2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Shawn Burgess-Becker and Calvin Ridley committing Sunday 

UM bound? 
nerd.gif

#WelcometotheU
#ButWillTheyStick

*trollface.jpg*

3* DE Blake McCain has decommitted from FSU. Talk is that he was asked to take a greyshirt last weekend on his visit. Nebraska and USCe look to be the two options
3* WR/ATH Jojo Robinson will likely decommit sometime in the future as well, perhaps might be a signing day flip to Arkansas or USF
4* DL Dexter Wideman has long been suspected of flipping to USCe on NSD, so there's another one who may not be in the final class

DT Matt Elam to Kentucky, chose them over Bammer

Last edited:
Dre, is Featherston good? Nole fans saying he's visiting UM after y'all wanted him greyshirt. Does that mean y'all getting Carter? 
nerd.gif

Doubt SBB and Ridley go anywhere unless we completely stink next year, which is possible.

Last edited:
Dre, is Featherston good? Nole fans saying he's visiting UM after y'all wanted him greyshirt. Does that mean y'all getting Carter? :nerd:  

Doubt SBB and Ridley go anywhere unless we completely stink next year, which is possible.

I read that Jaquan Johnson is the key to the getting a bunch of their recruits and he loves Miami.

Hope Golden doesn't **** this one up.

Dre, is Featherston good? Nole fans saying he's visiting UM after y'all wanted him greyshirt. Does that mean y'all getting Carter? :nerd:  

Yes. He was injured this past season though.
We asked him to GS? Weird if so.
Dunno about Carter, he probably goes to UGA

So you're saying there's a chance?

Newberg or Nee said that Featherston was asked to GS too. I remember seeing him on the sideline at the UA game. Stupid wingspan. Who y'all making room for with then with these GS offers?

Getting SFLA kids to commit this early is so meaningless, but sounds like Jaquan Johnson will pop for the Canes soon too. 

Risking ddot ripping us for becoming the new Michigan, but since this is a kid everyone seems interested figured I'd share this here:

Twitter and forums are all saying Adoree's been telling people his final two schools are UF and USC.  Seems confusing since LSU always seemed to be the leader for him, but that's what circulating fast now.

Gunna you said he's not taking a trip to UF?

Same So Cal person who told me Matt Thomas to USC was going to happen is saying as of Tuesday night he was told from a reliable "source" Adoree was leaning towards SC but also told me no one can really put any stock into that yet because it feels like he's telling different people different things.  Shrug.  *fingers crossed*

Newberg or Nee said that Featherston was asked to GS too. I remember seeing him on the sideline at the UA game. Stupid wingspan. Who y'all making room for with then with these GS offers?

If the coaches did that, then that's pretty dumb. That kid definitely isn't gong to accept a GS. Not quite sure if I buy that one

Players from the group of: Lane, Dupre, McDowell, Carter, Thomas, Johnson, Nandi, Harrison, Lane & maybe someone who wants in @ the last minute

Last edited:
Think out of that group we land Lane, and possibly Nnandi....Think McDowell goes to Sparty....Thomas to UGA, and Harrison to Va Tech

If the coaches did that, then that's pretty dumb. That kid definitely isn't gong to accept a GS. Not quite sure if I buy that one

Players from the group of: Lane, Dupre, McDowell, Carter, Thomas, Johnson, Nandi, Harrison, Lane & maybe someone who wants in @ the last minute
I had it wrong. Miami is working on getting him in for a visit this weekend, but he's still committed to FSU. 

Getting SFLA kids to commit this early is so meaningless, but sounds like Jaquan Johnson will pop for the Canes soon too. 

For every Dalvin Cook there's a Sony Michel.

Has nothing to do with South FLorida. 17/18 yr old recruits are going to change their minds. Cali, Texas, Georgia, Alabama are kids flip too.

Apparently it's an ACC rule. Something about needing to be in school for like 3 semesters. Any Miami fans that can shed some clarity on the situation?

Apparently it's an ACC rule. Something about needing to be in school for like 3 semesters. Any Miami fans that can shed some clarity on the situation?

Yup. It's the same reason why Jason Pierre Paul couldn't enroll @FSU & why he ended up @ USF

I believe the three semester timeframe is a NCAA standard for non-qualifiers. That rule doesn't apply to kids that were full qualifiers out of high school.

In today's "College football recruiting is basically legal stalking" news:

Malachi Dupre, Kenny Young, and Davon Godchaux all flew out together from Louisiana today for their official visit to UCLA this weekend. Apparently Cam Cameron just happened to also have the same flight to LA (presumably under the guise of going to visit Adoree Jackson) and sat next to the three kids. Probably at least a minor violation, although I doubt anything actually comes of it.

^ It also said he had the same return flight and was staying at The W, the same hotel as them... Dre, any news on Malik McDowell???

Back
Top Bottom