2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Just heard the Manti Te'o x Kekua voice mail tape and all I have to say is, "that ain't no dude, man!"

Manti's trying to pull a fast one.

LOL using to anything Corben and/or Sileo have to say as basis for NCAA ruliong yeah, okay. You got any Uncle Luke audio too? :lol
by the way...

Miami, why so excited about Coley hire? were any of you impressed with FSU's QBs play or Offense?

Corben has always been on point. Sileo was just interviewing him. And Corben was giving facts not his personal opinion.

I'm content not excited. Cristobal vouches for him, good enough for me. Plus, Jimbo was the one calling the plays so it remains to be seen how much of their offensive success could be attributed to him, or lack thereof. Wasn't the QB coach so that aspect is a question mark. But in fairness to him, EJ Manuel was the QB...can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****. Beast of a recruiter, oh and the fact that we're taking the best assistant outside of Stoops on Jimbo's staff doesn't hurt either.

Besides...he's getting handed the keys to a Ferrari with the offense we have coming back. All he has to do is not crash it.

Ok he didnt call plays, but he was still the OC meaning he had heavy influence on game plan

What did he do or what does he do well? coach TEs.

Im serious. Ive heard Corch Coley hype for years now and I havent seen him or heard of him doing anything except tweet *shrugs*

Ok he didnt call plays, but he was still the OC meaning he had heavy influence on game plan

Im serious. Ive heard Corch Coley hype for years now and I havent seen him or heard of him doing anything except tweet *shrugs*

Now you're hating just to hate. :lol

If he wasn't any good or an important part of FSU"s offensive success Jimbo wouldn't have tried so hard to keep him in Tally. He matched our offer, then offered more, and then Jimbo supposedly even agreed to give up some of his responsibilities to Coley to keep him there.

But anyways. Time will tell. Golden's hiring track record so far speaks for itself. He knows what he's doing.

Now you're hating just to hate.
laugh.gif

If he wasn't any good or an important part of FSU"s offensive success Jimbo wouldn't have tried so hard to keep him in Tally. He matched our offer, then offered more, and then Jimbo supposedly even agreed to give up some of his responsibilities to Coley to keep him there.

But anyways. Time will tell. Golden's hiring track record so far speaks for itself. He knows what he's doing.
9/7/13

"Can't wait"  - B.Scott

Now you're hating just to hate. :lol

No im not hating. Im asking what does he do that has yall all excited. u just gave me a string of excuses as to why he should take no credit for FSU's struggles on offense

You, yourself questioned hiring any assistant on Saban's staff bc they basically do nothing, but You just gave Coley a pass for "doing nothing"

No I questioned hiring a DB coach on Saban's stuff because Saban is a DB coaching God. Any Saban coached team is going to have great DB play regardless of who the DB coach is.

Again I said I was content, not excited. He's too unproven for me to say one way or another whether he'll succeed or fail. Never said he did nothing...just that we dont know to what extent he can be credited or blamed for FSU's offense. Jimbo has always been the OC and play-caller even back to the LSU days. And I'd imagine a lot of what Jimbo has done in the past as an OC and play-caller is what we'll see from in Coley since Jimbo has pretty much been a mentor to Coley.

FSU struggling on offense is debatable too. Outside of NC State and GT they put up points on everybody they played. Granted, their schedule was garbage but Against UF they did ok and UF had a top 5 defense.How much of that was Coley and how much was Jimbo? We don't know yet. Again we'll have to wait and see.

And I'd imagine a lot of what Jimbo has done in the past as an OC and play-caller is what we'll see from in Coley since Jimbo has pretty much been a mentor to Coley. .

If he truly gets free reign, then I don't expect to see that overall.

Could be wrong though. I guess we'll see in the spring

Last edited:
Vols in home with Levenberry next week and they are getting his last OV. hope the momentum continues.

Nate Andrews commits to FSU

The website footballscoop.com is reporting that Oregon will hire Matt Lubick of Duke to coach wide receivers.

Duke was the only FBS team in the country this season with three receivers with 60-plus catches each.

New Mexico State football coach DeWayne Walker resigned to take a job as an assistant with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Rich Bisaccia (The RB coach that Auburn just signed) is leaving Auburn to go back to the NFL & coach for the Cowboys. That was fast

I don't think TAMU is recruiting Savaiinaea anymore. Should be UCLA's to lose now (if he wasn't already).

LaRue :hat

That puts us at 24 commits that will be signing in February (the other 8 are early enrollees).

Last edited:
After we lost his two main recruiters (Polian to Nevada, Wallerstedt to Texas Tech)...Sumlin went and flipped Mastrogiovanni from OU after that and supposedly stopped recruiting Isaac.

Isaac still talks like A&M is recuriting him and Allen was waiting on to see if he got into stanford

Back
Top Bottom