2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Originally Posted by quik1987

Since its under Scion this thing will be greatly underpowered. Is toyota willing to venture out into the unknown world of sports cars and not boring family cars and hybrids, probably not.

LFA
While yes they do have that but how many people can afford that price tag. Way overpriced compared to its competitors. I'm talking about something along the lines of the Supra, something that can compete with a 370z, Evo, Mustang GT, STi, Camaro, etc. Maybe this Scion will be that car but being labeled under Scion i just don't see it. If this were to be there premiere flagship sports car i think they would brand it a Toyota. When most people think Scion, they think of a low priced car every other college student has.

It has been reported for a year, or two, now that Toyota is trying to get back to faster and better handling cars. The ISF is the first stage and that was well received even w/o a manual option and still being a sedan. LFA was the next, which is a beast and I think Lexus just wanted to show the world that they could produce something competetive. But even before that, there have been numerous Supra renderings and testings, they've also considered bringing back the Celica. 
 Scion has always been Toyotas youth oriented division. The TC already has 180 hp in it's hood, this being a RWD and will most likely get a 200-240 hp can be their most expensive offerings while still being affordable at mid-$20k range. Toyota then could easily come out with the Supra they have been hiding under the blankets or a similar coupe in the $30k+ range to compete with the others. Toyota was never one to give huge HPs so I doubt you'll see an 800hp car within the $30k price range like the Mustang GT500 but I could easily see them releasing one in the 300hp range.  The battle between these imports are about to rev up (pun intended).

Since its under Scion this thing will be greatly underpowered. Is toyota willing to venture out into the unknown world of sports cars and not boring family cars and hybrids, probably not.

LFA
While yes they do have that but how many people can afford that price tag. Way overpriced compared to its competitors. I'm talking about something along the lines of the Supra, something that can compete with a 370z, Evo, Mustang GT, STi, Camaro, etc. Maybe this Scion will be that car but being labeled under Scion i just don't see it. If this were to be there premiere flagship sports car i think they would brand it a Toyota. When most people think Scion, they think of a low priced car every other college student has.

It has been reported for a year, or two, now that Toyota is trying to get back to faster and better handling cars. The ISF is the first stage and that was well received even w/o a manual option and still being a sedan. LFA was the next, which is a beast and I think Lexus just wanted to show the world that they could produce something competetive. But even before that, there have been numerous Supra renderings and testings, they've also considered bringing back the Celica. 
 Scion has always been Toyotas youth oriented division. The TC already has 180 hp in it's hood, this being a RWD and will most likely get a 200-240 hp can be their most expensive offerings while still being affordable at mid-$20k range. Toyota then could easily come out with the Supra they have been hiding under the blankets or a similar coupe in the $30k+ range to compete with the others. Toyota was never one to give huge HPs so I doubt you'll see an 800hp car within the $30k price range like the Mustang GT500 but I could easily see them releasing one in the 300hp range.  The battle between these imports are about to rev up (pun intended).

/\ good stuff... love my TC personally... although it jus cost me 48 to fill up...
sick.gif
i feel bad for all you stang v8 drivers... couldnt be me

/\ good stuff... love my TC personally... although it jus cost me 48 to fill up...
sick.gif
i feel bad for all you stang v8 drivers... couldnt be me

I miss my tC. Spent a few g's modding that thing, and just traded it away. 
sick.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif

Sad how a GTR could spank a LFA, and its a quarter of its price tag.

I miss my tC. Spent a few g's modding that thing, and just traded it away. 
sick.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

To be fair, the GT-R could spank a lot of cars double-triple its cost.
I think Lexus also tried to include luxry into the LFA.

Originally Posted by RFX45

That and also the exclusiveness.
Still a fine vehicle, but for $400k + it should be a bit quicker. The exhaust note on one is 
eek.gif

That and also the exclusiveness.
Still a fine vehicle, but for $400k + it should be a bit quicker. The exhaust note on one is 
eek.gif

LFA

actually one of the reason why the supra and many other jdm cars came with 276hp from factory is because of the limit set by the transportation ministry of japan. The 2jz has been known to handle 800+whp on stock internals.

but yea the market is different, I do see it as a good move by toyota by bring this here has a scion. Has a better chance of selling and rebadging is easy. The VQ is not rough to daily tho. There are plenty of G35s, 350Z used as DDs

LFA

actually one of the reason why the supra and many other jdm cars came with 276hp from factory is because of the limit set by the transportation ministry of japan. The 2jz has been known to handle 800+whp on stock internals.

but yea the market is different, I do see it as a good move by toyota by bring this here has a scion. Has a better chance of selling and rebadging is easy. The VQ is not rough to daily tho. There are plenty of G35s, 350Z used as DDs

Wonder why it was changed to Scion. The Toyota name would've gave it a lil more credibility.

Wonder why it was changed to Scion. The Toyota name would've gave it a lil more credibility.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

How much hp was a Supra pushing off the lot? Like the old muscle car days where they listed HP numbers way lower than what they actually were.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

How much hp was a Supra pushing off the lot? Like the old muscle car days where they listed HP numbers way lower than what they actually were.

If it is RWD/280-300 HP/ Turbo then it will be under consideration. If not, I will be copping a used BMW 335 IS.

If it is RWD/280-300 HP/ Turbo then it will be under consideration. If not, I will be copping a used BMW 335 IS.

The car is a beaut. Gorgeous looking. But it should have been a Toyota or at least a lex. Smh I don't want a scion badge.
I'll be patiently waiting for this one
pimp.gif
been awhile since Toyota came out with a sick car like this.

Back
Top Bottom