13th of October 2011, 20:25 UTC · Andrei Tutu
andrei-tutu-17.png
[h1]Spyshots: Toyota FT-86 Race Car [/h1]
SHARE:
tweetn.png

text_size.png
text_minus_sel.png
text_plus.png

[table][tr][td]We still haven't gotten to see the Toyota FT-86 without camo or outside its concept form, but the vehicle will follow the pathway created by the Lexus LFA, meaning that we'll get too see its camouflaged racing version make its motorsport debut this Saturday in Germany.

The prototype, which is being developed by Gazoo Racing, will compete in the German VLN series on the Nurburgring.The vehicle comes with extensive aerodynamic modifications, including a massive rear wing, a reworked front fascia, a new hood, as well as a revised rear bumper.

We can't see the interior details, but considering that this is a motorsport application, we have to get specific equipment, such as bucket seats.

It is unclear yet if this vehicle will only be offered for the track or whether it will ever make it to the US.

Our say: the Supra would be proud.
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
More images in the gallery below.

FILED UNDER:
Toyota

Nurburgring

racing

motorsport

Gazoo Racing

Toyota FT-86

[h2]Toyota FT-86 Race Car spyshots - Photo Gallery: [/h2][table][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]

The FT-86 placed in third place. Behind a Civic Type R and a S2000.
mad.gif
laugh.gif

TMS is early December.

From the UK Toyota website (not sure if it is new or outdated info):

top-landing.jpg

[h1]FT-86 II CONCEPT[/h1]

[h1]FT-86 II Concept[/h1]
Let us introduce a new generation of sports car. A front engine, rear wheel drive concept that combines a lightweight coupe body with a 200bhp flat-four boxer engine.

Designed to give form to the intrinsic joy of driving, the FT-86 II Concept has quickly been dubbed ‘Functional Beauty’ by its development team in Europe.

[h2]Keep up to date[/h2]
On sale in 2012, make sure you hear the latest FT-86 II Concept news first!

[h2]Sporting Heritage[/h2]
The FT-86 II perfectly recaptures the exhilarating spirit of the Toyota Corolla Levin AE 86 – the must-have rallying and circuit choice in the 1980s.

Paying homage to Toyota’s illustrious sports car history, a low bonnet, high wings and rear-set cabin dominate the aerodynamic bodywork. A lightweight engine and low centre of gravity ensures optimum power-to-weight ratio, while the driving positions and powertrain have been set as low and as far back as possible to deliver dynamic performance while maintaining maximum driving pleasure.
[h2]Key Highlights:[/h2]
  • Light, compact and agile design
  • Front-engine, rear wheel drive
  • Lightweight, 200bhp flat-four boxer engine
    eek.gif
    grin.gif
    ohwell.gif
  • Sporting heritage
  • Driver-oriented
  • 6-speed manual transmission

[h2]Gallery[/h2]
See the FT-86 II Concept in action. Watch videos and view photos of the exhilarating new sports concept car.
Click here to view the gallery.

Read our Blog

Follow us on fecebook

See us on flickr

Follow us on twitter

View our YouTube videos

The FT-86 placed in third place. Behind a Civic Type R and a S2000.
mad.gif
laugh.gif

TMS is early December.

From the UK Toyota website (not sure if it is new or outdated info):

top-landing.jpg

[h1]FT-86 II CONCEPT[/h1]

[h1]FT-86 II Concept[/h1]
Let us introduce a new generation of sports car. A front engine, rear wheel drive concept that combines a lightweight coupe body with a 200bhp flat-four boxer engine.

Designed to give form to the intrinsic joy of driving, the FT-86 II Concept has quickly been dubbed ‘Functional Beauty’ by its development team in Europe.

[h2]Keep up to date[/h2]
On sale in 2012, make sure you hear the latest FT-86 II Concept news first!

[h2]Sporting Heritage[/h2]
The FT-86 II perfectly recaptures the exhilarating spirit of the Toyota Corolla Levin AE 86 – the must-have rallying and circuit choice in the 1980s.

Paying homage to Toyota’s illustrious sports car history, a low bonnet, high wings and rear-set cabin dominate the aerodynamic bodywork. A lightweight engine and low centre of gravity ensures optimum power-to-weight ratio, while the driving positions and powertrain have been set as low and as far back as possible to deliver dynamic performance while maintaining maximum driving pleasure.
[h2]Key Highlights:[/h2]
  • Light, compact and agile design
  • Front-engine, rear wheel drive
  • Lightweight, 200bhp flat-four boxer engine
    eek.gif
    grin.gif
    ohwell.gif
  • Sporting heritage
  • Driver-oriented
  • 6-speed manual transmission

[h2]Gallery[/h2]
See the FT-86 II Concept in action. Watch videos and view photos of the exhilarating new sports concept car.
Click here to view the gallery.

Read our Blog

Follow us on fecebook

See us on flickr

Follow us on twitter

View our YouTube videos

Jeez. That's Civic Si territory. I owned a Civic Si and I don't care how well it handled, it was dog slow. Better be a big aftermarket for this...

Jeez. That's Civic Si territory. I owned a Civic Si and I don't care how well it handled, it was dog slow. Better be a big aftermarket for this...

Aww damn, I was hoping it would have 300+ hp. Is Subaru still coming out with there own version? If not the. I guess Im copping a g37 or a 3 series.

Aww damn, I was hoping it would have 300+ hp. Is Subaru still coming out with there own version? If not the. I guess Im copping a g37 or a 3 series.

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Yeah, Subaru is still coming out with their own version but don't expect it to be any different engine-wise. Maybe a few tweaks here and there but it won't make 100 more hp. Toyota/Subaru will probably have another trim with more power though, I wouldn't guess 300hp but maybe around 250hp-260hp the most. This is just a guess though so take it with a grain of salt.

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Yeah, Subaru is still coming out with their own version but don't expect it to be any different engine-wise. Maybe a few tweaks here and there but it won't make 100 more hp. Toyota/Subaru will probably have another trim with more power though, I wouldn't guess 300hp but maybe around 250hp-260hp the most. This is just a guess though so take it with a grain of salt.

Might as well do a LSx swap with a Miata or RX-7. Cheaper.
laugh.gif

The FT-86 wasn't developed for the NT crowd. The Mustang is a much better bang for the buck in regards to going straight very quickly.

Might as well do a LSx swap with a Miata or RX-7. Cheaper.
laugh.gif

The FT-86 wasn't developed for the NT crowd. The Mustang is a much better bang for the buck in regards to going straight very quickly.

200hp just isnt enough.

If they expect anyone to take this car seriously a 6 cylinder needs to made an option.

200hp just isnt enough.

If they expect anyone to take this car seriously a 6 cylinder needs to made an option.

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

200hp just isnt enough.

I honestly do not think it needs more than 200hp, it'll be nice, but 200hp is a good base starting point especially since they plan on selling it for around $20k-$25k. It's not meant to compete with the 330hp 370Z that starts at $32k. 200hp is more than enough for a light, rwd coupe at that price point. I am not sure why everyone wants amazingly big numbers, would you guys really pay $35k for a Scion with 300hp-350hp? 

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

200hp just isnt enough.

I honestly do not think it needs more than 200hp, it'll be nice, but 200hp is a good base starting point especially since they plan on selling it for around $20k-$25k. It's not meant to compete with the 330hp 370Z that starts at $32k. 200hp is more than enough for a light, rwd coupe at that price point. I am not sure why everyone wants amazingly big numbers, would you guys really pay $35k for a Scion with 300hp-350hp? 

Back
Top Bottom