2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

they already jumped osu :lol:

they've played 1 less game and osu struggled against Illinois (scoreboard is deceiving.)  if they both win out, by the end of the year baylor will leapfrog the buckeyes.
Scoreboard was deceiving, Ohio State shoulda won by 40. That game wasn't close & never in doubt.

RT 

@LoMoMarlins:

.@JimmyTraina told me @aaronmurray11 just started dating this lovely lady. No wonder his balls look tired and flat. pic.twitter.com/68pFShgjK4

BZOtzh3IUAEdtna.jpg

they already jumped osu 
laugh.gif

they've played 1 less game and osu struggled against Illinois (scoreboard is deceiving.)  if they both win out, by the end of the year baylor will leapfrog the buckeyes.
So...osu "struggled"...The game was within 2 scores at one point for a brief period of time, and thats struggling? Interesting...so did Bama struggle with Miss St? I'm not saying we were overly impressive, but definitely didn't "struggle"
The game opened 21-0.  The score was 44-35 before bad coaching decisions punting the ball back to OSU twice in the last 4 minutes when you had nothing to gain not going for it, led to two 50+ yard Hyde TDs.  Illinois is not good.  You let them back into that game and ohio state can puff out their chests now that the game is over, but in the 4th quarter more than a few Buckeyes fans were bothered by what they were seeing.

they already jumped osu 
laugh.gif

Scoreboard was deceiving, Ohio State shoulda won by 40. That game wasn't close & never in doubt.
There's a reason the AP voted them down despite winning.

Last edited:
The game opened 21-0.  The score was 44-35 before bad coaching decisions punting the ball back to OSU twice in the last 4 minutes when you had nothing to gain not going for it, led to two 50+ yard Hyde TDs.  Illinois is not good.  You let them back into that game and ohio state can puff out their chests now that the game is over, but in the 4th quarter more than a few Buckeyes fans were bothered by what they were seeing.

There's a reason the AP voted them down despite winning.

So back to my question, do you consider what Bama did struggling? What would you consider Baylor's win since they were LOSING at one point? I'm interested to see this response. Like I said, I'm not impressed either but to say we struggled is asinine

Last edited:
Defensively? Because offensively they did pretty much whatever they wanted.
Yes, they struggled defensively.  They gave up 35 points in 29 minutes to Illinois.  That's struggle.  Their defense is not consistent.  
I didn't watch the Bama game so I can't comment on it.  I also only caught a few moments of the Baylor game, but I consider Texas Tech a better opponent than Illinois.  It's why I didn't really say anything about the Northwestern game (aside from commenting on your defense not being consistent) because Northwestern was good and confident at the time you faced them.  The D gives up a ton of points in bunches to a couple of teams it maybe shouldn't.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say they struggled; defensively they just aren't very good. They were playing well until Bosa went out, which was right when Illinois started moving the ball and scoring. I don't think anyone that watches the B1G consistently doubted their ability to throw the ball on Ohio St. They're in like the top 20 the top 25 as far as pass offense goes and it didn't help that Ohio St. was playing without two of their starting Lb'ers.

Braxton wasn't sharp at all passing which was surprising because since he had came back he's been very good.

Texas Tech probably is better than Illinois but you can't fault Ohio St for struggling considering both games ended up with almost identical scores.

Last edited:
Ogre is college football's Romeo Crennell.

Let him coach up the Line or even coordinate, don't let him be head coach
In similar situations too. Took over for a fired head coach, had a big win(chiefs ending the packers perfect season). But then the chiefs went 2-14.
There is still no offense to be proud of. See Notre Dame and last night. Program needs new life, different direction. Coach O would only keep it on the same path we are on now.

The argument for him is that the kids want Coach O, but doesn't it always seem like kids rally around interim coaches then when the initial high runs out everything comes crashing back down?

I do agree the offense still needs major work. Second half has been especially bad all year.

Defense had to bail us out twice at the end against Stanford.

Unfiltered from last night:

Last edited:
I wouldn't say they struggled; defensively they just aren't very good. They were playing well until Bosa went out, which was right when Illinois started moving the ball and scoring. I don't think anyone that watches the B1G consistently doubted their ability to throw the ball on Ohio St. They're in like the top 20 the top 25 as far as pass offense goes and it didn't help that Ohio St. was playing without two of their starting Lb'ers.

Braxton wasn't sharp at all passing which was surprising because since he had came back he's been very good.

Texas Tech probably is better than Illinois but you can't fault Ohio St for struggling considering both games ended up with almost identical scores.

I was at the game and one of the reasons he had trouble passing was the wind being absolutely ridiculous (he isn't a great passer as it is). He threw a few deep bombs where the receivers had em beat deep but the wind just made em soar. This is how empty it was 14 minutes before kickoff lol (it eventually filled a little more but there were def more osu fans)

Student section

Last edited:
Coworker is going to the Iron Bowl. Lucky dude. Office was amped when Marshall hit on the Hail Mary esque winner.

Serious question

If Baylor wins out do they jump FSU and go to the title game?

Baylor probably will be a double digit favorite in all those games. Willing to bet 3+ TD favorite against Texas & TCU.

Back
Top Bottom