2013 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: February 21

I thought Josh Smith was gone, because ATL won't resign him. They could have gotten at least something for him.

But I commend the teams who didn't trade for Josh Smith because he would of wanted a Max contract, and he does not deserve one. NBA teams getting smarter, good for them.

Also, I'm sure the very minimal amount of dumb teams that wanted to trade for Josh Smith and resign him, just thought to themselves, they'll sign him in the offseason.

Last edited:
i dont blame the hawks i wouldnt trade smith away for the crap they been trying to give them for him but oh well i guess my lakers were too busy making funeral preps to be trying to do anything in the trade world im not mad doe !!

how can you call the hawks losers if teams just offered them **** deals for smith? i rather keep the cap space in the offseason then get bums back or someone with a longer contract

and i understand why they jazz wont make a move. your playing for the playoffs it would be a hard sell to the players and fans to trade jefferson or milsap right now

Agree on all this.

I missed it 2 years ago when the Thunder and Celtics did that last second Green for Perk deal that blew this place and Twitter up in an instant. Good times. :lol:

I really like Dahntay Jones as a player, but Morrow provides much needed shooting. Backup point still an issue.

So is Josh Smith going overseas next year? Come summertime there is not one team that will offer him a big deal. max deal...? :smh:

I really like Dahntay Jones as a player, but Morrow provides much needed shooting. Backup point still an issue.
Doesn't matter. Not good enough to make playoffs regardless.

And on Josh Smith... I think as we see the effects of this new CBA set in, teams won't offer guys like him max money as freely as they have in the past. The effects of that are even more likely to kill your franchise for a decade now than they were before.

Last edited:
^wouldnt be surprise if danny ferry handed spurs josh smith for some expiring and draft picks

The hawks had to have punked the Bucks. We trade one of our biggest prospects for JJ Redick with an expiring contract while we have Monta still? And our back up PG. we no longer have a back up point Gaurd :lol: :lol: :smh:

Doesn't matter. Not good enough to make playoffs regardless.

And on Josh Smith... I think as we see the effects of this new CBA set in, teams won't offer guys like him max money as freely as they have in the past. The effects of that are even more likely to kill your franchise for a decade now than they were before.

As far as Morrow is concerned, will he put us over the hump? No. If this team makes a run, it will be because of the guys still on the roster. But he's an upgrade. Deep shooting outside of OJ and Vince has been extremely bleak.

@ChrisBroussard - Breaking News...Just got a text from my sources. Trade deadline officially said to be over.

@ChrisBroussard - Oh, just got another text from another reliable source. Apparently Josh Smith was available to be traded. But no
Trade was made. My gut tells me he'll be signed in the off-season by an NBA team needing his services.

PMatic, when do buyouts start happening?

With Phoenix cutting Zeller, they don't have to buy out JO then. And Utah and Raja? Those are the next wave of moves to start takin place.

Back
Top Bottom