2013 NFL Draft thread - ( Early Entrees, Mocks, Combine etc )

He has to put on weight and be able to shed blocks.

But he can't put on too much weight or too fast or else he'll lose his speed and fluidity.

Without a solid DL Infront and a huge NT he'll disappear much like Aldon Smith did when Smith went down.

I am scared of Dion Jordon. he reminds me of Aaron Curry in the sense he is good at everything and great at nothing.

What is his position? Serious question. He has a long way to go before he is setting the edge in the NFL and is he isnt a Bruce Irvin type that can come in and just pin his ears back on 3rd down. A great coach can make him a All-Pro but I think his bust potention is huge.
i dont see him like either of those players..

with what we are now trying to do with our defense now, i could see him being the perfect SAM for us.. yes, he has the ability to rush the passer.. but, dude also has the ability to drop back in coverage, which is a must for that role

in the SAM spot (strong side.. so he lines up on the tight end side), he will be asked (and has the ability) to cover TEs, H-backs, slot WRs and RBs.. from what ive seen of him, you're right, he isnt the pure pass rusher that irvin is.. but irvin doesnt have the versatility that jordan has

EDIT:

ALSO.. the more i'm thinking about it.. with jordan's ability to cover, he can still play the SAM spot when we move to 4 man fronts (graham-jenkins-cox-cole).. think a better version of carlos emmons

Last edited:
Jordan at 4, NT top of rd 2, OL in round 3. 3 needs taken care of in 70 or so picks. That work for you?
that could work.. the more im reading about our new coaches.. the more im thinking we could go that exact same route

we have alabama's Oline coach, so hopefully fluker drops to us in the 2nd.. or we could pick up jones in the 3rd

i mean it all depends on how the draft shakes up.. i'm not sure how you'll feel about this, but they are saying we are interested in sean smith for the right price.. so that gives us boykin and smith (if we sign him).. and we'll see soon what happens with nnamdi

but i could see us picking a CB and/or safety also in the 2nd or 3rd (i doubt we go milliner at 4)

Last edited:
i dont see him like either of those players..

with what we are now trying to do with our defense now, i could see him being the perfect SAM for us.. yes, he has the ability to rush the passer.. but, dude also has the ability to drop back in coverage, which is a must for that role

in the SAM spot (strong side.. so he lines up on the tight end side), he will be asked (and has the ability) to cover TEs, H-backs, slot WRs and RBs.. from what ive seen of him, you're right, he isnt the pure pass rusher that irvin is.. but irvin doesnt have the versatility that jordan has

EDIT:

ALSO.. the more i'm thinking about it.. with jordan's ability to cover, he can still play the SAM spot when we move to 4 man fronts (graham-jenkins-cox-cole).. think a better version of carlos emmons

He can cover good for his size but that doesnt make him elite at it.

He can cover good for his size but that doesnt make him elite at it.
how many LBs presently in the league would you feel comfortable leaving in coverage?

i mean obviously he could be a bust.. but considering everything he could potential allow a defense to do, he could be worth the risk at 4... he's 248 now and cant lift because of his shoulder injury

emmons, who was a very good 4-3 SAM for us for years was in that 240-245 range at 6'5.. because jordan can do multiple things well, you can keep him on the field on all 3 downs and in mulitple formations.. something you cant do with irvin right now

I am not disagreeing.

I am just pointing out his versatility can be a curse as well and I think he will be taken to high.

Not a huge track record of these swiss army knife guys panning out unfortunately.

Last edited:
Colin Klein still trying to be a qb :lol:

Smart Move by Klein

there is no reason for him to test and workout with the TEs.

If a team wants him at TE, make them draft you first, get a check than switch.

if he falls flat on his face at the combine he doesnt get a single look.

I see Dion as more Julian Peterson than Aaron Curry. His biggest weakness (imo) is that his rush game isn't really refined. Doesn't use his hands as much as he should.

I think getting his shoulder right and putting some weight on will definitely help. Picking him in the top-10 is a risk, but as a player in the NFL, I believe he'll be fine. Too much talent and ability.

Moore's tape looks really good, but you have to wonder what the hell he's been doing the last two months. He needs to bust his *** and show out at the Pro Day.

How in the hell did Damontre Moore only bench 225 12 times...? And then 4.89 in the 40 to top it off? Guy is bout to fall wayyyy back.

THEY SHOULD RENAME THE COMBINE TO THE #DAWGSHOW

#WOOFWOOF #UGA #CMR #DAWGWORLD #FREEBOOSIE
IM CRINE! 
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom