2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Went to Under the Lights II, and I just have to say that it was the best sporting event I have ever attended. The Umich athletic department showed that it is one of the best in the country, they truly made this game a spectacle. It was a great experience and one that I will never forget :smokin

former players always start singing......most probably didn't have a pro career past the rookie mini camp

And S.I.'s George Dohrmann is the king vulture with these college investigations. Every one they do has his name on it.

What's the point of these investigative articles? Which school isn't doing the things alleged?
These reports are dumb because A. all the money being discussed as changing hands was cash, so nothing is traceable, B. a bunch of the dudes named as taking cash are either dead so they can't defend themselves or said they didn't do it, and C. everyone yapping was a 1 or 2 year bench scrub who either never got money themselves or got paid once or twice.  All this bonus system talk is them reporting back what they heard other players were getting.

I don't get why former players even go on these things. it's so stupid.  What do they gain from it other than throwing their alma mater and ex-teammates under the bus?

What is it just out of spite?  And how does SI choose who it goes after?

I remember they had planned to air out Florida, USC, and Bama.  They barely got anything on Florida besides the arrests, Bama they implicated Trent and a few other players in autograph signing and some other stuff and that went nowhere, and USC they left campus with nothing.  Do they just fish around all year til they can find people to corroborate rumors like a tO$U, Miami, Penn State?

Billy Bajema (Current Ravens player - Former OSU star) - "I've never seen any of this the entire time I was there" - "The picture that this story paints is opposite of the culture that I was part of when I was there" - "The allegations about the Orange Pride girls was actually opposite of what my experience was with that group" 98.1 Radio

-"Whatever the response is to this, it won't matter nationally because they won't see the whole story.  The damage is done by one writer.

-"Those things go against what I stood for and I would have definitely said something!"

-"The stuff they are saying about those girls is serious and I would not have accepted it, I never seen anything like that going on.  Hopefully, they will get to the bottom of this."
Did you forget to mention that almost all of the ex-players providing "evidence" were dismissed from the team? Over sixty players and a 10 ,month process and these are your sources?  Your "sources"  muddying the names of 3 deceased people who can't respond? Did I miss the documented proof of the allegations?  Or the dubious reputation and background of Thayer Evans, an Oklahoma Sooners fan?  Forgive me if I question the veracity of the majority of this "investigative report".
I mean, I think the reports largely true because I know for a fact these things go on at some other programs.  I just find this new culture of "reporting" with zero evidence and no reliable sources amusing.

Iron man hit me with some SC recruiting info. Tell me were pulling gems and going 10-2 next season.

I don't think it'll be as good as people think it will. Bamas offense sucks and Texas A&M can't stop anybody. It'll be 60 minutes of handing the ball off to TJ Yeldon.

In the grand scheme of things players getting $100, 500, maybe even a $1,000 in comparison to the millions that the NCAA and that these schools make this really doesn't do much for me. Some body wake me up when millions of dollars start changing hands and its documented. Now that is a story.

I read some speculation somewhere that Kiffin played them both to burn their redshirts and make it difficult for them to transfer out once he made a choice.

Nah, what you probably read was that Kiffin never announced a back up to Matt Barkley, thus Kessler, nor Wittek did not transfer due to the fact that one was not higher on the depth chart than the other. They were both listed as the infamous OR after Barkley.

Ummmm...how about no.

Did you watch Bama against va tech, or even bother to look at the box score?

Their o-line struggled big time and AJ didn't look very good. The offense put up 14 points, and they got 21 points from a pick 6, punt return, a kickoff return. IMO, this is the weakest of the recent Bama teams.

I don't think it'll be as good as people think it will. Bamas offense sucks and Texas A&M can't stop anybody. It'll be 60 minutes of handing the ball off to TJ Yeldon.

You're probably right, but it's still a huge game due to national championship implications. I think it's gonna be higher scoring than last years 29-24 game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom