2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss Lamar |I
Still think it's one of the worst moves in NBA history, traded him for literally nothing

1st Round Pick, I believe which brought in Sessions..... Trade Player Exception that became Steve Nash

Then he folded into a mountain of gummy worms & crack.

Memories make it feel like a bad trade, but they sold high, Lamar got high.

Last edited:
1st Round Pick, I believe which brought in Sessions..... Trade Player Exception that became Steve Nash

Sessions didn't resign. Steve Nash to lakers was absolutely horrible

kobe giving him 10k then taking it all back 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

sounds like a MJ story

Sessions didn't resign. Steve Nash to lakers was absolutely horrible

Would be a horrible trade if Lamar played like Lamar instead he became worse than Josh Powell.

I think LO would've been ****** up even if he stayed. The Lakers got the TPE and pick which they used to get other good players. Sadly they just didn't work out once they got here.

soooooooo if we not on team tank does it mean we're not smart ?

I'm more than positive I'm going to regret asking this, but.....

If a person understands, and realizes deep down that this team is not going to win a title, and would give up this years, and 2017's first round pick in a ill fated attempt to win that title, what should we call that?

I'm asking you, honestly. What are we supposed to call that?

It isn't even about the people, or who thinks what, it's the IDEA of what we are discussing, not the person. Not you vs me, or me vs any one else, the IDEA of "trying to win the title" this year, when everyone on the planet knows it's not happening, and giving away two picks for that attempt, is not smart. Not for Jim, not for Mitch, not for Byron, not for Kobe. It's bad business.

Relate it.

I KNOW, if I spend every dollar I have, right now, on lottery tickets, I KNOW, I'm going to win the lottery and get all my money back. All of you know, that's a stupid idea on my part. :lol: :lol: I'd be broke forever. It's bad investing.

We KNOW, we aren't winning a title this year, so then we can at least TRY, to keep our assets. If we fail at that, so be it. At least we're giving ourselves a better chance to keep those assets, than the chance we have to win the title this year.

Make the Suns and Magic TAKE those picks from us, rather than us just giving them over meekly. Giving them away is stupid, failing to keep them cuz we came up short, at least we tried to do what was best for our franchise, and didn't just hand them over to the other teams. *shrugs*

[Braces for backlash]

Troubled?

Conflicted?

We could call them those things instead of 'not smart', or stupid, or ignorant.

Having picks is extremely crucial to success, no doubt. The Heat just went to 4 straight Finals by drafting Wade and Bosh and Lebron and Mike Miller and Haslem.

Oh, wait. They didn't draft all those guys? Drafted some, acquired some?

So while draft position is crucial and having picks that you either use or trade away is also crucial, there's more to it than JUST draft picks and draft position? Success is not a one-sided coin?

Well if someone is so focused on one side of the coin (draft, picks, draft position, trading picks acquired through draft, odds of acquiring top seeds, draft, draft, DRAFFT!!!), what do we call THAT person?

Troubled?

Conflicted?

We could call them those things instead of 'not smart', or stupid, or ignorant.

Having picks is extremely crucial to success, no doubt. The Heat just went to 4 straight Finals by drafting Wade and Bosh and Lebron and Mike Miller and Haslem.

Oh, wait. They didn't draft all those guys? Drafted some, acquired some?

So while draft position is crucial and having picks that you either use or trade away is also crucial, there's more to it than JUST draft picks and draft position? Success is not a one-sided coin?

Well if someone is so focused on one side of the coin (draft, picks, draft position, trading picks acquired through draft, odds of acquiring top seeds, draft, draft, DRAFFT!!!), what do we call THAT person?

I'm fine with troubled or conflicted, whatever works for everyone. Bothered? That could work for some.

But, for your coin mention

Nonexistent? :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Cuz I can't remember anyone, in here, that cares ONLY about the draft. Most of the ones that come to mind, want a Marc Gasol, or a Durant, or a Russ, or a Rondo (along with his Kentucky brethren :nerd: ) to JOIN those draft picks/assets/trade baits.

ESPN experts got the Lakers at 29 wins.

That puts the team with seventh worst record (Sixers - 17 wins, Bucks - 23 wins, Celtics/Magic/Jazz - 26 wins, T'Wolves - 28 wins) according to them.

Sounds about right, I got them between 32-35. So is that new lottery system going into affect this coming year or nah?

****. I have us at 30 wins, ESPN at 29, ESPN sucks so we prolly gonna win like 45 now because of them. :smh:

:lol:

ESPN experts got the Lakers at 29 wins.

That puts the team with seventh worst record (Sixers - 17 wins, Bucks - 23 wins, Celtics/Magic/Jazz - 26 wins, T'Wolves - 28 wins) according to them.

Key for us then, we have to sell at the deadline. Mitch needs to just sell. Giveaways, whatever.

Nash, Lin, Hill, get them out.

As you said earlier, try to buy out Boozer, assume an injury to someone else, that shortens the roster to 5-6 decent pieces, more than enough to give games away Feb thru April.

No matter how good Kobe is or isn't during the season.

Sell MItch, sell. Don't do your normal bull **** like you did last year.

Former Laker Tony Gaffney Shares Kobe Bryant Stories

“Walking through the tunnel before Game 1 of the NBA Finals, which of course happened to be at Staples Center against the Lakers, I hear from behind some choice words; I turn around and it was Kobe,” Gaffney said. “To put it nicely, he called me a traitor. The next thing I know he comes over, gives me a big hug and said Boston is where I belong.

Good teammate Kobe :wow:

lowkey shots fired lmao. yea, you belong on the team that i hate the most...*****.

Key for us then, we have to sell at the deadline. Mitch needs to just sell. Giveaways, whatever.

Nash, Lin, Hill, get them out.

As you said earlier, try to buy out Boozer, assume an injury to someone else, that shortens the roster to 5-6 decent pieces, more than enough to give games away Feb thru April.

No matter how good Kobe is or isn't during the season.

Sell MItch, sell. Don't do your normal bull **** like you did last year.

Problem is that other teams that are interested in those players with expiring contracts will want the Lakers to take back 1 or 2 players with bad contracts and have multiple years left on their contracts.

Mitch & Jim Buss plans are to maintain cap room flexibility for next summer and summer 2016.

Last edited:
CP,

I know we have gone over this many times. But the only way we get to keep this pick is if its top three?

I ask that because we would have to really try to lose games to get in the top three.

Problem is that other teams that are interested in those players with expiring contracts will want the Lakers to take back 1 or 2 players with bad contracts and have multiple years left on their contracts.

Mitch & Jim Buss plans are to maintain cap room flexibility for next summer and summer 2016.

Mitch and Jim would only sell if they aren't getting anything long-term back, otherwise it's a non-starter.

The Nets almost took Jordan Hill for nothing to load up for the playoffs. There are usually teams who will pick up a quality player for nothing (TPE, another expiring player they aren't using) if another team is looking to get rid of them. The Lakers just did it for Lin.

Last edited:
CP,

I know we have gone over this many times. But the only way we get to keep this pick is if its top three?

I ask that because we would have to really try to lose games to get in the top three.

Top 5. Still tough, but little better than top 3 at least.

Yeah...we were horrible this last year and got the 7th pick...SMH

It really seems as if we would have to try to lose games....

I don't know if Byron or Kobe would ever let that happen.

I doubt our front office is about any of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom