2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

wow.
can be a good thing tho.
last two times Vols games vs highly ranked teams (LSU & UF) that were post-poned due to natural disasters ended up in Ws
Latest storm tracker has Isaac crossing the Louisiana-Arkansas border at 1 PM on Thursday. But after Katrina, it's better that the state focus its resources on getting people out of the New Orleans area.

TAMU's beat writer said last week that his ESPN sources were saying Game Day would be in College Station for the Florida game barring a loss to LA Tech. Hopefully that's still the case.

Sources saying Bennett likely to stay at Oregon.

Chip's best recruiting job this year if it's true. Excluding the 2010 season, a QB other than the starter has taken snaps almost 40% of the time since Chip has been at Oregon, as OC and HC. A QB has been hurt every year since he got there (cursed? naw...)

Bennett will see the field IMO.

Sources saying Bennett likely to stay at Oregon.
Chip's best recruiting job this year if it's true. Excluding the 2010 season, a QB other than the starter has taken snaps almost 40% of the time since Chip has been at Oregon, as OC and HC. A QB has been hurt every year since he got there (cursed? naw...)
Bennett will see the field IMO.

i kept reading bout mixed reports. hoping this is true.

I'm getting a feeling that Toussaint and probably Frank Clark will play on Saturday. Maybe not much but if Fitz plays then I think Clark gets on the field as well.

Matt Barkley billboard disappears
Updated: August 28, 2012, 8:46 PM ET
By Pedro Moura | ESPNLosAngeles.com

LOS ANGELES -- A billboard showcasing USC quarterback Matt Barkley in UCLA territory has been taken down and nobody is taking responsibility for it.

The billboard, located a couple blocks south of the UCLA campus at the intersection of Westwood Boulevard and Lindbrook Drive in Westwood Village, had featured a picture of Barkley looking to the sky, taken the day he announced he was returning for his senior season last December.

The school's 2012 slogan -- "We play to finish" -- was in all caps to the left of Barkley's head, with a URL to purchase tickets placed below.

USC says it had nothing to do with it.

"USC was not involved in the decision to take any billboard down," USC spokesperson Tim Tessalone told ESPNLosAngeles.com. "We do not agree with the decision, nor were we involved in the decision to take it down."

UCLA spokesperson Nick Ammazzalorso told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Peter Yoon via text message that the school had no involvement, either, though UCLA fans had complained about the billboard on Internet message boards.

The billboard, owned by Regency Outdoor Advertising, went up last week, but it began to attract attention after the Los Angeles Times first reported on it Monday night.

A representative for Regency, who declined to be identified, refused to confirm or deny that the billboard was taken down earlier than planned. But shelf lives for such prominent advertisements are very rarely just a week, and none of the other 29 similar billboards in the area that USC purchased have been taken down or blacked out.

Asked by a reporter in a phone interview Tuesday why it was taken down, the Regency representative said it was none of the reporter's business, became irate and hung up the phone.

Regency is co-owned by two brothers, Brian and Drake Kennedy, who both attended USC. Brian Kennedy is a prominent Trojan booster; the school's smaller practice field on campus built in the late 1990's is named after him.

The company has been reported to be worth hundreds of millions of dollars, with prominent billboard spots in locations like Westwood Village and the Sunset Strip.

Barkley, considered a Heisman Trophy frontrunner, said Tuesday he was made aware of the billboard after it went up, when someone sent an image of it to him. He said he didn't have an opinion on it, adding that USC's marketing staffers were "doing their job."

Informed that it had been taken down, Barkley shrugged.

"I know they're up all over Southern California," he said. "My job is on the field, so whatever happens with that happens."

UCLA fans on online message boards congregated when the Times story was released and complained about the ad being near the school's campus, appearing to jokingly plan on a blue-paintball assault on the billboard to reclaim their territory.

"I wish some one (sic) would take the time to deface it," one fan wrote. "Just saying."

None of USC's other 29 billboards have been taken down, Tessalone said. USC's multi-platform ad campaign will continue on bus wraps and other available ad slots in Southern California and will stretch nationwide this weekend.

A similar advertisement in New York City's Times Square is set to go up on Saturday.

The top-ranked Trojans will open their season Saturday at home against Hawaii.

Pedro Moura covers USC athletics for ESPNLosAngeles.com.

I hope it wasn't UCLA that asked for the board to come down, as much as I hate USC. This is the stuff that makes rivalries and I'd rather see us get even instead of whining.

I'm getting a feeling that Toussaint and probably Frank Clark will play on Saturday. Maybe not much but if Fitz plays then I think Clark gets on the field as well.
Of course. But that won't stop idiots from going on and on about the honor of a "Michigan Man." 

grin.gif

Ah yes another season. Hopefully the Dawgs take advantage of the easy schedule but I doubt it.

Gunna whenever you get a chance if you could hook me up. Just Bam87 tag and design it however you want.

7:08-7:12 preferably. Thanks!

@A_Jude: Bryan Bennett now telling Oregon people he is staying "for sure," The Oregonian has learned.

Good news. :pimp:

I'm surprised USC allowed them to put FSU flags up on our campus.

Look through the majority of College Gameday commercials and play "name that building"... :wink:

I really hope that this is the year College Gameday is shot on campus as opposed to the Coliseum. Majority of the crowd is on-campus pregame.

McCarthy Quad or Trousdale (Near Tommy T).

Last edited:
Doing some reading on the QB situation at UO - and it seems like the job is Marcus Mariota's for the long haul. Coaches are raving about him.

Weird to read all the different reports about Bennett, one report said he was saying bye to people in the parking lot after practice and four hours later he is staying for sure.

Last edited:
Look through the majority of College Gameday commercials and play "name that building"... :wink:
I really hope that this is the year College Gameday is shot on campus as opposed to the Coliseum. Majority of the crowd is on-campus pregame.
McCarthy Quad or Trousdale (Near Tommy T).

Where do you pregame?? Best friend's grandparents are HUGE donors, has 8 seats to every game so I'm up there for almost every home game...

Are you an SC alum btw? Have some great stories, my ex is a USC girl haha.

Back
Top Bottom