2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

very complicated for the ncaa to determine whether this was out of genuine love for the person (floyd) or love for $$

I mean, let's be real.

Just one part of the problem is that NCAA student-athletes are not supposed to be given preferential treatment. We all know that's BS in reality but would these kids be getting adopted if they weren't athletes?

There could be families adopting these kids who are great, loving people but there also are plenty who hide behind a certain image and are incredibly dirty. It was a while ago but the situations with the Kevin Lahn & South Carolina revealed it was more than just a kind gesture type thing, money was going to kids whose parents were involved and were being directed to visits and camps at SCar, a couple signed with them and were suspended...maybe Byrd was one?

You could say, well...if Lahn was a Scar booster, why would he want Floyd at Florida? If he ends up benefitting from it either way, whether it's financially or just some need to have a connection to these athletes, he'll do whatever it takes. The kid is already on a full-ride which doesn't mean life is easy and he's got no worries but the need to adopt him at 20? Pshaw.

LMAO because a SEC team has been in and won the title

what fans do you think were at the stadium chanting it? the fans from the winning team
you see half the ******** that people post and hear half the silly **** people say to try and discredit the SEC LOL it SHOULD make people chant SEC.

You need to put more people on your ignore list, makes sifting through this thread a lot easier. No one is trying to discredit the SEC, like I said, what the've done is pure genius. The powers that be figured out the best way to get their teams to the BCS title game, on their way there they've lifted the conference to a pedestal few other conferences have reached (maybe the Big Ten at one point).

The SEC has talent in the trenches Like No other conference in america. I dare anyone to dispute that.

Bingo, the elite teams: Bama, LSU, Florida know the best way to butter their bread. Even the Cam led team wouldn't have won the title game if it wasn't for Fairly and Co. destroying the Ducks OL the entire game and forcing Darron Thomas to throw.

However, the benefactors of the SEC being dominant have been the mid-tier teams. That's why personally, rankings are a joke. I don't think Georgia, South Carolina and Texas A&M are special. They are very good teams, however they can lose to any team from any other conference. My gripe is that the sample size is very small, and it is only getting smaller. Look at Oregon, look at how they booked their schedule after KState backed out. They didn't try to find a decent BCS opponent, they took it as a "cop out" to schedule a D1AA opponent. There is no benefit to scheduling tough OOC.

Honestly, my one gripe with CFB as a whole is the notion that the best team is an undefeated team. Which is not true. I wish teams were forced to have "series" in order to get a better understanding of how good these teams are. Especially with a "playoff" around the corner. The Big Ten and Pac 12 were set to start a series starting in 2017, but once this new "playoff" format was announced, it was swiftly cancelled.

The notion, that an undefeated team is the best team is silly at best. Look at the NFL, great teams aren't expected to go undefeated, because teams lose... it just happens.

its yall dumb *** fault yall keep listening to ESPN tell u about SEC speed.

Watching CFB highlights on Mute, :smokin

the difference is the dominance that comes from multiple waves of front 4s and Offensive Lineman
the SEC could lose 4 straight Title games to MAC teams, and you still cant discredit what that conference has done over the last decade.
hell since the inception of the BCS.

I'm saying, they've worked the system. Can't blame them... genius by the higher ups.

Last edited:
all these "U"s but U cant win a Title...
whats really good
[h1]Tennessee QB Tyler Bray: 'I'm paid to win football games'[/h1]
...but all ya'll do is lose. Ya'll don't eem run the state, Knoxville U

Welcome to the Dawgpound AJ Turman. 
glasses.gif

Soo they erased our name, put their own school in, and put a penis next to it....

Yeah, they are definitely Trojans.

And we'll have an answer for it. Word to my avy.

that pic in your avy tho is a photoshop. UCLA has never got them back for when they threw red paint all over the bear a few years ago. and these clowns let it happen again:lol:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...nt-ucla-sign-as-part-of-usc-rivalry-week.html

Statues on each campus have been targeted several times in the decades-long rivalry. Tommy Trojan has been doused in both blue paint and manure, and the Bruin Bear was covered in cardinal and gold paint in 2009.

Anyway we got them two years ago back in '10, when Third Eye Blind was performing at their rally for the rivalry game and painted their track blue and doused paint all over bikes parked outside.

I don't think UT will be down for long, and their pending hire could swing a lot of recruits their way... *cough* Charlie Strong *cough*

Last edited:

You could make a video like that for damn near every game this year; he never gives any effort whatsoever unless the play is called for him. We have several guys on offense who either give **** efforts or just flat out suck and they never get held accountable for it; the coaches just blow sunshine up their *****.

Funny that he's not starting next game, and they claim he was benched on Sunday before that video came out >D What a coincidence that he's been doing it all year and they never thought it was worthy of benching him.

I don't wanna post something I shouldn't, so I'll put it in spoilers (language)...

Funny what the dorms at UCLA did though... :lol:

proxy.jpg

Trojans marching band to modify pregame ritual at UCLA's request

By Chris Huston | Blogger/Heisman Pundit
November 13, 2012 8:15 pm ET

2 | Comments

Before every USC football game that features a pregame performance by the Trojans marching band, the drum major for the band executes the following ritual shown in the first 15 seconds of this video:

Except the drum major won't be doing that this Saturday before No. 21 USC's showdown with No. 17 UCLA at the Rose Bowl. Why? Apparently, the UCLA athletic department has made a request to the band that the drum major not 'stab' its logo. The Trojans marching band released this statement on Tuesday:

In the spirit of cooperation and sportsmanship and at the request of the UCLA Athletic Department, the USC Trojan Marching Band drum major will not stab the field before the game Saturday.

It was decided by Trojan Marching Band Director Dr. Arthur C. Bartner after meeting with UCLA game management that it was in the best interest of both universities to suspend this tradition at this game.

“It is important to protect a great rivalry and to conduct it in the most mutually respectful way possible,” said Dr. Bartner.

The decision comes after a grass roots movement by some UCLA fans to protest the USC tradition after a Pac-12 promotional video from before last season showed the UCLA logo being stabbed by the drum major before a game. Trojans blogs and message boards have responded with disdain, making the run up to this year's rivalry more chippy than usual. From the blog Lost Angeles:

You are just a bunch of whining children who don't understand the concept that we aren't stabbing your logo, we stab the fifty yard line. At Notre Dame, there's no logo to stab. At home, we stab the field as well. Maybe question the fact you graffiti your field 200 gallons of baby blue paint. Maybe leave us some green to stab.

Rumors also abounded that the band would not be allowed to play its rendition of Fleetwood Mac's "Tusk" since USC fans chant a pejorative at UCLA during the chorus, but the Trojans marching band Twitter account squelched that late on Tuesday:

To dispel any rumors, we have not been asked to not play "Tusk!"

The band Twitter account also re-tweeted that if the band did perform its normal pregame ritual on Saturday, UCLA would likely not allow it back at the Rose Bowl in 2014.

UCLA has lost 12 of its last 13 meeting with USC and trails the overall series 44-28-7. The winner of Saturday's game will represent the Pac-12 South in the conference title game on Dec. 1.

TAMU freshman WR Thomas Johnson has gone missing according to one of the news stations in Bruan/College Station.

Texas A&M Football Player Missing
johnsonforweb.jpg

The Texas A&M University Police Department is currently seeking assistance in locating a missing Texas A&M student, Thomas Linze Johnson. Johnson is described as a black male, 18 years of age, 5’11,” 180 lbs., black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen leaving his residence in College Station on Nov. 12 at approximately 5 p.m., wearing a black jacket, black shorts and grey shoes. He was also in possession of a set of “Dr. Dre Beats” brand headphones.

Johnson has family and friends in the Dallas area and may have traveled to the area.

Anyone with information regarding the location of Mr. Johnson is asked to contact University Police immediately at 979-845-2345.

Below is a statement from Texas A&M Football Coach Kevin Sumlin:

“All of us are obviously very concerned about the safety and well-being of Thomas Johnson, who has been missing since Monday evening. Authorities are working closely with his family, friends and law enforcement agencies to help locate him. Thomas is a tremendous student-athlete, greatly admired by his fellow teammates and all of us on the coaching staff. If anyone has any current information about him or knows of his whereabouts, please contact his family or law enforcement authorities immediately. We pray for his quick and safe return.”
-_____________________________________________________________________

the last few cases Ive heard like this have ended up Horribly.

I hope he is ok.

Last edited:
Maroon85366 posts
The Texas A&M University Police Department is currently seeking assistance in locating a missing Texas A&M student, Thomas Linze Johnson. Johnson is described as a black male, 18 years of age, 5’11,” 180 lbs., black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen leaving his residence in College Station on Nov. 12 at approximately 5 p.m., wearing a black jacket, black shorts and grey shoes. He was also in possession of a set of “Dr. Dre Beats” brand headphones.
Johnson has family and friends in the Dallas area and may have traveled to the area.
Anyone with information regarding the location of Mr. Johnson is asked to contact University Police immediately at 979-845-2345.
Below is a statement from Texas A&M Football Coach Kevin Sumlin:
“All of us are obviously very concerned about the safety and well-being of Thomas Johnson, who has been missing since Monday evening. Authorities are working closely with his family, friends and law enforcement agencies to help locate him. Thomas is a tremendous student-athlete, greatly admired by his fellow teammates and all of us on the coaching staff. If anyone has any current information about him or knows of his whereabouts, please contact his family or law enforcement authorities immediately. We pray for his quick and safe return.”

Obviously hard to not have an extremely bad feeling about this...

Back
Top Bottom