2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by quik1987

This car will be 200 hp tops. They may release a turbo a year or 2 after.

200 hp isn't really that bad for the price point, considering how small and light it's going to be, it can be on an MR-2 or S2000 kind of car. I think this is suppose to compete with the Genesis Coupe though so I wouldn't be surprised if a second trim with 250-270 hp will also be available. I would prefer they use a V6 but the engine might be way too big for this car, I'd still like to see it though.

The whole point of Toyota/Subby callabo on this car is Toyota wanted to use a boxer engine and besides Porsche Subaru makes the best boxer engine in the world... because the engine is so compact they can move it lower and further towards the middle... Subaru has been confirmed to do a Turbo model... in exchange for the engine Toyota is sharing hybrid tech with Subaru... because of Subaru's reliance on Turbo and awd their MPG is horrible considering most of their engines are 4 bangers...

200 hp isn't really that bad for the price point, considering how small and light it's going to be, it can be on an MR-2 or S2000 kind of car. I think this is suppose to compete with the Genesis Coupe though so I wouldn't be surprised if a second trim with 250-270 hp will also be available. I would prefer they use a V6 but the engine might be way too big for this car, I'd still like to see it though.

The whole point of Toyota/Subby callabo on this car is Toyota wanted to use a boxer engine and besides Porsche Subaru makes the best boxer engine in the world... because the engine is so compact they can move it lower and further towards the middle... Subaru has been confirmed to do a Turbo model... in exchange for the engine Toyota is sharing hybrid tech with Subaru... because of Subaru's reliance on Turbo and awd their MPG is horrible considering most of their engines are 4 bangers...

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

So this car will have a flat-4? I haven't been paying attention but is it confirmed that this will have a front engine? If by any chance it is a rear engine (or even better mid-engine, which I kind of doubt) then a flat-6 might be possible?

So this car will have a flat-4? I haven't been paying attention but is it confirmed that this will have a front engine? If by any chance it is a rear engine (or even better mid-engine, which I kind of doubt) then a flat-6 might be possible?

100% front engine, flat 4... it may be considered a front mid engine, I'm not sure... as far as flat 6 goes, Subaru's H6 is similarly power compared to a Turbo 4...

100% front engine, flat 4... it may be considered a front mid engine, I'm not sure... as far as flat 6 goes, Subaru's H6 is similarly power compared to a Turbo 4...

This is the engine layout
attachment.php

attachment.php

subaru-brz-prologue-3.jpg

Yeah but a naturally aspirated flat 6 is better than a turboed 4, for the most part. 

Yeah but a naturally aspirated flat 6 is better than a turboed 4, for the most part. 

They probably won't be able to use the H6 for weight and size issues. Just speculation though.

They probably won't be able to use the H6 for weight and size issues. Just speculation though.

It's for sure going be made for Subaru, on Toyotas side, is it going to be a Scion or Toyota?

I just don't see them doing one for each unless they make the Toyota version a much powerful version. The speculated spec seems perfect just above the TC. There isn't much room in the Scion line-up for this vehicle if they lower the HP (unless they discontinue the TC) or increase the power (with an increase in price ~$30k?).

It's for sure going be made for Subaru, on Toyotas side, is it going to be a Scion or Toyota?

I just don't see them doing one for each unless they make the Toyota version a much powerful version. The speculated spec seems perfect just above the TC. There isn't much room in the Scion line-up for this vehicle if they lower the HP (unless they discontinue the TC) or increase the power (with an increase in price ~$30k?).

Back
Top Bottom