2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

If Chip goes to the NFL, it'll be a humbling experience. I just can't see him having long-term success in the professional ranks. That is, with his current system and philsophy. He'd have to change/tweak some things.

Last edited:
No way they find anything...

NCAA investigating Auburn's football program

54 minutes ago

Losing games is not the only problem Gene Chizik has faced this fall at Auburn. The embattled coach of the Tigers also is overseeing a program being investigated by the NCAA, Yahoo! Sports has learned.

According to multiple sources, NCAA investigators have spent weeks looking into potential improprieties involving Auburn recruits, players, coaches, representatives of the school's athletic interests and third parties. Assistant coaches Trooper Taylor and Curtis Luper have been scrutinized by the NCAA, sources said. Taylor is the assistant head coach and wide receivers coach, while Luper coaches running backs and is the recruiting coordinator.

Both Taylor and Luper were taken off the road recruiting several weeks ago amid the NCAA probe, sources said. Taylor was a finalist this season for national Assistant Coach of the Year honors from the American Football Coaches Association.

With Auburn 3-8 and winless in Southeastern Conference play, Chizik's job is in jeopardy. The ongoing NCAA investigation only heightens the likelihood that the Tigers' game Saturday against rival Alabama will be Chizik's last at the school.

Auburn officials declined comment Wednesday.

NCAA spokeswoman Stacey Osburn told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday that she cannot comment on current, pending or potential investigations.

Chizik was asked in late October about a radio report that some of his coaches had been taken off the recruiting trail. He did not confirm or deny the report at the time.

"I don't have time for all of that," Chizik said, according to an Auburn transcript of his press conference Oct. 30. "I've got one direct focus: that is my team and my players. That has nothing to do with us winning. Whoever said that has nothing to do with anything, so I am not getting into any of that stuff. I've got one track, and that is our players and our coaches, and trying to get us to the next win, so, all of that stuff, I have no comment on that."

Sources told Yahoo! Sports in September that the NCAA has been investigating the recruitment of 2012 Auburn signee Jovon Robinson, whose Memphis Wooddale High School academic transcript was found to be forged and was subsequently declared ineligible in August to play this year at the school. The Memphis Commercial Appeal reported in August that a guidance counselor at Wooddale admitted creating a fraudulent transcript and resigned.

Robinson declined comment to Yahoo! Sports through a family member in September. He is not enrolled at Auburn this semester.

In addition to the academic issues involving Robinson, sources told Yahoo! Sports the NCAA has investigated whether a Wooddale P.E. teacher, Rhonda Wilkinson, provided impermissible benefits to the player during his recruitment, including transportation to the Auburn campus on at least one occasion. Wilkinson is an Auburn graduate and fan – her vehicle and home are extensively decorated with Auburn memorabilia.

When approached at her Memphis home in September, Wilkinson declined comment to Yahoo! Sports.

The NCAA probe is believed to be more widespread than just Robinson, but is not believed to revisit the 2010 allegations involving former star quarterback Cam Newton – allegations Chizik and the school vigorously combated at the time. Auburn went on to win the national title that year after Newton was cleared by the NCAA late in the season.

So revenue streams would have been perfectly fine had teams not shifted conferences?

Once revenue streams start to dry up, you'll probably see conferences shift again, just like they have been in the past few years.
That hard to comprehend? Step down from the 12th man for a second.

You can't keep shifting and creating what's not there. Even with the large contracts doled out, at some point the well will run dry.

Last edited:
Almost 500 mill / yr for 12yrs for a rough total of over 5.5 billion. Yes billion. That money is long.

Auburn's about to take some violations to nullify Chiz's buyout 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Mike I got what you were sayin a couple pages back about Miami skipping bowls cuz the bowls they would get would suck, but technically, they'd be in the ACC title game, and therefore a "shot" at a BCS game, even tho I don't think it would happen. So in a sense, they are giving up a chance at least. Somebody out here that I trust told me that Oregon thinks they did nothing wrong, and that's why they won't self impose a bowl ban on themselves. I'm stunned they think they won't get stung. I don't see what their play is here.
USC thought the samething, they had people swear up and down to them the NCAA had nothing and others saying the NCAA is going to get you.

i mean miami case has been more in the open so we all know the NCAA is going to come down on them.

USC thought the samething, they had people swear up and down to them the NCAA had nothing and others saying the NCAA is going to get you.

i mean miami case has been more in the open so we all know the NCAA is going to come down on them.

Yeah, guilty of that. Pete didn't leave 'cause "sanctions" were looming because no one thought much of it. Pete got tired of CFB politics, and finally got total control from the Seahawks. He would've left for the Dolphins if they would've let him have control, so he stuck around.

continue to play Dynasty mode on NCAA
cause you living on a IF/Fantasy

Oh yeah ? Like Oregon and USC didn't hang over 50 plus points on each other...you bums don't play defense...act like players of Clowney and Jarvis Jones Stature wouldn't wreck them offenses...what defense do yall play ? I wouldn't doubt Todd Gurley or a healthy Marcus lattimore would have a field day on that crap you call defense

That hard to comprehend? Step down from the 12th man for a second.

You can't keep shifting and creating what's not there. Even with the large contracts doled out, at some point the well will run dry.
:lol:

You're legitimately hurt over this conference realignment deal :lol:

A couple of others already touched on this, so I'm just gonna say that there is no evidence of any kind pointing towards any well running dry for the foreseeable future. If there is I'd like to see it. If anything, the creation of super conferences is just going to strengthen those revenue streams.

If any kinds of long-term revenue streams dry up it's going to be caused by some macro-level factor affecting sports as a whole.

Last edited:
675411.jpg

Max Wittek: "I'm going to go out there,I'm going to play within myself, within the system, and we're going to win this ballgame."

Greg doyel is a troll and that article sucks. He basically claims every SEC team is mediocre and live off rep. "they aren't that good, but they've only played each other." someone remind him what happens during bowl season when SEC teams roll on through.

"@AggieFootball: Johnny Manziel needs 167 yards to break Cam Newton's #SEC total offense record record from his 2010 Heisman season #JohnnyFootball"

Oh yeah ? Like Oregon and USC didn't hang over 50 plus points on each other...you bums don't play defense...act like players of Clowney and Jarvis Jones Stature wouldn't wreck them offenses...what defense do yall play ? I wouldn't doubt Todd Gurley or a healthy Marcus lattimore would have a field day on that crap you call defense

South Carolina has only played one team with a legit offense and they gave up 35 points, Georgia **** the bed against South Carolina. Georgia gave up 44 points to the same team. So, yeah, Georgia and South Carolina don't have prolific defenses. :0

Max Wittek era :smokin

Last edited:
Will be at the Civil War to watch the Beavers whoop the Ducks :smokin DVR is going to be working overtime this week with the games I will be missing though.

We don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan.

Let's go Buckeyes !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom