, Jones has received far greater publicity than any other American track and field athlete competing in the London Games. This was based not on achievement but on her exotic beauty and on a sad and cynical marketing campaign. Essentially, Jones has decided she will be whatever anyone wants her to be — vixen, virgin, victim — to draw attention to herself and the many products she endorses.

Women have struggled for decades to be appreciated as athletes. For the first time at these Games, every competing nation has sent a female participant. But Jones is not assured enough with her hurdling or her compelling story of perseverance. So she has played into the persistent, demeaning notion that women are worthy as athletes only if they have sex appeal. And, too often, the news media have played right along with her.

In 2009, Jones posed nude for ESPN the Magazine. This year, she appeared on the cover of Outside magazine seeming to wear a bathing suit made of nothing but strategically placed ribbon. At the same time, she has proclaimed herself to be a 30-year-old virgin and a Christian. And oh, by the way, a big fan of Tim Tebow.

If there is a box to check off, Jones has checked it. Except for the small part about actually achieving Olympic success as a hurdler.

At the 2008 Beijing Games, Jones led before hitting the 9th of 10 hurdles. She stumbled home in seventh place. To her credit, she stood and answered reporters’ questions with grace, but her career has since ebbed. Anything could happen here, as Beijing showed. Still, Jones is far from a favorite.

She barely made the 2012 Olympic team with a third-place finish at the United States trials. Nineteen hurdlers internationally have posted faster times this year than Jones’s best, 12.74 seconds, including the other two Americans in the field. Not all of those faster hurdlers will compete in London, but enough of them will to seemingly minimize Jones’s chances.

Sally Pearson of Australia is the favorite. Dawn Harper, the reigning Olympic champion from the United States, is also a candidate to win the gold medal, as is Kellie Wells, another American. Yet, Harper and Wells remain in shadow while Jones stands in the spotlight.

“It reminds me of Anna Kournikova,” said Janice Forsyth, the director of the International Centre for Olympic Studies at the University of Western Ontario.

This was a reference to the former Russian tennis player whose looks received far more attention than her relatively meager skills.

“It’s really a sad commentary on the industry Lolo is in,” Forsyth said. “Limited opportunities are there for women to gain a foothold unless they sell themselves as sex kittens or virgins for sale. I don’t know if this is Lolo being Lolo or part of a marketing scheme to remain relevant in an Olympic industry where if you are not the Olympic champion, you are nothing.”

Ilana Taub, a spokeswoman, said Jones would have no comment. Previously, Jones has defended her nude ESPN photograph on artistic grounds. And she has denounced a double standard that celebrates male athletes as sex symbols but derides women. She has a point. No one is complaining that Ryan Lochte is athletic eye candy.

Of course, Lochte is also appreciated for his haul of Olympic swimming medals. Victory alone is often not enough for women. Harper, the 2008 Olympic hurdles champion, grew up in tattered East St. Louis, Ill. That city’s famous Olympic athlete, Jackie Joyner-Kersee, was her mentor. In Beijing, Harper had no shoe endorsement, so she ran and won in a pair of borrowed spikes. But all anyone asks about is Jones.

At one point, it was frustrating, Harper said, adding that she resolved the matter through prayer.

“I don’t care what anyone else is getting; I’m excited to be here,” she said. “At the end of the day, you can talk about all that, but you’ve still got to mention my name.”

Yet Harper acknowledged being startled by the extent to which Jones has revealed details about her own dissolute childhood in Des Moines. Her father spent time in prison. Her family lived for a period in a Salvation Army basement. She had a brief and desperate career as a child shoplifter.

“I’ve had family issues as well, but I’m not willing to say all of them just so it can be in the papers,” Harper said. “I don’t want that for myself or my family.”

In recent days, Jones has been criticized for what many have called an insensitive Twitter remark in the wake of the mass shooting in a theater in Aurora, Colo. After the United States lost the gold medal to Italy in the team archery competition, Jones wrote, “When’s da Gun shooting competition?”

She clarified her remark, saying she was referring to American pre-eminence in hunting, which she had done with Southerners. (Jones attended Louisiana State in a state known as the Sportsman’s Paradise.)

Not always the most confident athlete, Jones has acknowledged battling doubt all season. Her modest times show it. Heats of the hurdles begin Monday. If Jones can remain composed and improve her technique and speed, she can also write a great and improbable story of Olympic redemption.

After stumbling four years ago, she is back on her feet, back in the Games. Back in position to be appreciated for her athletic skill, not merely her sex appeal. Back in position to undress her opponents, not herself.

No for the Name or Flag they represent... Why would anyone want failure for your national team and praise an oh so glorious japan? Im saying if its so wonderful ... why are you not there? Why not live in such a glorious country ?
Call my reasoning what you want .. Idc.

You are getting salty cause I said glorious japan? that is purely tongue in cheek

I root for anyone that plays this U.S. squad. Not just Japan. I still mention Japan because dudes always get salty about the 2011 loss to them.

The Japanese team is far more skilled than the U.S. and I enjoy watching them play. The U.S. relies too much on their dudes pushing around weaker females. It is one of the reasons why they mostly score on set pieces and headers. They also act like they gave away the world cup when they got outplayed in the clutch. They choked and came back from the world cup acting like they won.

I have never seen that much douchebaggery on a female squad in any sport other than the Miami Heat. Womback filed a complaint against one of the Colombian players that resulted in said player being suspended, which basically ended her olympics. She dishes out physical play every game and it is how she scores yet catches feelings when some scrub player bodied her. She is almost 6 feet tall and getting bodied by some shorter female and posting twitter pics of her "injury." :smh:

It will be a joke if these amazons get schooled again by those 5 foot tall Japanese players :lol:

I think people really are taking the "glorious Japan" comment too literally.

But yeah, you dont have to root for the US team in every event. Sometimes I like to root for the underdog, or whatever team has the hottest female athletes.
pimp.gif

IBut yeah, you dont have to root for the US team in every event. Sometimes I like to root for the underdog, or whatever team has the hottest female athletes. :pimp:

Same here...

Like right now, Just watched Gabby Douglas lose. There's was a bit of hype for her (from the media and others), Not even mad the Russian chick won. :pimp:

Gabby's mentality was all messed up. It wasn't even physical...it was all in her head. 

You are getting salty cause I said glorious japan? that is purely tongue in cheek
I root for anyone that plays this U.S. squad. Not just Japan. I still mention Japan because dudes always get salty about the 2011 loss to them.
The Japanese team is far more skilled than the U.S. and I enjoy watching them play. The U.S. relies too much on their dudes pushing around weaker females. It is one of the reasons why they mostly score on set pieces and headers. They also act like they gave away the world cup when they got outplayed in the clutch. They choked and came back from the world cup acting like they won.
I have never seen that much douchebaggery on a female squad in any sport other than the Miami Heat. Womback filed a complaint against one of the Colombian players that resulted in said player being suspended, which basically ended her olympics. She dishes out physical play every game and it is how she scores yet catches feelings when some scrub player bodied her. She is almost 6 feet tall and getting bodied by some shorter female and posting twitter pics of her "injury." :smh:
It will be a joke if these amazons get schooled again by those 5 foot tall Japanese players :lol:

"their dudes" "Ill root for anyone against this US squad" :lol: Look at your hate bruh... Gawd forbid American's acknowledge their run to the golden medal game and losing PKs and praising them for a good effort...

So if someone took a fist to Kobe's eye on a blindside in the finals you wouldnt want them to be ejected or suspended? Ok... :rolleyes

Physical is grabbing, tugging, pushing, and nudging inside the box on a corner is part of the game.

Not taking a ******g round house to someones face when shes not eve looking or trying to play the ball or go up field...

Last edited:
Kirani James is really that dude though. Wins the first medal ever for his country (gold at that) and before he starts celebrating, he makes sure to shake every runner's hand first :pimp:

"their dudes" "Ill root for anyone against this US squad" :lol: Look at your hate bruh... Gawd forbid American's acknowledge their run to the golden medal game and losing PKs and praising them for a good effort...
So if someone took a fist to Kobe's eye on a blindside in the finals you wouldnt want them to be ejected or suspended? Ok... :rolleyes
Physical is grabbing, tugging, pushing, and nudging inside the box on a corner is part of the game.
Not taking a ******g round house to someones face when shes not eve looking or trying to play the ball or go up field...

gawd forbid I acknowledge how humble and skilled the Japanese women are and schooling an overhyped team...

The refs missed the call and womback retaliated against the player a few plays later. Go watch the replay. I don't really care if Kobe gets punched as long as the Lakers win. Colombia were basically eliminated in that game. Wombach was just salty that she got out manned. She's like the big bully that finally got hit back and caught feelings.

gawd forbid I acknowledge how humble and skilled the Japanese women are and schooling an overhyped team...
The refs missed the call and womback retaliated against the player a few plays later. Go watch the replay. I don't really care if Kobe gets punched as long as the Lakers win. Colombia were basically eliminated in that game. Wombach was just salty that she got out manned. She's like the big bully that finally got hit back and caught feelings.

This is so funny to me... :lol:

Schooling them? They havent played them. And they went in PKs in the WC to decide who wins.. what are you talking about ? Talking like they lost 7-1 or something like that...

An over hyped team that is still undefeated? just like the Japanese...?

She got bodied because she took a blindside to the eye... Ok... And who wouldnt retaliate after (if she even did cuse i watched that and i dont clearly remember but regardless)? If Someone hit u in the eye... u wouldnt do something back? Probably not huh? :lol:

And now you dont care? I beg to differ if that ever did happen... :lol: Say what you want now i guess ...

Back
Top Bottom