*~*~2012 XXL Freshman List (Initial List Out)*~*~

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by cartune

Whats the success rate of these $@!%*%?

Its worse than American Idol winners aint it?
actually its remarkably good....

i think this is so far the most successful list
freshmen-2008-cover.jpg

roll.gif
Papoose

That is a very successful list taken as a whole. Lupe is obviously the most successful, followed by Plies.

Here is my list that i think should make it:
Alley Boy
Chevy Woods
Chip tha Ripper
Chris Webby
French Montana
Machine Gun Kelly
Neako
Playboy Tre
Sam Adams
ScHoolboy Q
Stalley
The Kid Daytona
Jackie Chain

-Tyler

Originally Posted by JD161616

Here it is, folks:
22m0dk.jpg

Who is Macklemore?!
nerd.gif
Roscoe Dash is ill but he been out for 2/3 years people
indifferent.gif

Iggy is beautiful & can spit, but is she really deserving of Freshman to lookout for?

Waaaaait! Idk if A$AP Rocky turned it down or something but iggy, hopsin, and macklemore over him? Okay

so we're just gonna pretend that french doesn't have yogi on his head, tho...?

FRENCH is so obnoxious, lmfaooooooooooooooooo
props to HOPSiN for making the best out of his bad situation.

Don Trip is gravy

I hate that dude Casey Veggies music but how he ain't make it? 
laugh.gif

Kid Ink, MGK,Danny Brown & Future def deserved it.

ThunderChunk69 wrote:

What's his situation...The only thing I know of this dude is that Odd Future diss he dropped a while back, I thought he was just some random youtube artist.
A$AP had no reason to appear on the cover so I'm glad he turned them down.  Schoolboy Q, Bronson and Earl would have been better looks on the cover instead of some of those cats.

No V-Nasty too SMH.  She's the shoota!

XV don't get no love from xxl lol, him or dom for macklemore would have been legit

i'm glad mgk, future, danny brown, and kid ink made it

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

ThunderChunk69 wrote:

What's his situation...The only thing I know of this dude is that Odd Future diss he dropped a while back, I thought he was just some random youtube artist.
A$AP had no reason to appear on the cover so I'm glad he turned them down.  Schoolboy Q, Bronson and Earl would have been better looks on the cover instead of some of those cats.

No V-Nasty too SMH.  She's the shoota!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hopsin 
[h2]
[h2]Struggle with Ruthless Records[/h2]
Hopsin left Ruthless Records, owned by Eazy-E's widow, Tomica Wright, after lack of support and financial compensation. Hopsin expressed anger, saying Wright didn't know what she was doing, didn't take advice and had terrible marketing schemes. Hopsin talked about his first album Gazing at the Moonlight stating it was released without his consent and that he wasn't even able to listen to the mastered version of his album before release. [sup][7][/sup] Hopsin finally left the label as Tomica said "He doesn't do his job as an artist". [sup][8][/sup]

Hopsin later started a partnership with Dame Ritter and founded the independent label Funk Volume. SwizZz, who is Ritter's brother, was the first artist to be signed to Funk Volume. Released projects on Funk Volume include Hopsin's critically acclaimed sophomore album RAW, as well as mixtapes Haywire and Haywire II. In November 2011 Hopsin signed artists Dizzy Wright and DJ Hoppa.
[/h2]

Rascoe dash??? really?? dude has been out a while.
So has Danny Brown.  And danny brown is older.

Didn't know macklemore was an actual artist.  I know he did that song about shoes/jordans...but i thought that was just a gimmick.

Hopsin was in a tech9 song i believe.

MGK, French and Future are more or so who i thought would make the list.

Ive never heard don trip or kid ink and i think iggy is super over-rated that girl makes terrible music

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I knew they'd have Iggy on there. Another terrible white girl trend rapper. At least she is
a hell of a lot easier on the eyes than those Kreayshawn & V-Nasty scrubs. Whoever said V-Nasty should be
on the cover, smack yourself.

French is my dude, and he's super on right now, but I been listening to him since, 2006, dude ain't a freshman
laugh.gif

Roscoe's not a freshman, and he's garbage, but he has made some bangers.

Can definitely see Future, MGK, and Danny Brown on there. Not mad at Hopsin, some of his tracks are pretty dope.
Never listened to Kid Ink, and I have no idea who Macklemore.

Macklemore?!
eek.gif

He been big in the local Seattle hip-hop scene FOREVER. Dude been making music since like 2001, the hell he doing on this cover?
laugh.gif
I ain't eem mad tho...

I don't even know who the hell Macklemore is. I looked up him and found that he has a discography that dates back to 2000.

No Dom, no Schoolboy, no XV, no Casey Veggies, no Rocky, no Stalley.
But we get lames such as Don Trip and Kid Ink?
The only two who really really should be there are MGK and Danny Brown, and i don't even listen to them.
Macklemore is a pleasant surprise.
XXL just made MTV-esque talk word to the Hottest MC's list.

Originally Posted by purplenurple1414

XXL just made MTV-esque talk word to the Hottest MC's list.
Have you read any XXL album/mixtape reviews in awhile? You would think the writers over there are no more than 15 years old
with the awful ratings they hand out.

Back
Top Bottom