2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

Originally Posted by Based Mod

Originally Posted by RFX45

Bigger and wider.
i can see that, but how is that bad?
People will always complain about the increased size and weight of new cars. I do all the time, but that did not stop me from copping one.
laugh.gif

At this point, there has been nothing but rumors about a turbo version coming a couple years later. Subaru and Toyota will not announce something like that and jeopardize potential first year sales even if they do in the future.

The Supra is fat too.
grin.gif

I'd cop after school is done but Ohio in the winter is brutal I don't see this goin to well lol. Dads X5 on the other hand is nasty in the winter but thats OT. Nice car either way and I'm excited to see more details.

I'd cop after school is done but Ohio in the winter is brutal I don't see this goin to well lol. Dads X5 on the other hand is nasty in the winter but thats OT. Nice car either way and I'm excited to see more details.

All I'm saying is go show me where you can buy a Z brand new for 31k... their like Porsches, just because they say they start out at 80 something G's for a 911 doesn't mean they'll sell you one for that ...

All I'm saying is go show me where you can buy a Z brand new for 31k... their like Porsches, just because they say they start out at 80 something G's for a 911 doesn't mean they'll sell you one for that ...

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

Are you serious? Dealers always order bone stock cars all the time especially for a car like this in which driving enthusiast love and doesn't need all the bells and whistle. And I guarran-damn-tee no one pays MSRP on these cars. I can promise you that if I want to buy a 370Z, it'll be easy to talk these dealerships down to $28k-$29k. And yes, there are 911's can go for their MSRP, a lot of people that buys 911s get 5%-6% off MSRP (depending on location of course) even on ordered cars, not cars on the lot. If you pay for a car at MSRP, you're crazy.

New 2011 370Z $29,662

New 2011 370Z $29,970

New 2011 370Z Touring $29,997

New 2011 370Z $30,640 
New 2011 370Z $30,640

New 2010 370Z $31,495

New 2011 370Z $31,777

Ok so whats the excuse now? It's $31k but before tax & title?

370Z is $50k in Zimbabwe? What other excuse are people going to make now?

Are you serious? Dealers always order bone stock cars all the time especially for a car like this in which driving enthusiast love and doesn't need all the bells and whistle. And I guarran-damn-tee no one pays MSRP on these cars. I can promise you that if I want to buy a 370Z, it'll be easy to talk these dealerships down to $28k-$29k. And yes, there are 911's can go for their MSRP, a lot of people that buys 911s get 5%-6% off MSRP (depending on location of course) even on ordered cars, not cars on the lot. If you pay for a car at MSRP, you're crazy.

New 2011 370Z $29,662

New 2011 370Z $29,970

New 2011 370Z Touring $29,997

New 2011 370Z $30,640 
New 2011 370Z $30,640

New 2010 370Z $31,495

New 2011 370Z $31,777

Ok so whats the excuse now? It's $31k but before tax & title?

370Z is $50k in Zimbabwe? What other excuse are people going to make now?

Car looks mean as hell in this photo (from the OP). I'd definitely want one, blacked out

attachment.php

Car looks mean as hell in this photo (from the OP). I'd definitely want one, blacked out

attachment.php

may cop. MAYBE

just hate how small it is, and better believe i'd debadge the scion badges and put toyota badges.

may cop. MAYBE

just hate how small it is, and better believe i'd debadge the scion badges and put toyota badges.

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

better believe i'd debadge the scion badges and put toyota badges.

Better hope trunk logo part is replaceable because it lights up.
oXZ4P.jpg

oXZ4P.jpg

a lot more than you think, I think... Toyota is selling this car pretty cheap and is going to market it towards the tuning community... and the Turbo 4 Subaru uses have more torque and HP than the H6 they use... the 4 weighs less, and it makes the car's weight more evenly distributed... and with the weight of car, if you only mildly tune it you'll see fairly good results...
laugh.gif
 You don't even sound assuring yourself. 
I don't know, I guess I can see this being like the 370Z but even with that car, about what percentage of the car sold are modded/tuned? 10%? 20%? I still think it's a small market, I could imagine more people buying this and thinking they can beat any car on the road right off the lot than those who plan to fully modify this car.

I still prefer a NA 6 over a turbo 4, just has more grunt on the lower RPMs w/o lag. More balanced powerband. 

Don't get me wrong though, I can understand why they'd choose a turbo flat 4 because of the cars size but if the car is offered in both engines, I'd choose the NA 6 w/o hesitation and my guess is most people will too.

If there is one thing STi owners have over Evo's it would be the low end torque in the ej257, however I'm not sure which engine Subaru is planning to use in their version. The reason you don't see many 370's tuned is because it is N/A, the amount of money you have to spend is ridiculous to make the same gains that someone in a F/I car makes.

a lot more than you think, I think... Toyota is selling this car pretty cheap and is going to market it towards the tuning community... and the Turbo 4 Subaru uses have more torque and HP than the H6 they use... the 4 weighs less, and it makes the car's weight more evenly distributed... and with the weight of car, if you only mildly tune it you'll see fairly good results...
laugh.gif
 You don't even sound assuring yourself. 
I don't know, I guess I can see this being like the 370Z but even with that car, about what percentage of the car sold are modded/tuned? 10%? 20%? I still think it's a small market, I could imagine more people buying this and thinking they can beat any car on the road right off the lot than those who plan to fully modify this car.

I still prefer a NA 6 over a turbo 4, just has more grunt on the lower RPMs w/o lag. More balanced powerband. 

Don't get me wrong though, I can understand why they'd choose a turbo flat 4 because of the cars size but if the car is offered in both engines, I'd choose the NA 6 w/o hesitation and my guess is most people will too.

If there is one thing STi owners have over Evo's it would be the low end torque in the ej257, however I'm not sure which engine Subaru is planning to use in their version. The reason you don't see many 370's tuned is because it is N/A, the amount of money you have to spend is ridiculous to make the same gains that someone in a F/I car makes.

oXZ4P.jpg

Oh hell naw, I'm all up for innovation but that's going to look mad corny at night
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Whatever I'll just switch out the trunk

oXZ4P.jpg

Oh hell naw, I'm all up for innovation but that's going to look mad corny at night
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by scshift

oXZ4P.jpg

laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Thats the concept though

Originally Posted by scshift

oXZ4P.jpg

laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Thats the concept though

Back
Top Bottom