2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Frankly, I think we're going to have to get used to this tension between the schools when it comes to recruiting. Mora's time to flee the coop was this summer when he had opportunities at his alma mater and the most powerful football school in the country and he said no. He loves the connections he's making with recruiting and genuinely enjoys developing his players into potential NFL draftees. And now that UCLA is backing the football program with financial support and working the boosters to finance a new football facility (not to mention lowering academic standards for recruits, which he negotiated after Washington tried to hire him) Mora has what he said he needed when we went on a podcast last year, which is serious commitment from the higher ups to making things work.

USC will always get it's share of five *s, but now it has legit competition 12 miles west of it.

true, I get a feeling that this year is especially crucial for both schools with Sark coming in at 'SC and Mora establishing himself at UCLA. It's a "set the tone" type of offseason as well as upcoming season for what is to come.

Mora's gone the second a good NFL job comes calling. He's still kinda on the nfl **** list for openly talking about how he'd leave for the U of Washington job (and also because they don't think he can coach) so that may be a while though.

I'm glad to see UCLA competitive though. I still think it's largely the product of Hundley being a beast and things will cool when he's gone but I want the rivalry to be legitimate.

Crazy situation...

FORT WORTH, Texas -- TCU defensive end Devonte Fields has declined to press charges after telling Fort Worth police that he was attacked at his home, was robbed and had his life threatened at gunpoint early Tuesday.

Link

Easy to put 2+2 together to figure out why he didn't want to press charges or have his home searched. :lol:

Fresh off his OV to Bama, 5* CB Marlon Humphrey is Tuscaloosa bound

Looks like JC Jackson will be taking his final OV to UGA this weekend. UM or UF on NSD

Mora's gone the second a good NFL job comes calling. He's still kinda on the nfl **** list for openly talking about how he'd leave for the U of Washington job (and also because they don't think he can coach) so that may be a while though.

I feel like the NFL is still in his mind, but I worry about it less than I did before. If he was that serious about going back he could have been interviewing for the positions empty this year, but he didn't.

USC worked hard to get Budda Baker to take an official visit with them, but he told them no. It's down to UCLA and Washington, and UCLA is running in front.

Crazy situation...

FORT WORTH, Texas -- TCU defensive end Devonte Fields has declined to press charges after telling Fort Worth police that he was attacked at his home, was robbed and had his life threatened at gunpoint early Tuesday.
Link

Easy to put 2+2 together to figure out why he didn't want to press charges or have his home searched.
laugh.gif
What'd they take? 
nerd.gif

FSU folks, anybody know how much of a certainty it is that Harrison will flip to FSU? I heard they're very confident about getting him and Nnadi :smh:

I believe I heard Harrison has a kid, if so I wouldn't blame him for staying closer to home + playing for the national champs. Disappointing though as he desperately need playmakers at WR.

FSU folks, anybody know how much of a certainty it is that Harrison will flip to FSU? I heard they're very confident about getting him and Nnadi :smh:

I believe I heard Harrison has a kid, if so I wouldn't blame him for staying closer to home + playing for the national champs. Disappointing though as he desperately need playmakers at WR.

Depends on #'s for Harrison

Bosco people are saying Josh Rosen took offense that USC offered Ricky Town and not him (even though Rosen was just lukewarm on SC) 
laugh.gif

Also he's apparently pissed that he has his heart set on Stanford and they're about the only school left that hasn't offered him a scholarship.

Last edited:
Crazy situation...

Link

Easy to put 2+2 together to figure out why he didn't want to press charges or have his home searched.
laugh.gif
yep.....prob knew he got him too

Apparently Scott Shafer pissed off the entire Southern contingent of the CFB Twitter universe by remarking on how Atlanta was soft for closing down the airports because of a few flurries.

Bosco people are saying Josh Rosen took offense that USC offered Ricky Town and not him (even though Rosen was just lukewarm on SC) 
laugh.gif
Josh has had a USC offer for a while now.
I know. Assumed they meant he wasn't pursued as hard as Town but it's why I included the laughing face.  I realize I wasnt clear.  Rumor doesn't really make sense.  Sounds like USC fans are just getting antsy leading up to to NSD.

Another gem floating on SC boards: Max Browne is mad about Town and wants to transfer to UW. Trolls 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
that one is def a troll we use the same board I saw that too :lol:

another dude made a topic "anybody heard leonard williams is transfering to sacramento st?" :lol:

Fresh off his OV to Bama, 5* CB Marlon Humphrey is Tuscaloosa bound

Looks like JC Jackson will be taking his final OV to UGA this weekend. UM or UF on NSD
No UGA visit. He's going suit shopping for NSD. Heard Golden already sent him his orange tie to wear. 
nerd.gif

Worton visiting Miami this weekend now. 

Back
Top Bottom