2012 Summer Olympics Thread: London July 27 - August 12

I'm not a fan of the women's soccer team either. Solo is always saying dumb crap and Wombach is always in some kind of physical altercation. I'm a fan of Rapinoe though. She's like a great point guard who can get the ball wherever she wants. Not sure why the "glorious" Japan comment got some people butthurt. Relax. Their win at the World Cup was great and helped uplift their country a little.

Men's gymnastics is so much more friendlier than the women's.
laugh.gif

You got the gymnasts and coaches all congratulating and supporting one another.

Of age btw
glasses.gif
 (In Russia)

Whats good with the "summer" olympics having people in coats and pants? 
roll.gif

London <<<<< 

Mustafina gets the edge because she's foreign.. And kind of looks crazy.. In the best kind of way

No for the Name or Flag they represent... Why would anyone want failure for your national team and praise an oh so glorious japan? Im saying if its so wonderful ... why are you not there? Why not live in such a glorious country ?
Call my reasoning what you want .. Idc.

You are getting salty cause I said glorious japan? that is purely tongue in cheek

I root for anyone that plays this U.S. squad. Not just Japan. I still mention Japan because dudes always get salty about the 2011 loss to them.

The Japanese team is far more skilled than the U.S. and I enjoy watching them play. The U.S. relies too much on their dudes pushing around weaker females. It is one of the reasons why they mostly score on set pieces and headers. They also act like they gave away the world cup when they got outplayed in the clutch. They choked and came back from the world cup acting like they won.

I have never seen that much douchebaggery on a female squad in any sport other than the Miami Heat. Womback filed a complaint against one of the Colombian players that resulted in said player being suspended, which basically ended her olympics. She dishes out physical play every game and it is how she scores yet catches feelings when some scrub player bodied her. She is almost 6 feet tall and getting bodied by some shorter female and posting twitter pics of her "injury." :smh:

It will be a joke if these amazons get schooled again by those 5 foot tall Japanese players :lol:

That's such a weak argument though....gotta love the nationalism the Olympics promote even though it's about peace and bringing people together :lol: ....the nationalism isn't necessarily a bad thing but it has it's limitations. Furthermore I thought he was referring to the team being glorious.

As a whole I think the Japanese team is more disciplined and technical. But I don't think they were as good as they were last year.
Losing on PKs always sucks, it's not the greatest way to win. But Japan came up big when it mattered most and it was something positive for the country, props to them. Despite how good the US maybe, the Japanese proved to be worthy opponents. A different kind of talent the US is used to playing against...but maybe I'm not objective enough to say that they were schooled. Not scoring PKs....they pretty much did give it away :lol: but I think they had mad chances that they didn't capitalize on. I wouldn't call them an overhyped team at all.

Any team would have acted like they did. I'm sure if Canada won the game, many Americans would say that they are acting like the won the WWC but are gonna lose in the final game anyways...which really does sound so American :lol: It was an amazing great, making it to the finals is always big, let them cook bro.

It's a physical game. If a team can use that to their advantage why shouldn't they? Did you see those tackles Japan was making against GB? :lol:
A lot of teams play the long ball/set pieces/header game...Wambach is an aerial threat, it always baffles me when players don't mark her up :smh:
Wambach dishes it and takes. But getting sucker punched is another thing. Wambach never filed anything, nor do I believe she could. I'm pretty sure it would be done by USWNT official. For the record the USWNT never filed a formal compliant but word is that they contacted officials....FIFA banned her for two matches. Officials obviously felt that discipline action was needed. The "injury" was clear, plus it was on national tv. I think she flew back home with the team whenever they left. Regardless anyone would retaliate. I'm pretty sure she didn't Lady Andrade didn't get carded which makes it worse.

gawd forbid I acknowledge how humble and skilled the Japanese women are and schooling an overhyped team...
The refs missed the call and womback retaliated against the player a few plays later. Go watch the replay. I don't really care if Kobe gets punched as long as the Lakers win. Colombia were basically eliminated in that game. Wombach was just salty that she got out manned. She's like the big bully that finally got hit back and caught feelings.

This is so funny to me... :lol:

Schooling them? They havent played them. And they went in PKs in the WC to decide who wins.. what are you talking about ? Talking like they lost 7-1 or something like that...

An over hyped team that is still undefeated? just like the Japanese...?

She got bodied because she took a blindside to the eye... Ok... And who wouldnt retaliate after (if she even did cuse i watched that and i dont clearly remember but regardless)? If Someone hit u in the eye... u wouldnt do something back? Probably not huh? :lol:

And now you dont care? I beg to differ if that ever did happen... :lol: Say what you want now i guess ...

You can't always rely on refs. Player retaliations happen, the ref won't always catch like they don't catch a lot of things. The game today was really physical and players were going at it, retaliations happened on both teams. Tancredi was going extra hard and getting away with it, it delivered a scissor tackle. The ref calls what she sees. Last WWC Bompastor got tangled up with Swedish player and hit her, the Swed hit her...ref gave the Swed a red card. Bompastor stayed in the game. It's part of the game.

As for the controversial PK today, debatable...the player happened to be in the wrong position at the wrong and the ref made a call on her. But yes overall the reffing was sub-par, as also in the NZ game.

I'm glad the 3-4-3 worked out today, risky but it worked.
Props to Sinclair

I read that Wambach was the one that pointed out to the ref that the canadian goalkeeper was taking too long and was even counting the seconds. She also posted a pic of her with her purple eye on twitter so I would not be surprised if she filed the report against the colombian. I have zero respect for that type of stuff.

and :lol: @ hope solo's overrated ***
she always gets scored on against decent teams

they might have a better chance against and older and out of shape japan since they can even manipulate the refs

God damn you're mad. Did you have money on the Canadians? Serious, you seem really upset over the US women's team winning a semifinal. Like, not even going at the refs like most people who are complaining, just straight up insulting and hating on these girls.

I read that Wambach was the one that pointed out to the ref that the canadian goalkeeper was taking too long and was even counting the seconds. She also posted a pic of her with her purple eye on twitter so I would not be surprised if she filed the report against the colombian. I have zero respect for that type of stuff.

they might have a better chance against and older and out of shape japan since they can even manipulate the refs

She was in the right, the GK can't do that...it's called time wasting. **** comes up in FIFA(the game) all the time :lol:
It's not too uncommon, the most recent time before this that I can think of was RvP going after the New Castle GK for wasting time

So with most of the significant swimming and gymnastics events completed, and the men's 100 T&F done, what's the most anticipated event remaining?

200m? Relay? Basketball final?

Most of the great stuff is over though.

Do you even know the rules when it comes to penalties being levied against players once the game is over?? FIFA or the IOC can fine/suspend players after the fact without a complaint being lodged, and even if the US Federation filed for a review, how can you blame them? "Lady" wound up and PUNCHED her in the eye while she wasn't looking, you just seem to hate the US team for whatever reason, but when you say stuff like "theyll beat a older and out of shape Japan" I just :lol:. So I guess Japan is the only team that has aged in the past two yrs right? I'm pretty sure this Japanese team has 0 starting players older than Rampone or Mitts but ok...and you're already setting yourself up for if the USA wins with the Japan is out of shape excuse too I see.

American team is biologically going to be bigger than a Japanese team, its just a fact, which is why Japan plays differently, they can't play for headers like the US can, they rely on posession and movement. I don't see Asian men's teams *****ing about playing the Netherlands when they have taller and bigger players players, so please stop with using their "superior strength" logic. The two teams have different styles which is obvious but that doesn't mean one is better than the other...Japan have a great team but so does the USA so it'll be a great game...no need to hate on one the the other.

Damn I feel bad for Liu Xiang, he couldn't make it over the first hurdle.. Then he hopped down the track as a symbolic finish. That's tough to see.

I don't know if you guys have been paying attention, but the Lolo Jones media backlash spearheaded by the NY Times is starting to begin. I also believe that everything she's doing is calculated especially revealing how she's a 30 year old virgin on Real Sports.

NYT Article

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/05/s...raws-attention-to-beauty-not-achievement.html

Sporting News

http://aol.sportingnews.com/olympic...lo-jones-hurdles-dawn-harper-tim-tebow-virgin

Bomani Jones with a humorous take on her "chastity"

Back
Top Bottom