2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Man, do y'all really care that much about the conference pride stuff?
I couldn't give two damns about how Bama, LSU, Florida, Georgia or any of those other teams do. If TAMU does well, I'm happy. If TAMU sucks, I'm not happy. Bama and LSU winning titles as SEC teams does absolutely nothing for me. If there are people that want to celebrate another team's success more power to them. That just isn't for me.

I'm with you... How strong a conference is means nothing to me... If Michigan gets a shot at the Rose Bowl, I couldn't care less how they get there....I want to see them win games and win their bowl game... OOC games and bowl games with the B1G do not matter to me... I would rather see the B1G win 1 bowl game, Michigan, since I cant stand any other team in the conference.

Didn't we have a discussion ~15 pages ago about how we don't support the idea of teams rooting for their rivals in their own conference, but now we're here defending our own conferences? :lol:

i don't care if the B10 was down this year.

i don't care that OSU is on probation.

we are going to the B10 championship game.

Michigan fans that were putting their hopes into Iowa to beat Nebraska don't really watch college football.

Man, do y'all really care that much about the conference pride stuff?
I couldn't give two damns about how Bama, LSU, Florida, Georgia or any of those other teams do. If TAMU does well, I'm happy. If TAMU sucks, I'm not happy. Bama and LSU winning titles as SEC teams does absolutely nothing for me. If there are people that want to celebrate another team's success more power to them. That just isn't for me.

i do, maybe its bc youre new

It's easy for me to say I don't care about conference pride when there's not much to be proud of.

This isn't a frequent occurrence and it doesn't matter if Clemson doesn't win tomorrow but the only thing I care about is the rest of the ACC outside of FSU (and usually VT) being so mediocre to bad that we could possibly go 11-1 with the only loss at Tallahassee against a (depending on this weekend) top 10, BCS (depending on the next 2 weekends) team.

I think it's funny when the mid to lower level SEC teams beat their chest over being in the SEC. Yeah, you face tough competition but if you're losing most of those games...you're still not doing anything.

That being said, though I'm not impressed with the SEC this year, they are the best overall conference just about year in and year out.

Last edited:
This Arkansas cheerleader with a prosthetic leg is a solid 9/10... Question to the thread:  "Would you?"

you cheated and got caught end of story
Yeah, nevermind that the McNair case has barely got off the ground and the NCAA has already admitted that their Chief investigator might have "misspoke" about the call that linked McNair to Lloyd Lake.  Naaaaah, that's not relevant.  Nevermind that the NCAA is going to pay up a huge sum of money to keep the details of this case under wraps.  Naaaah, that's not suspicious at all.

Whatever makes you feel better brotha!

It was maybe 15 minutes ago and even though I had the TV on, I missed the "penalty" as it happened but saw Mettenberger get sacked and fumbled. Did they really throw a late flag on a false start? Replay didn't really show it or when the flag was thrown.

Announcers wouldn't say it but it sounded like LSU got some help.

Last edited:
Yeah, nevermind that the McNair case has barely got off the ground and the NCAA has already admitted that their Chief investigator might have "misspoke" about the call that linked McNair to Lloyd Lake.  Naaaaah, that's not relevant.  Nevermind that the NCAA is going to pay up a huge sum of money to keep the details of this case under wraps.  Naaaah, that's not suspicious at all.

Whatever makes you feel better brotha!
so USC ran a clean program under PC and did nothing wrong? you find loop holes in the NCAA case with McNair, dont act like bush didnt take money and other shady stuff didnt go down durning that time. you cheated got caught and move on now. USC is a new coach away from been back to elite.

John L smith HAS to have money on LSU dude is not coaching to win

I can't even deal with what is going on in this game. John L. Smith playing with no balls, LSU getting some suspect calls, it's really frustrating to watch.

Watching gamecast at work. The Colorado/Utah game looks wild. Big whoop though, right? :lol:

Last edited:
LSU got some suspect calls.  That last pass hit the ground with time left on the clock.  That false start flag was thrown AFTER the sack and strip,  Idk... it was suspicious.

John L. Smith is a horrible coach.

Now back on topic gents...
This Arkansas cheerleader with a prosthetic leg is a solid 9/10... Question to the thread:  "Would you?"

Back
Top Bottom