2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
as much as i think nick young is average at best, he would be a improvement for us in this offence since we dont actually have an offence and hes better at jacking up iso shots than everyone not named kobe 

we ain't bottom 5 bad

Bz0wLyDCQAEYk_J.png:large

View media item 1217565

Hmm so were basing the ENTIRE season on a shooting chart from a single pre season game ? You're better than that

:lol: :lol: talk about a rush to judgment.....don't let your thirst to be right override your common sense, your too smart for that. ( or so you'd want us to believe )

That's no better than me coming in here after a good shooting game predicting greatness, you'd dismiss that swiftly so don't do it.

On the low I think you just wanted to post that AD meme it's pretty funny :lol:

as much as i think nick young is average at best, he would be a improvement for us in this offence since we dont actually have an offence and hes better at jacking up iso shots than everyone not named kobe 

Agreed, but that would equate to more fast breaks, and a bigger point spread losses.

Hmm so were basing the ENTIRE season on a shooting chart from a single pre season game ? You're better than that

:lol: :lol: talk about a rush to judgment.....don't let your thirst to be right override your common sense, your too smart for that. ( or so you'd want us to believe )

That's no better than me coming in here after a good shooting game predicting greatness, you'd dismiss that swiftly so don't do it.

You know I'm usually chill....

And I know its just preseason....

The man threw his shoe at the guy. His SHOE!

I truly don't know what this team will do.

But Playoffs? :smh:

Nah as of this point right now.... There is no point.

And its hard for me to type that....

Last edited:
*insert Joker "Oh, I like that" gif*

Where you at, had pants?

batman+the+dark+knight+rises+gif+joker+gif+catwoman10.gif

who-throws-a-shoe-o.gif

Last edited:

We're speaking strictly on the bottom 5 status of the team, I honestly can't see us making the playoffs but I don't see us being bottom 5 either.

We're speaking strictly on the bottom 5 status of the team, I honestly can't see us making the playoffs but I don't see us being bottom 5 either.

Well, Seems like we already have injuries,

We are VERY young (and old too).

It's possible. It's very very possible. You know the west is deep.

:lol:

Never said it was impossible , I know sports is unpredictable and things can get ugly fast.....I just don't think it's likely to happen that's all.

Please for the love of god don't let a preseason game determine our season, that's too much of a knee jerk reaction idc how bad it looked it's still a preseason game.

Also been meaning to post this : if anybody wants to predict injuries for the old men please do it NOW, don't wait till someone gets hurt and say yeah I knew that would happen...because I will find you :lol:

:lol:

Never said it was impossible , I know sports is unpredictable and things can get ugly fast.....I just don't think it's likely to happen that's all.

Please for the love of god don't let a preseason game determine our season, that's too much of a knee jerk reaction idc how bad it looked it's still a preseason game.

Also been meaning to post this : if anybody wants to predict injuries for the old men please do it NOW, don't wait till someone gets hurt and say yeah I knew that would happen...because I will find you :lol:

I'll say this. You are right. We shouldn't let a preseason game determine the season.

I believed we would miss the playoffs. But win like 35 to 40 games.

These last two losses lead me to believe that we would win about 30 games.

As far as injuries. I believe Boozer, Nash and Kobe will miss sometime due to injuries. Hell I think just about nobody on the team will play a full 82 games. I hope it doesn't happen....but we already in the PRE-SEASON have been hit with the bug....|I

The preseason games are enough to show how basic and far off the Lakers really are right now. Like I'm not sure how they expect to get Kobe post-ups and jumpers if they don't space the floor, and instead have Jordan Hill and Boozer running around 2 steps from Kobe backing down his man.

They'll fix problems with offense/defense as they go, but they have so many :x. Meanwhile Byron's focus has been conditioning, so they're already getting a late start on everything else.

Last edited:
Everything I figured would happen during the regular season is happening thus far in the pre-season in regards to team play.

*Shrugs*

Saver, my point isn't one game, it's the philosophy of Scott in general which that shot chart showed.

No 3's. Nothing at the bucket. Mid range, on mid range, on mid range.

Horrible, horrible spacing, anywhere. 2014 NBA defenders can run out from the hoop to the 3 point line in 1-2 steps now. That's the style of today's game.

By shrinking that, it's easier to defend us at 19 feet in, than everyone else at 22 feet in. That's simple math, not in our favor.

Contested 15-19 foot shots are the worst shots in the NBA, and that's where Scott has us.

If he don't fix that, we're in BAD shape, and that's just offensively, that's our "strong" side of the court. :lol:

As for injuries, gimme Nash for half or more, gimme Kobe sitting......10-12, Hill for a dozen, Boozer a handful, Nick already out a month, gimme an extra month on that. Say, 25+ games. Lemme get 15 games for Henry as well.

Add that up, on the low end, we compete for our pick. Mix in any extra missed games, and a few "sales" near deadline, great shot at top 3 pick.

BTW, there is some discussion out there that maybe the front office is putting Scott up to this mid range offense for sub-tanking purposes. (The non Philly completely obvious way). I bet anything P-Senor saw it. :nerd:

Horrible, horrible spacing, anywhere. 2014 NBA defenders can run out from the hoop to the 3 point line in 1-2 steps now. That's the style of today's game.

By shrinking that, it's easier to defend us at 19 feet in, than everyone else at 22 feet in. That's simple math, not in our favor.

Contested 15-19 foot shots are the worst shots in the NBA, and that's where Scott has us.

If he don't fix that, we're in BAD shape, and that's just offensively, that's our "strong" side of the court. :lol:

+1

Let's see if they make adjustments to the offense and also get their legs back Thurs.

BTW, there is some discussion out there that maybe the front office is putting Scott up to this mid range offense for sub-tanking purposes. (The non Philly completely obvious way). I bet anything P-Senor saw it. :nerd:

I'm not sure I buy it... I get the feeling enough people with the Lakers think they can compete as of now. I think this is really Byron's legit gameplan.

At the very least I think Byron and the Lakers are trying to bring this tough 80's image back, between the style of play and his 1989 Pat Riley coaching style, to help sell the team to fans.

Last edited:
i doubt byron would use a return to his glory days as a cover up for a next level tanking strategy

he has way too much pride for that 

I'm not sure I buy it... I get the feeling enough people with the Lakers think they can compete as of now. I think this is really Byron's legit gameplan.

At the very least I think Byron and the Lakers are trying to bring this tough 80's image back, between the style of play and his 1989 Pat Riley coaching style, to help sell the team to fans.

Thats exactly what they are doing. Mitch & Co. that cant afford to have any more worries about the coach, if they cant get Phil this is the next best thing. An old Laker from an old era selling toughness and "the old way" ....whatever the hell that mean

Ugh this is a new day ...a new generation ...a different athlete ...you cant play the same as you did in the 80's as now. We will
get left in the dust. But to be honest all this means nothing Scott will have the same problems as Mike D....they both dont have the personnel. I dont care what system you run if you dont have good young vibrant players it means nothing.
Especially in a league thats so heavily predicated on superstar talent.

This whole organization needs a wash, a cleansing of the old. Literally a new generation in the FO.
New ideas, forward thinking, etc.

Thats why I love Coach Pop ...he HATES the 3 pointer but he knew he had to get with the times or he would get lost. Opened up the faster paced 3 point game but stuck to his defensive principles.

at this point, its garbage to talk already. let this team.play out amd.focus on team LA fantasy basketball lol

8. The Lakers will rank 28th or worse in points allowed per possession.

Every stats-based prediction has to have a Philly allowance at the bottom. The Sixers avoided the cellar in this category last season, and they finally have Nerlens Noel to swat at everything in sight. But they’re going to be awful and a real risk to pull the historically rare double of finishing last in both points scored and allowed per possession.

They are the only thing standing in the way of a last-place Lakers finish. This team has none of the raw ingredients of even average defense — no slithery point guard to run around screens, no wing stopper, minimal team speed and rim protection. Byron Scott will talk the talk, but his Cleveland teams were disastrously bad on defense. Even defense-first coaches need talent, especially in the killer Western Conference, and the Lakers are bereft of it.
17. Lottery reform will pass somewhere between 25-5 and 29-1.

Philly will vote against it and won’t mind being the lone holdout. A few small-market teams might think about defying Adam Silver; there is some fear that giving near-.500 teams a better chance at leaping into the top three muddles what had been the only surefire path for a small-market team to nab a superstar.

Some teams set to give or receive protected picks have to think hard about their votes. The Pelicans owe the Rockets their 2015 first-rounder, but New Orleans would keep the pick if it falls within the top three or anywhere from no. 20 to no. 30.

The Pelicans and Rockets chose those numbers carefully. The current lottery system only draws the first three picks; the Pelicans set this up so that if they miss the playoffs, they lose their pick unless they luck into a top-three drawing.

Under the NBA’s new proposal, the lottery drawing would determine the first six picks. That makes it more likely for New Orleans to barely miss the playoffs, start at something like no. 13 in the lottery order, and draw its way into the no. 5 spot — coughing up a more valuable pick than expected. That is their worst-case scenario.

The proposed system also increases the odds of New Orleans’s best-case lottery scenario: starting at no. 13 or 14 and drawing into the golden top three.

Which way would you vote if you were the Pelicans? The Lakers and Suns have a similar protected-pick dilemma between them, and it might be even trickier, since the Lakers could remake themselves into a dangerous team over just one summer.

Philly has some potential allies, but they are few, and by vote time, the Sixers may stand alone.
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/33-crazy-predictions-for-the-nba-season/

Last edited:
If they do the new lottery and we still can't even luck into it :x

I'm pretty much banking on 10th worst record, and getting one of the 3-4-5 pick.

Last edited:
Lakers, by far the biggest winner of this new lottery if implemented this upcoming draft. :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom