2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

I think Anthony got a decent grade from the draft committee. He should test well at the combine too. but i still wish he would come back and his stock would be even higher.

However I think a saw an article where they were saying that most kids that come back dont improve their stock enough to make up difference from staying an extra year, especially when combine with the risk of injury or their stock falling.

renegade34474 renegade34474 . Best of luck with your travels dude. Got out to Newport on Thursday and the weather has been perfect. Hoping you safe travels, the Nole Nation is excited to have you and everyone else out here. Both the Noles and Auburn fans are in force, seeing school colors all up and down the coast. Got some friends who are auburn fans stuck in NYC right now, unsure whether they will be able to catch a flight. Go Noles!!!

I think Anthony got a decent grade from the draft committee. He should test well at the combine too. but i still wish he would come back and his stock would be even higher.

However I think a saw an article where they were saying that most kids that come back dont improve their stock enough to make up difference from staying an extra year, especially when combine with the risk of injury or their stock falling.

That before or after the new rookie pay scale? There are so many variables involved in it anyway...how many dudes get a 2nd round grade and end up going in the 3rd after 50 other dudes declare or 20 put up insane numbers or their agents work their magic?

I'd be really curious of how accurate the draft grades actually are...like do only 32 dudes get a 1st round grade and 32 get a 2nd, etc? I think I know the answer. Yeah, there are also guys who get a lower grade than where they actually get drafted.

I have no issues with Sammy & Vic declaring, go get that money. Vic isn't gonna grow 3 inches and put on 50 lbs. Bashaud, Stephone & Tay though? I think they're all good players but I wouldn't be surprised to see them all go 3rd rd at best just because they don't have the body of work. I mean, Steph bounced around before he really broke out this year...and even still I'd imagine there are a bunch of LBs ahead of him.

It's really not about making Clemson a better team next year, ****...I wish all 3 of them played out of their minds throughout their career to really justify it. They've been good players but excluding other factors (kids, money) is it really enough for anyone in that position? It's all speculation but any one of them would be in a position next year that all eyes are on them and another good season would firmly have them higher up on team's boards. I just hope they aren't looked at as role players worth a 4th or 5th rounder.

Last edited:
Bortles declared.

UCF got Pittman to flip from ole miss.

They should also target them cards recruits since strong is gone.

I don't love Auburn's defense compared to Cam's run culminating against Oregon.

If FSU limits or contains the rushing attack, Marshall can't win the game with his arm IMO.

Vic Beasley too.

Bashaud Breeland, a solid CB who really should stick around because I don't see how he's done enough to warrant declaring is gone along with Stephone Anthony, a really good LB who showed a lot but could also use another year.

So that's 5 from Clemson plus losing Tajh and our two best OL.
sick.gif
Could be a looooooong 2014.
Artavis Scott licking his chops. Reps will be plentiful. Kitt as well. Milan Richard.

Korie Rogers is undersized. Don't think he's ready to contribute right away.
*puts money aside for UGA/Clemson tickets*

The Arkansas State QB just stepped up in the pocket right into a sack... He obviously hasn't been doing his madden mini-camp drills and he just got drilled with a bean bag.

DAT has declared for the draft (no surprise there!)
Source

Not a huge loss after this year, but a play maker at times!

The Ducks also signed 6'3" 220 lbs linebacker Jimmie Swain today filling the spot opened by the departure of Boseko Lokombo

Last edited:
Watching Auburn/Oregon title game on ESPN. Can't believe its been 3 years, the hell does the time go.

Bama flipped Matt Elam from Kentucky, didn't they.

nah, he ain't committed... just pushed back his decision, which I don't think is good for UK.

it's like a funeral around here in Louisville. :lol: :pimp:

they seriously want Petrino back... sounds like Rich Rod is atop the list, tho.

Back
Top Bottom