2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Hearing that UCLA just locked up Budda Baker's commit.

Josh Rosen watching Cal vs. UCLA at Pauley tonight.

Last edited:
Read Baylor is close to flipping a safety commit of them as well.

Kinda crazy how Mack was still getting guys to commit during UT's down swing.

They've already lost two four star defenders to TAMU, a receiver to TCU, another four star DT to probably Oregon, Bonney is visiting Baylor, and the Foreman twins set up an official with Mizzou the day after Strong was in-home for a visit... It's gonna end up being the worst class they've signed in 2 decades.

And that's without mentioning how far behind A&M and Baylor they are in 2015.

I read that the 2 DTs they're probably gonna sign are better than the ones they've lost so that probably will work itself out. Another safety that's committed to Tech but who may flip to UT is rated lower than the Bonney kid but maybe a lil better but idk how that works. Plus jewbacca jewbacca said a highly ranked guy was on a visit there as well so that can't hurt.

I said a few years ago I thought it was remarkable how Sumlin's first class was assembled despite a ton of decommits and I'll say the same for Strong if he can finish with something at least respectable.

The defensive linemen were top 100 in the state but I've also seen after Myles Garrett & Washington ( both A&M guys) that it's a big drop off in terms of talent. Alaka & Bonney were both composite 4 star guys.

Otaro Alaka is arguably the best LB in Texas...

ZHenderson is good and Trey Lealewhatever was an Army AA guy... Who are they gonna get better than them? He's gonna go steal kids outta Florida?

Looks like Harvey is sticking with TAMU as of now.

I read that the 2 DTs they're probably gonna sign are better than the ones they've lost so that probably will work itself out. Another safety that's committed to Tech but who may flip to UT is rated lower than the Bonney kid but maybe a lil better but idk how that works. Plus jewbacca jewbacca said a highly ranked guy was on a visit there as well so that can't hurt.

I said a few years ago I thought it was remarkable how Sumlin's first class was assembled despite a ton of decommits and I'll say the same for Strong if he can finish with something at least respectable.

I was talking about Nick Harvey. After some tweets tonight, it looks like he'll be staying with A&M. If he flips on signing day, it will be the ultimate wrestling heel turn haha

He goes to the HS in my neighborhood. If he flips, he'll be dead to me lol

Last edited:

"–]Svenray 9 points 1 day ago (9|0)
NC State was going to bench Russell Wilson if he stayed for his senior year because Mike Glennon was threatening to transfer."

Makes sense why the coach moved on from Russell cause if he balled that summer in baseball he wasn't gonna come back....then mike would've been gone too

There was a show on ESPN late Saturday night that was just a bunch of Russell Wilson pieces put together.

They said Wilson left NC State to play baseball, told the coaching staff he wanted to comeback, but they wanted to move on.

On the SC QB situation:
There is obviously a lot of projecting going on several years down the line and that's a really hard thing to do. The good news is that the SC quarterback position is well stocked for the next five years or so. I do think Kessler holds on to the starting job in 2014 but one scenario that i see is the possibility that Wittek would transfer at the end of 2014 if he isn't in position for the job or playing time, Wittek should have the option as a graduate to leave and play a final season at a school of his choosing. 

Browne is a big talent and i'm anxious to see where he's at in his development under Sarkisian's system. For all the skills that Browne has, I'm not sure I would automatically say that he beats out Cody in 2015. Cody will be a pretty experienced guy by that point and, if he progresses next year like he did this year, he will have some pretty good numbers under his belt as well. 

Sark sold Greene on the fact that his skills fit this offense, not as a change of pace guy but as a full-time possibility. Obviously that could be recruiting talk from a coach so let's see where things stand for Jalen in a few years. At the very least, SC has a great service team QB for the next year or two when facing a spread team. 

i agree that Town's future is solid, look forward to seeing him join the mix. Can't help but think of the early Carroll years when the QB group included Palmer, Leinart and Cassel (as well as Billy Hart, who eventually took up minor league baseball). 

JuJu Smith and family taking an unofficial to UCLA today.

CJM also visited with Adoree Jackson this morning.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom