2013 NY JETS OFF-SEASON THREAD 8-8 ..12 Picks ...

It's very possible and likely NYJ keeps Rex. Add a year on his contract to make it 2 total. Give him some weapons offensively.

Geno would regress with a new HC, OC. Rex evaluated Snacks and Mo Wilk properly.

Many believe Rex leaked the report to Glazer about getting fired to earn sympathy among fans and players.

I'm convinced Rex will never fix the offense, I believe he's truly clueless when it comes to offense. Ground and pound only works sometimes, QB's have to throw the ball to keep the defense honest. Also you need a top notch O-line which is another thing the Jets have neglected under Rex.

Rex needs a veteran game manager QB to win, these rookies QB's (Geno, Sanchez) have wasted this defense effort year after year. It's like watching Kyle Boller's Ravens from the Billick years.

They'll give him another year, but I don't think it'll work out. Maybe Rex will learn from his experience with the Jets and do things different in his next job.

I'm here at the game tailgating, looks like it's gonna rain and feels like an overall ****** day. Really hope the Jets DO IT!

GO JETS!!

I love that the team is still playing hard even though this is a meaningless game for them.

thanks, fellas
pimp.gif

you guys are alright in my book
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
. You'll be sitting next to us soon anyway so it's all good.

Glad we went 8-8 this season. I hope Rex isn't fired, and glad we spoiled the Dolphin's season 
nthat.gif

I'm convinced Rex will never fix the offense, I believe he's truly clueless when it comes to offense. Ground and pound only works sometimes, QB's have to throw the ball to keep the defense honest. Also you need a top notch O-line which is another thing the Jets have neglected under Rex.

Rex needs a veteran game manager QB to win, these rookies QB's (Geno, Sanchez) have wasted this defense effort year after year. It's like watching Kyle Boller's Ravens from the Billick years.

They'll give him another year, but I don't think it'll work out. Maybe Rex will learn from his experience with the Jets and do things different in his next job.

I'm here at the game tailgating, looks like it's gonna rain and feels like an overall ****** day. Really hope the Jets DO IT!

GO JETS!!
It's not totally his fault, they need offensive personnel. That doesn't 100% fall on him, BUT I will say he needs to be more vocal about the offense. 

Best Jets news of the day for sure.

I called for Rex's head over the past few months, but realized it makes sense to keep him aboard. Now set him up with an improved offense and we'll see what comes of next season.

Best Jets news of the day for sure.

I called for Rex's head over the past few months, but realized it makes sense to keep him aboard. Now set him up with an improved offense and we'll see what comes of next season.
The draft will tell. I expect at least 75%  of our draftees to be on offense.

agreed mac

It comes down to that offense. The secondary is minor all in all. still bad, but their line makes up for it.

They need to focus on VETERAN WIDEOUTS. I would love for Nelson to come back from that WR core (Kerley is your slot/possible #2 WR). The other main thing is, Woody said Rex's whole staff is invited back (does not mean they will stay but he would sign them). Another year of Marty on offense can only help this team. That middle was wide open most of the year. They also had a great formation between Ivory,Powell, and Goodson before Goodson got hurt.

I think though it was going to be rough to cut him loose after this being his best year as a Jets head coach (Talent wise).

God forbid Marty gets fired. Would hurt this team as much as it did signing/releasing Sporano after only a season. By that, I don't mean we should have kept him (God no), but hiring/firing an OC often is not a good look.

Keep Marty for sure.

8-8 is much better than most people expected, and I really hop Rex stays. On another note, we need a solid TE. And even though Geno has been inconsistent the whole year, he's shown signs of potential and past 2 games have been great for him. I wouldnt be mad if we kept him as our starting QB and just put pieces around him to build the offense.

8-8 is much better than most people expected, and I really hop Rex stays. On another note, we need a solid TE. And even though Geno has been inconsistent the whole year, he's shown signs of potential and past 2 games have been great for him. I wouldnt be mad if we kept him as our starting QB and just put pieces around him to build the offense.
Geno should stay. He's a rookie, so I wouldn't be as hard on him. We need a TE, and veteran WR. MAYBE a RB who can catch out of the backfield a little better also. The offense needs work period. I hope they make the right decisions in the offseason

As long as offense is the priority and also the secondary, we should be in good shape.

As everyone else has stated offense MUST be a top priority in the draft. I'm ecstatic that we didn't do the dumb thing and fire Rex. The lack of offensive weapons on this team isn't his fault. Now we have money and picks, plus a astute GM. This should be a great offseason for us. Scrap Hill and Santonio off the top! Those dudes are useless.  

As everyone else has stated offense MUST be a top priority in the draft. I'm ecstatic that we didn't do the dumb thing and fire Rex. The lack of offensive weapons on this team isn't his fault. Now we have money and picks, plus a astute GM. This should be a great offseason for us. Scrap Hill and Santonio off the top! Those dudes are useless.  
Bingo! Santonio doesn't want to play here anymore.

The fact that we took Hill over Alshon Jeffrey now makes me sick

Bingo! Santonio doesn't want to play here anymore.

The fact that we took Hill over Alshon Jeffrey now makes me sick

:frown:

Holmes and Sanchez, adios. Gonna need to compile a list of FA WRs to see who we could possibly throw money at to be our #1.

Last edited:
Was looking crazy early, but the Jets pulled through stadium was shocked :smokin

Last edited by a moderator:
One major Jets insider theory. Throw the bank at Jimmy and draft a receiver with your first. Whether it be Evans, Watkins, Lee.

One major Jets insider theory. Throw the bank at Jimmy and draft a receiver with your first. Whether it be Evans, Watkins, Lee.
I've heard that theory as well, but I hope we don't do that. We need to stretch our money. Jacoby Jones, Emmanuel Sanders, Macklin and Hakeem Nicks will all be FA. We need to get 2 solid WR threats at least to help Gino next year. Kerley is a certified slot, we need a certified 1 and 2. If we draft someone cool, but he's a rookie, it'll take time to really trust and develop them. We also need CB and O-Line help bad. Antonio was fighting injuries but still, he's getting old and less technically sound the longer he plays. Winters is NOT the answer at OG (nor is Howard at OT), he just isn't. I think we should draft O-line and TE and get legit WRs in free agency. Don't break the bank on them but get some solid WRs.

Missed the last half of today's game but it feels good to shut the mouths of Dolphins fans I know. Roller coaster year hopefully we draft with sense this upcoming May.

Back
Top Bottom