2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

Originally Posted by RFX45

I don't think it'll bother me if they make a convertible version, as long as it looks good and performs the same, it should actually be lighter as a convertible too. A good alternative to Miatas.

BRZ convertible PS

Actually it should be heavier from the additional bracing. The 2013 Miata is suppose to weigh around 2100 lbs with 145hp hmm.

I really do wish this is a huge success. I'd really love it if this spawns more manufacturers to come out with cars like these. They can downgrade the 370Z and come out with a 270Z and bring back out the S2000. CRZ should have been that car Honda but instead they make it an ugly Hybrid.

I really do wish this is a huge success. I'd really love it if this spawns more manufacturers to come out with cars like these. They can downgrade the 370Z and come out with a 270Z and bring back out the S2000. CRZ should have been that car Honda but instead they make it an ugly Hybrid.

Originally Posted by quik1987

????? Version
attachment.php
Real life This joint is SCREAMING Mitsubishi FTO. 
15698_5449.jpg

Its like an updated body style. 

laugh.gif
They're just both red. The front fascia, the headlight, tailights silhouette, side view mirrors, etc... are nothing alike.

laugh.gif
They're just both red. The front fascia, the headlight, tailights silhouette, side view mirrors, etc... are nothing alike.

laugh.gif
Whaaaaat. Son, it looks like the 2012 FTO I swear man
laugh.gif

I saw it and said "Damn, I know I've driven this joint on Gran Turismo before" 

I swear it looks like an updated body style of it. Every curve in its body style is the same as the FTO

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I swear it looks like an updated body style of it. Every curve in its body style is the same as the FTO

Wow, I guess I haven't been into cars lately. This is the first I've read about this car. And this threads over a year old. SMH

Wow, I guess I haven't been into cars lately. This is the first I've read about this car. And this threads over a year old. SMH

HKS FT-86 Fast lap around Tsukuba. 1:07.44 Not bad at all IMO.
Curtesy of FT86club.com

NOB feedback driving GT86

*It was fun to driver than I've expected

*It lack power... Because it's light weight so it's cornering is good, traction is good, braking is good... but it lack acceleration.

*It makes me want to go one more lap, one more lap into the track.

*If there isn't any car to compete against it'll be fun car to drive.

*If there's some car you compete against, it lack acceleration, so maybe get taken over in straight line.

*This car is a great car... but after driving for a while, you might get bored of this car.

*If you think of this car is base of tuning car, is totally okay.

Reason is, recent car is only heavy weight cars. Car that lack power to add power is easy, but but to make heavy car lighter is extremely difficult thing to do.

This car's selling point is "Lightweight", so put (HKS) parts into this car, it'll be perfect car.

HKS Coilovers - Changed the spring rate to F8/R6 to F7/R5

*F8/R6 felt great

*F7/R5 had extra roll, but other than that it felt the same

*Go w F8/R6 or F7/R5 either one work fine

*Because this car name is "86", so I know someone gonna say F8/R6 is better... Yeah, I'm talking about "You"!

For car that lack power, time was good

*Overall balance was great

*Lightweight is a weapon

*Back straight was slow (Top speed 153km/h)

*It lacked top speed, but rest of the areas was high/fast.

*Overall balance was great, so go into corner was a fun

*straight line was very lacking

Bugs - Not 100% sure yet, but...

*Turned off VSC & TCS and test ran it, but it didn't turn it off at all, & it's getting in my way driving.

*I don't like electrical devices, so had to take off the fuse & it fully turn off those systems.

*When that happens, not only VSC & TCS turns off, but also ABS turns off, so braking become a bit nervus.

*They should only cut VSC & TCS only, instead of all 3 electrical devices.

*They should look into more to fix this bug

ABS necessary?

*I don't need it, but for other people, they should have it

*For drifting ABS isn't necessary at all. Don't need VSC, TCS or ABS

Current mods on this car is

*Coilovers

*Tires

*Brakes

*Exhaust

*Spoiler & Canard

*Bucket seats

Future HKS mods for GT86

*Keep the engine & make a parts that everyone can tune

*NOB: No, don't need everyone to make sameone. I want you to make hellova engine

*HKS: Gonna make engine that everyone can do and it'll be aggressive engine.

*NOB: I want 600hp from this car

*HKS: ...600hp? I'll keep that in mind

HKS FT-86 Fast lap around Tsukuba. 1:07.44 Not bad at all IMO.
Curtesy of FT86club.com

NOB feedback driving GT86

*It was fun to driver than I've expected

*It lack power... Because it's light weight so it's cornering is good, traction is good, braking is good... but it lack acceleration.

*It makes me want to go one more lap, one more lap into the track.

*If there isn't any car to compete against it'll be fun car to drive.

*If there's some car you compete against, it lack acceleration, so maybe get taken over in straight line.

*This car is a great car... but after driving for a while, you might get bored of this car.

*If you think of this car is base of tuning car, is totally okay.

Reason is, recent car is only heavy weight cars. Car that lack power to add power is easy, but but to make heavy car lighter is extremely difficult thing to do.

This car's selling point is "Lightweight", so put (HKS) parts into this car, it'll be perfect car.

HKS Coilovers - Changed the spring rate to F8/R6 to F7/R5

*F8/R6 felt great

*F7/R5 had extra roll, but other than that it felt the same

*Go w F8/R6 or F7/R5 either one work fine

*Because this car name is "86", so I know someone gonna say F8/R6 is better... Yeah, I'm talking about "You"!

For car that lack power, time was good

*Overall balance was great

*Lightweight is a weapon

*Back straight was slow (Top speed 153km/h)

*It lacked top speed, but rest of the areas was high/fast.

*Overall balance was great, so go into corner was a fun

*straight line was very lacking

Bugs - Not 100% sure yet, but...

*Turned off VSC & TCS and test ran it, but it didn't turn it off at all, & it's getting in my way driving.

*I don't like electrical devices, so had to take off the fuse & it fully turn off those systems.

*When that happens, not only VSC & TCS turns off, but also ABS turns off, so braking become a bit nervus.

*They should only cut VSC & TCS only, instead of all 3 electrical devices.

*They should look into more to fix this bug

ABS necessary?

*I don't need it, but for other people, they should have it

*For drifting ABS isn't necessary at all. Don't need VSC, TCS or ABS

Current mods on this car is

*Coilovers

*Tires

*Brakes

*Exhaust

*Spoiler & Canard

*Bucket seats

Future HKS mods for GT86

*Keep the engine & make a parts that everyone can tune

*NOB: No, don't need everyone to make sameone. I want you to make hellova engine

*HKS: Gonna make engine that everyone can do and it'll be aggressive engine.

*NOB: I want 600hp from this car

*HKS: ...600hp? I'll keep that in mind

Originally Posted by PRIME

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It really doesn't. Look at how low the front fascia is, it severly slopes down in comparison. Look at the roof line, the Mitsubishi has a very sedan like shape, the front rises up faster and then quickly goes down unlike the Toyota that has more Tiburon-esque smooth roofline. I really can't mistake the two even if it is a quick 2-second glance.

Originally Posted by PRIME

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It really doesn't. Look at how low the front fascia is, it severly slopes down in comparison. Look at the roof line, the Mitsubishi has a very sedan like shape, the front rises up faster and then quickly goes down unlike the Toyota that has more Tiburon-esque smooth roofline. I really can't mistake the two even if it is a quick 2-second glance.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

For sure the Supra is a classic design, RX-7, I guess in the eyes of tuners its a classic. Not as iconic as the Supra IMO, but those 2 cars obviously look dated.

Going to have to disagree. Every time I see one on the road, it still looks pretty damn good and doesn't look dated at all. Just need to have afresh paint on it and newer wheels and things looks like it was built yesterday. 

Bruh. You my dude...

But lets be serious.

I love Supra's, but youre telling me this doesnt look dated?

c430548a.jpg

We're talking about stock right?

For sure the Supra is a classic design, RX-7, I guess in the eyes of tuners its a classic. Not as iconic as the Supra IMO, but those 2 cars obviously look dated.

Going to have to disagree. Every time I see one on the road, it still looks pretty damn good and doesn't look dated at all. Just need to have afresh paint on it and newer wheels and things looks like it was built yesterday. 

Bruh. You my dude...

But lets be serious.

c430548a.jpg

Bruh. You my dude...

But lets be serious.

c430548a.jpg

Yah man, obviously it has to have new paint like it was just bought yesterday, clean up those headlights with one of those haze removers, update those hubcap looking wheels and remove the huge spoiler and that thing will look very nice and up to date. I mean look at those headlights, they already look like the projector headlights that are so common these days. Ok I admit, saying it looking like it was made last year might be an overstatement but it certainly doesn't look a year older than 2009-2010. I mean this looks so much better than the Tiburon and that thing doesn't look too dated at all. I'm also astonished at how the rear doesn't even seem like it'll age anytime soon.
DlH5F.jpg

TARoA.jpg

v6NGe.jpg

Heck I would even boldly say that the first gen Genesis Coupe looks like it's made from the same year.
QBY7l.jpg

Bruh. You my dude...

But lets be serious.

c430548a.jpg

Yah man, obviously it has to have new paint like it was just bought yesterday, clean up those headlights with one of those haze removers, update those hubcap looking wheels and remove the huge spoiler and that thing will look very nice and up to date. I mean look at those headlights, they already look like the projector headlights that are so common these days. Ok I admit, saying it looking like it was made last year might be an overstatement but it certainly doesn't look a year older than 2009-2010. I mean this looks so much better than the Tiburon and that thing doesn't look too dated at all. I'm also astonished at how the rear doesn't even seem like it'll age anytime soon.
DlH5F.jpg

TARoA.jpg

v6NGe.jpg

Heck I would even boldly say that the first gen Genesis Coupe looks like it's made from the same year.
QBY7l.jpg

Bruh. You my dude...

But lets be serious.

c430548a.jpg

It hardly looks dated considering its design came out almost 20 years ago, that terrible photo does it no favors either.
All this really has is a lip and some CCWs
385163971.jpg

With some TE's

387809376.jpg

and the back

4807572217_921bc866ce_b.jpg

Keep in mind this is what was on the road in 1993 for comparison

1993_bmw_m5-pic-9142.jpeg

1993-mustang-cobra-front-three-quarters.jpg

Bruh. You my dude...

But lets be serious.

c430548a.jpg

It hardly looks dated considering its design came out almost 20 years ago, that terrible photo does it no favors either.
All this really has is a lip and some CCWs
385163971.jpg

With some TE's

387809376.jpg

and the back

4807572217_921bc866ce_b.jpg

Keep in mind this is what was on the road in 1993 for comparison

1993_bmw_m5-pic-9142.jpeg

1993-mustang-cobra-front-three-quarters.jpg

Back
Top Bottom