2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

I read the Auburn piece, and understand there's talk of handing over cash and what not, but what the hell is with all the cloak and dagger crap? Charges outta nowhere, calls made that say nothing, family members not able to see their own kid in jail, an entire police station in on it on the whim of some coach? Huh?

15-25 years in prison, and I'm still not even sure what the kids did. :lol:

I get programs are powerful, and can sweep stuff under rugs, but this seems a bit OD.

I bet Shapiro is behind it.

:lol:

It's definitely sketchy and the charges seem really excessive but I have a feeling how it went down (in terms of the police/charges) is a little bit exaggerated from McNeil & his family's perspective. There was an armed robbery, right? And those dudes were involved. That's not disputed if I read it right.

Watching the Emmert interview on ESPN it's really clear that he's the perfect head for the NCAA. He's completely as full of **** as they are and it makes perfect sense why he's head of that organization. Makes sense that the NCAA came out in support of him now.

It's definitely sketchy and the charges seem really excessive but I have a feeling how it went down (in terms of the police/charges) is a little bit exaggerated from McNeil & his family's perspective. There was an armed robbery, right? And those dudes were involved. That's not disputed if I read it right.

i think what's debated is who was involved, in what capacity those accused were involved, and whether or not it was really an armed robbery. there has to be a reason all the kids thought it'd be a good idea to take this to trial when theyre facing 15-25 and the auburn cops essentially say they have them dead to rights.

Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel 11m
Emmert on Auburn: "We have a higher responsibility when we’re saying someone has committed an offense than reading a newspaper story."

Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ 53m
Emmert on Auburn: "There's a newspaper story. That's it. ... Guilty by newspaper story isn't necessarily the way to go about (judging)."
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ 49m
Mark Emmert: "I'm not trying to dodge a question." He says after dodging multiple questions.

Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS 7m

Mark Emmert said his staff knows "nothing" about Auburn. I asked if that concerns him -- that a reporter knows more about AU than his staff.

Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS 6m

He did not like that question.

This guy is unreal. :rofl:

Last edited:
isnt the Auburn story full of misquotes and a do-over interview ?

yeah and there's definitely an axe to grind and exaggerations by the mcneil's.

BUT

this also isn't the first time an exposé story has come out and those quoted in it suddenly do a 180 on what they said and claim they were misquoted or taken out of context when the blow back hits.

i'm not saying the story is 100% true, there's no way for us to know unless there's an investigation. but the whole thing is suspicious enough to raise alarm. we all know something was up with Cam, and other players have talked about auburn handing money out. so for emmert to say they know NOTHING?

Last edited:

i think what's debated is who was involved, in what capacity those accused were involved, and whether or not it was really an armed robbery. there has to be a reason all the kids thought it'd be a good idea to take this to trial when theyre facing 15-25 and the auburn cops essentially say they have them dead to rights.

isnt the Auburn story full of misquotes and a do-over interview ?

yeah and there's definitely an axe to grind and exaggerations by the mcneil's.

BUT

this also isn't the first time an exposé story has come out and those quoted in it suddenly do a 180 on what they said and claim they were misquoted or taken out of context when the blow back hits.

i'm not saying the story is 100% true, there's no way for us to know unless there's an investigation. but the whole thing is suspicious enough to raise alarm. we all know something was up with Cam, and other players have talked about auburn handing money out. so for emmert to say they know NOTHING?

No doubt that it seems excessive like I said and that McNeil really got a raw deal for whatever reason (I hope for his sake his sentence is light) but there's 3 sides to every story.

Emmert is a ******g idiot. I don't hate Auburn or the SEC, I know my school cheats too but the way that some of these teams got it and are seemingly untouchable...

Someone needs to blow the whole thing up. The NCAA is a joke.

I believe it is written by the same dude who jumped all over the Duke LaCrosse team story and made that national as well

More Auburn stuff coming out. When there's smoke there's fire (pun intended)

$EC team accusations?

Nothing to see here.

Emmert2004_relaxed.jpg

SEC: Playing by different rules since 2000...

Nako- Bailey got moved to his natural safety position, too small to play in the 5-2, Clancy plans to deploy next year. Cravens was beasting too, will be back in 4-6 weeks.

Injuries piling up this spring, don't mind it at all.

Su'a Cravens tore his meniscus? Did that happen or am I being BSed on Twitter?

if its just that, He'll be back by fall

yeah sucks, considering it defeats the purpose of his enrolling early, but he'll only be out for the spring (4-6 weeks rehab)

EDIT

yeah Iron Man i didn't realize he was a natural safety in high school. i looked up some of his high school stuff and saw that after i asked.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom