2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Mike Farrell @rivalsmike

"Hearing dad wants #Vols for Adoree Jackson but he prefers #Gators -- not sure where that puts #USC"
Coach Mora met with Adoree at his high school and asked him point blank if he wasn't interested in UCLA anymore, and if so that he could tell him, it wouldn't be a problem. Adoree told Mora that UCLA is still in the mix for him and that he wasn't dropping them from his list of considered schools.

I don't think UCLA is going to get him, but it's strange to hear that neither LA school could end up in his top two.
People close to him have been saying he's been down on UCLA.  Sounds kinda like he just wants a good signing day show at this point.

They were pulling his scholly regardless. :lol:

They weren't. He was still getting contacted & in communication w/ the staff, unlike Jojo Robinson. CJ Still had a spot

Edit - We'll see if he visits this weekend and if things will have been smoothed over & if it will blow over

Last edited:
They weren't. He was still getting contacted & in communication w/ the staff, unlike Jojo Robinson. CJ Still had a spot
Dude got some serious skills based on the film. Do you think the Noles will land Lane? Honestly do you think Lame is better than CJ?

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

SportsCenter  @SportsCenter

Crazy stat of the day: Portland State has more players on #SB48 rosters than Auburn, Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio St and South Carolina COMBINED.

Edit - We'll see if he visits this weekend and if things will have been smoothed over & if it will blow over
Word? It looked like the writing was on the wall with y'all being all in for Dupree plus having Lane and Rudolph. 

Nope, FSU wanted around 4 WR's in this class. And they really liked him as a slot guy, if they didn't they would have given him the cold shoulder a while ago.

Dupree and Lane are both outside guys. Rudolph too, but I think he can do work inside as well. Wanted a true slot guy in this class (a la Kenny Shaw). Sousa fit that mold, but once he got that UF offer it was a wrap for that. So they wanted to Keep Worton. His spot was safe as long as he wanted in.

According to U-School, Richard Yeargin is going to Clemson

Last edited:

Mike Farrell @rivalsmike

"Hearing dad wants #Vols for Adoree Jackson but he prefers #Gators -- not sure where that puts #USC"

Coach Mora met with Adoree at his high school and asked him point blank if he wasn't interested in UCLA anymore, and if so that he could tell him, it wouldn't be a problem. Adoree told Mora that UCLA is still in the mix for him and that he wasn't dropping them from his list of considered schools.

I don't think UCLA is going to get him, but it's strange to hear that neither LA school could end up in his top two.

People close to him have been saying he's been down on UCLA.  Sounds kinda like he just wants a good signing day show at this point.

I don't think anybody really knows where he's leaning. I wouldn't be surprised if he picked any of his top 6, and I could def see him going for the surprise sleeper picks like UCLA/Oklahoma since nobody has been mentioning them as favorites and he's been planning to make his signing day big.

Many who check the SB Nation recuitng hub saw this Monday morning, but in case you missed it, I updated my National Signing Day predictions for SB Nation on the remaining uncommitted prospects. A lot of these have nothing to do with Florida State. But I figured I would share a few with you that do, and you can head on over to read the rest. I am three-for-three on these over the last week, for what it is worth.

Marlon Humphrey

The top uncommitted recruit is Marlon Humphrey, a five-star cornerback from Alabama. Listed at 6'1 and 175 pounds, the cornerback attends Hoover (Ala.) High School and is from Birmingham. He is listed as the 12th-best player in the country and the third-best corner in the class. He holds offers from Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia, Michigan State and South Carolina, among others.

Bud Elliott, National Recruiting Analyst: Humphrey's dad Bobby was a star for the Crimson Tide, and son Marlon lives just down the road from Tuscaloosa. Humphrey did make his visit to Florida State two weekends ago, and is still enamored with FSU's track program, but the loss of defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt to Georgia is big, and it likely strengthens Alabama's chances of landing the corner. It is is very difficult to pick against the Tide and a chance to be coached by Nick Saban when a five-star Alabama legacy is concerned.

Lorenzo Carter

Lorenzo Carter is another big-time prospect available for the 2014 class. Listed at 6'5 and 232 pounds, he attends Norcross High School in Norcross, Ga. He is considered a five-star recruit, and is ranked as the 18th-best player in the class, as well as the second-best weak-side defensive end nationally among players in the class of 2014. He holds offers from Florida, Alabama, Georgia, LSU and Florida State, among others.

Bud Elliott, National Recruiting Analyst: Carter had an excellent visit to Florida State over the weekend, and Florida is still in this, but for now I am sticking with my pick of Georgia, as Carter will be visited Monday by Mark Richt, and still has his visit left to UGA this coming weekend. Geography and spending three of his next seven days with Georgia's staff is difficult to pick against.

Ermon Lane

Ermon Lane is back on the market after decommitting from Florida in January. The wide receiver is considered a five-star by the 247Sports Composite, ranking as the 24th-best prospect in the class. Lane is thought to be the third-best wide receiver and the fourth-best prospect in the talent-rich state of Florida. Listed at 6'3 and 193 pounds, he attends Homestead (Fla.) High School, and holds offers from Florida State, Alabama, Auburn, LSU and Ohio State, among others.

Bud Elliott, National Recruiting Analyst: At this point, I am not sure who to list as No. 2 for Lane behind the Seminoles. I expect him to follow his friend Dalvin Cook to Tallahassee and take advantage of some early playing time with Jameis Winston.

Roderick Johnson

Roderick Johnson is a four-star offensive tackle from Hazelwood Central (Mo.) High School who hails from Florissant. He is rated as the 124th-best player in the nation, the 14th-best offensive tackle and the second-best player in the state. Listed at 6'6 and 315 pounds, he holds offers from Florida State, Alabama, Ohio State and Michigan, among others.

Bud Elliott, National Recruiting Analyst: Florida State has been way out in front for quite a while here, making Johnson an early priority, and the feeling is that Johnson just wants to wait until National Signing Day to put on a hat. FSU folks are confident even after Johnson took his visit to Ohio State.

Read on for thoughts on Malachi Dupre, Malik McDowell and Derrick Nnadi.

I think FSU fans would be very happy with a class that added just Rojo and Lane. It would address FSU's needs and do so with a ton of talent. But I do think it will do better for this reason: upsets happen. A team that is an underdog of a touchdown or less in every game isn't going to finish the year 0-12. It will win a few of those games. The same goes for a team that is favored by a touchdown in each game: it will drop a few.

The same applies to recruiting. FSU is probably the underdog in the five other battles, ever so slightly. While there is no prize for second place, I would be surprised if FSU only grabbed Lane and RoJo. I think Lane, Rojo and 1-2 more of Humphrey, Carter, Dupre, McDowell and Nnadi is the most likely scenario. Grabbing five or more of that group of seven would be absolutely ridiculous, but I do think that is in play. I am just not all that confident in any one upset pick at this point (though if I had to go with one, it would be Nnadi, because Virginia Tech is not quite as tough a competitor in recruiting as Alabama, LSU. As I said, "Tech over FSU, ever so slightly"). FSU is truly in every one of these seven recruitments. Maybe word will come down before National Signing Day that has FSU as a very strong favorite for one or two of the five other than Lane and RoJo.

Tweet(16) Share Share 106 Comments

Damien Mama has cancelled his official with BYU and is having an OV with UCLA this weekend.

Last edited:
Another cb/db in the fsu class wouldnt hurt tho it does seem like a longshot to pull Marlon

Same thing I was thinking...Feel that P.J., Darby, Hunter will declare next year, and I feel atleast two out of Brutus, Keelin Smith, and Nick Waisome will transfer this offseason

There's also Dixon who was done a few days ago but decided he actually will take his OV to see y'all. It's going to be interesting

I liked that post all the way up to "and"
I think if anything it's better for you guys. I don't think he can be all that serious about UCLA, he's probably just giving KP some respect and showing up.
laugh.gif

Not gonna lie, even though everyone thinks JuJu, Damien, and Bryce are all SC, the fact that they "respect" and like the UCLA coaches enough to take courtesy visits is disconcerting.

I think Dixon is a lock, especially now that Ricky's coming.  JuJu and Damien though, there's still that chance...

Last edited:
Frankly, I think we're going to have to get used to this tension between the schools when it comes to recruiting. Mora's time to flee the coop was this summer when he had opportunities at his alma mater and the most powerful football school in the country and he said no. He loves the connections he's making with recruiting and genuinely enjoys developing his players into potential NFL draftees. And now that UCLA is backing the football program with financial support and working the boosters to finance a new football facility (not to mention lowering academic standards for recruits, which he negotiated after Washington tried to hire him) Mora has what he said he needed when we went on a podcast last year, which is serious commitment from the higher ups to making things work.

USC will always get it's share of five *s, but now it has legit competition 12 miles west of it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rashaan Evans decided on his top two schools: Auburn and UCLA. Alabama fell by the wayside.

Last edited:
C.J. Worton officially "decommits" from FSU, will be satisfied with a receiver class of Harrison, Lane, and Rudolph...don't think we get Dupre...although I did like Worton

No official visit to Gainesville for Adoreé.

Yes

yes

Yes

yes

yes

yes

yes
6a00e553e551d188340133f58557fc970b-pi

Not so fast my friend!!

Adoree's mom is flying into LA to help him make his decision.  USC will be his final official visit and I'm guessing she'll be going with him.

And SC's visits have been going well.

Last edited:
of course, the whole wanting his mom to fly in and also to see usc thing could turn out to be just another rumor and he ends up randomly committing to Illinois 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom