2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by quik1987

1319633537565.jpg

1319633596442.jpg

From what I understand, pic is still not confirmed to be the actual production car. 
Plus that's the Toyota, the Scion we're getting here in the US will almost be completely different, not just rebadged. 
frown.gif

I'm honestly diggin that climate control on the concept version uber much...it's so simple and just blends in seamlessly...plus it looks to be easy to use.

Originally Posted by quik1987

1319633537565.jpg

1319633596442.jpg

From what I understand, pic is still not confirmed to be the actual production car. 
Plus that's the Toyota, the Scion we're getting here in the US will almost be completely different, not just rebadged. 
frown.gif

I'm honestly diggin that climate control on the concept version uber much...it's so simple and just blends in seamlessly...plus it looks to be easy to use.

laugh.gif
If that's the production interior, lol at the concept -> production... Bean counters do it again

laugh.gif
If that's the production interior, lol at the concept -> production... Bean counters do it again

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

200hp just isnt enough.

If they expect anyone to take this car seriously a 6 cylinder needs to made an option.

I honestly do not think it needs more than 200hp, it'll be nice, but 200hp is a good base starting point especially since they plan on selling it for around $20k-$25k. It's not meant to compete with the 330hp 370Z that starts at $32k. 200hp is more than enough for a light, rwd coupe at that price point. I am not sure why everyone wants amazingly big numbers, would you guys really pay $35k for a Scion with 300hp-350hp? 
umm da camaro comes with 400+ HP wit cheaper then 35K
smokin.gif

200hp just isnt enough.

If they expect anyone to take this car seriously a 6 cylinder needs to made an option.

I honestly do not think it needs more than 200hp, it'll be nice, but 200hp is a good base starting point especially since they plan on selling it for around $20k-$25k. It's not meant to compete with the 330hp 370Z that starts at $32k. 200hp is more than enough for a light, rwd coupe at that price point. I am not sure why everyone wants amazingly big numbers, would you guys really pay $35k for a Scion with 300hp-350hp? 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

200hp just isnt enough.

smokin.gif

Yah but that's a muscle, American car with a rich history. Scion is a brand made for teenagers to their twenties in mind who loves to "mod" and I use that term loosely. Didn't you see how crazy people got when Hyundai announced their price for the Genesis sedan? People went "it's still a Hyundai". The car is nice and it sold well but it'll sell so much better if that were a Nissan or a Toyota. The company does have a lot to do with the pricing of these vehicles as well, that's why BMW has managed to price their cars higher with less standard options because they have a name of being a great performance car company.
An American car, due to their notorious reliability past has to put more power at a cheaper price to sell similar to what Hyundai did with the Genesis Coupe, more power for the buck, even offered it in rwd and that's what sells it. If it had 150hp stock for the same price, no one would touch that thing. If the Camaro came with 200hp for $20k, chances are no one buy it either. 

But again I ask, would rather pay $35k on a Scion with ~300hp or a Camaro with 400+hp for the same price?

Overall, both cars are made for different things anyways.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

200hp just isnt enough.

smokin.gif

Yah but that's a muscle, American car with a rich history. Scion is a brand made for teenagers to their twenties in mind who loves to "mod" and I use that term loosely. Didn't you see how crazy people got when Hyundai announced their price for the Genesis sedan? People went "it's still a Hyundai". The car is nice and it sold well but it'll sell so much better if that were a Nissan or a Toyota. The company does have a lot to do with the pricing of these vehicles as well, that's why BMW has managed to price their cars higher with less standard options because they have a name of being a great performance car company.
An American car, due to their notorious reliability past has to put more power at a cheaper price to sell similar to what Hyundai did with the Genesis Coupe, more power for the buck, even offered it in rwd and that's what sells it. If it had 150hp stock for the same price, no one would touch that thing. If the Camaro came with 200hp for $20k, chances are no one buy it either. 

But again I ask, would rather pay $35k on a Scion with ~300hp or a Camaro with 400+hp for the same price?

Overall, both cars are made for different things anyways.

Toyota FT-86 / Scion FR-S specs leaked via training manual

We may have a clearer picture of what the Toyota FT-86 / Scion FR-S will bring to the table when the production version finally arrives. A few scans of a purported Toyota training manual on the vehicle have made their way into the hands of the internet via the FT86Club.com forum.

If the site's translations are accurate, the vehicle will boast a 2.0-liter flat-four producing 197 horsepower at 7,000 rpm and 150 pound-feet of torque at 6,600 rpm. While not overwhelming numbers, if the handling is as good as we've been hearing, the powertrain should be enough to hustle the 2,667-pound coupe around your favorite twisty road at a respectable pace.

The sheet also reveals that the FR-S will come in two trims, at least in Japan. A higher-spec variant will come with a limited-slip rear differential in both manual and automatic-equipped vehicles, while the lower-spec model will only have the LSD when equipped with a third pedal (which is just fine by us).

Topped-out JDM versions will also have a leather-wrapped steering wheel, LED accent lighting, a six-speaker audio system, sport pedals and white-faced gauges. Models will also be differentiated by wheel size, with higher-trims wearing modest 17-inch rollers and lower models rolling on 16-inch stock.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Toyota FT-86 / Scion FR-S specs leaked via training manual

We may have a clearer picture of what the Toyota FT-86 / Scion FR-S will bring to the table when the production version finally arrives. A few scans of a purported Toyota training manual on the vehicle have made their way into the hands of the internet via the FT86Club.com forum.

If the site's translations are accurate, the vehicle will boast a 2.0-liter flat-four producing 197 horsepower at 7,000 rpm and 150 pound-feet of torque at 6,600 rpm. While not overwhelming numbers, if the handling is as good as we've been hearing, the powertrain should be enough to hustle the 2,667-pound coupe around your favorite twisty road at a respectable pace.

The sheet also reveals that the FR-S will come in two trims, at least in Japan. A higher-spec variant will come with a limited-slip rear differential in both manual and automatic-equipped vehicles, while the lower-spec model will only have the LSD when equipped with a third pedal (which is just fine by us).

Topped-out JDM versions will also have a leather-wrapped steering wheel, LED accent lighting, a six-speaker audio system, sport pedals and white-faced gauges. Models will also be differentiated by wheel size, with higher-trims wearing modest 17-inch rollers and lower models rolling on 16-inch stock.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back
Top Bottom