2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by PRIME

laugh.gif
They're just both red. The front fascia, the headlight, tailights silhouette, side view mirrors, etc... are nothing alike.
Whaaaaat. Son, it looks like the 2012 FTO I swear man
laugh.gif

I saw it and said "Damn, I know I've driven this joint on Gran Turismo before" 

I swear it looks like an updated body style of it. Every curve in its body style is the same as the FTO

It really doesn't. Look at how low the front fascia is, it severly slopes down in comparison. Look at the roof line, the Mitsubishi has a very sedan like shape, the front rises up faster and then quickly goes down unlike the Toyota that has more Tiburon-esque smooth roofline. I really can't mistake the two even if it is a quick 2-second glance.
Everything you're saying still sounds like it goes with me saying
I swear it looks like an updated body style of it 

The cars favor each other. All I'm saying is, the body style of this new Toyota is reminiscent of the FTO. I can photoshop the headlights of the newer car on the FTO and they would favor each other even more. The technical aspects of the two vehicles have nothing to do with my statement. 
This car favors the FTO just as the Nissan 370Z favors a Porsche. They aren't identical, but you get that same vice from the body style and shape of the car. 

If you took everything you just said, and did it to the FTO, these two cars would be almost identical.  Drop the front and update the roof line on the mitsubishi and update its body + bells & whistles and you have a 2012 FTO that looks identical to its competitors upcoming coupe. 

laugh.gif
They're just both red. The front fascia, the headlight, tailights silhouette, side view mirrors, etc... are nothing alike.
laugh.gif

I swear it looks like an updated body style of it. Every curve in its body style is the same as the FTO

It really doesn't. Look at how low the front fascia is, it severly slopes down in comparison. Look at the roof line, the Mitsubishi has a very sedan like shape, the front rises up faster and then quickly goes down unlike the Toyota that has more Tiburon-esque smooth roofline. I really can't mistake the two even if it is a quick 2-second glance.

The cars favor each other. All I'm saying is, the body style of this new Toyota is reminiscent of the FTO. I can photoshop the headlights of the newer car on the FTO and they would favor each other even more. The technical aspects of the two vehicles have nothing to do with my statement. 
This car favors the FTO just as the Nissan 370Z favors a Porsche. They aren't identical, but you get that same vice from the body style and shape of the car. 

If you took everything you just said, and did it to the FTO, these two cars would be almost identical.  Drop the front and update the roof line on the mitsubishi and update its body + bells & whistles and you have a 2012 FTO that looks identical to its competitors upcoming coupe. 

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

If that is your logic, then you can make anything look like one another. Take out the lights and tailight and front and shape off the Cayman and put it on a Tiburon and it'll be an updated version of it. It's those small details and shape that makes the whole difference.

Here's a side profile pic, you can tell the two apart. See how the Toyobaru almost has a hatchback? The FTO has a clear trunk and the back is very Accord-like, has more edges while the Toyobaru is softer in the back. Then the roofline, you can tell the FTO is like a chopped sedan in shape. The rear door pillars doesn't flow from the front to the back like the Toyotbaru. Front on the FTO is pointy while the Toyobaru is taller with a plow like fascia. Those are the big differences that separates the two. The Toyobaru also has high arching fenders in front and back that gives it some width.
God5U.jpg

In the end, if you ignore the differences, then almost all the Japanese sport coupes from teh 90's to mid-2000s will be just an updated FTO.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

If that is your logic, then you can make anything look like one another. Take out the lights and tailight and front and shape off the Cayman and put it on a Tiburon and it'll be an updated version of it. It's those small details and shape that makes the whole difference.

Here's a side profile pic, you can tell the two apart. See how the Toyobaru almost has a hatchback? The FTO has a clear trunk and the back is very Accord-like, has more edges while the Toyobaru is softer in the back. Then the roofline, you can tell the FTO is like a chopped sedan in shape. The rear door pillars doesn't flow from the front to the back like the Toyotbaru. Front on the FTO is pointy while the Toyobaru is taller with a plow like fascia. Those are the big differences that separates the two. The Toyobaru also has high arching fenders in front and back that gives it some width.
God5U.jpg

In the end, if you ignore the differences, then almost all the Japanese sport coupes from teh 90's to mid-2000s will be just an updated FTO.

I think the Supra being rounded as opposed to boxed is what you guys are trying to say? A lot of cars nowadays are rounded or "edged" so thats where you guys are coming from. I still think the front and side profile looks dated. The back I could see a little modern day in it. But basically its like the GTR and R34. The R34 still looks dated even with basic 4 round tail lights that is shared with the GTR.

Idk maybe its just me, this is all opinion anyways.

I think the Supra being rounded as opposed to boxed is what you guys are trying to say? A lot of cars nowadays are rounded or "edged" so thats where you guys are coming from. I still think the front and side profile looks dated. The back I could see a little modern day in it. But basically its like the GTR and R34. The R34 still looks dated even with basic 4 round tail lights that is shared with the GTR.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

I think what may make it look dated is that it has pretty simple lines. If you look at cars today, it has plenty of lines, details or curves. If you look at the Supra, the side and hood is almost flat without any extra curves or lines. It's not detail oriented, which in the long run helps make it less dated. If you look at car sketches before it is produced, lines everywhere and trying to flow into cohesion. I'd imagine the drawings of the Supra doesn't have much of that going on.

I think what may make it look dated is that it has pretty simple lines. If you look at cars today, it has plenty of lines, details or curves. If you look at the Supra, the side and hood is almost flat without any extra curves or lines. It's not detail oriented, which in the long run helps make it less dated. If you look at car sketches before it is produced, lines everywhere and trying to flow into cohesion. I'd imagine the drawings of the Supra doesn't have much of that going on.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Show me a futuristic car that cost less than $30,000

What does this have to do with any of the discussions on this page?
laugh.gif

You said it looked like an early 2000 car and that it doesn't look like a 2012 model, as if there was a better alternative for the price range. Show me a better alternative.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Show me a futuristic car that cost less than $30,000

What does this have to do with any of the discussions on this page?
laugh.gif

You said it looked like an early 2000 car and that it doesn't look like a 2012 model, as if there was a better alternative for the price range. Show me a better alternative.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Supra and 300ZX are timeless cars; they could be released today and fit in

The taillights on the 300ZX looks really old and usually when the headlights or taillights look old, the whole car does too. That's why the Supra doesn't look dated, the headlight that looks like projectors and the taillights still looks good today, like something you'll see on a more expensive car too. Still an awesome car though, if they can release a more updated look w/o making too ricey, the car might not look like an 80's car.

The taillights on the 300ZX looks really old and usually when the headlights or taillights look old, the whole car does too. That's why the Supra doesn't look dated, the headlight that looks like projectors and the taillights still looks good today, like something you'll see on a more expensive car too. Still an awesome car though, if they can release a more updated look w/o making too ricey, the car might not look like an 80's car.

No way the R34 looks dated. Easily beats out the design of most sports cars today. Looks better than the R35 imo. Just put LED's in the R34.

No way the R34 looks dated. Easily beats out the design of most sports cars today. Looks better than the R35 imo. Just put LED's in the R34.

if you upgrade to the 99/00 front bumper, tails, and projector headlines it looks current
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3344038/1996-nissan-300zx 

Back
Top Bottom