2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have no idea what you are talking about. You mentioning the Phoenix and Boston games prove that to me.

Do you not remember the game in the 08 finals where we are getting blown out and he refuses to even touch the ball?

Boston got into the big lead to start the 3rd.

He wasnt "refusing to touch the ball" his teammates werent even looking for him. He was basically a decoy to get the guys started and make a run. Which was probably the game plan at half.

But Boston just kept pouring it on.

Kobe started to be aggressive offensively in the middle of the 3rd when they were down by 30.

He isn't. Over the past decade, he's done a phenomenal job of finding championship contributing talent via the draft or trades. That alone shows you he isn't stupid and has the capacity to do good things.

However, trying to win games in this scenario is just down right silly. It doesn't make any sense at all. If I know it doesn't make sense,(a casual observer of LAL) then I know he knows it doesn't which is why I feel like he's doing the PR move by saying they aren't tanking.

Now if he is serious about those comments, he has to go IMO. Squeezing 3 more wins out of this team doesn't get you anywhere near the playoffs, and completely ***** over your immediate and not so immediate future. Incredible.

Last edited:

He isn't. Over the past decade, he's done a phenomenal job of finding championship contributing talent via the draft or trades. That alone shows you he isn't stupid and has the capacity to do good things.

However, trying to win games in this scenario is just down right silly. It doesn't make any sense at all. If I know it doesn't make sense,(a casual observer of LAL) then I know he knows it doesn't which is why I feel like he's doing the PR move by saying they aren't tanking.
Well damn I was kidding 
laugh.gif

He did phenomenal in the old CBA. And has actually done a great job in the new one, but injuries and bad coaching hires has ruined this team.

Plus we got ZERO for Pau and Dwight.

Would have loved if we coulda got something for them. 

He can't do the same stupid **** with Hill.

Sell him and his inflated stats high for a pick.

Cleaning house and getting quality pieces for the future is all Mitch should be doing, not holding onto Hill. 

I hope Mitch is just trying to inflate Hill's value. He's the one who signed him to a pretty tradeable contract after all.

Hill might not get traded but I don't think it'll be for lack of trying.

Last edited:
I never saw Magic do that

Never saw those 2 get blown out by 40+ at the garden in a finals game.

You have no idea what you are talking about. You mentioning the Phoenix and Boston games prove that to me.

May 27, 1985 Lakers lost Game 1 to the Celtics 114 - 148. Not 40 points, but 34 is pretty bad. At the Garden as well.

Do you not remember the game in the 08 finals where we are getting blown out and he refuses to even touch the ball?

Yeah, you don't know what you're talkin about. No biggie.

Believe what you want. Just starting facts.

You mean the game 6 where Kobe shot TWENTY TWO TIMES, and no other Laker had more than 8? THAT game where Kobe "refused to touch the ball?" The other 4 starters had 25 shots

He should get props for expressing himself though. He didn't come here with one line tweets. Community should be receptive to fans, cheers and criticism.

Getting facts right should be in there as well. When you get them wrong, you waste people's time. Patting them on the back for that does what? And when they claim to be stating facts, and are still wrong, then clearly they aren't helping the convo in any way. One sentence, or 10 paragraphs. I said he didn't know what he was talking about and left it at that, he wanted to keep trying. Well.......

Let me know when you two encourage to be accurate with the facts, not drop incorrect bull ****. Then get back to me.

As Essential already pointed out, and you two missed, the Memorial Day Massacre was a thing, where the Celtics dropped 148 points on Magic's ***. In the Finals. It happened, trying knowing about it before you run off at the mouth about Kobe losing a blowout and hyping Magic as "never woulda let that happen"
You mean the game 6 where Kobe shot TWENTY TWO TIMES, and no other Laker had more than 8? THAT game where Kobe "refused to touch the ball?" The other 4 starters had 25 shots if you were interested in being accurate. (I know you aren't)

Again, so since we cleared up the little issue about you two not knowing what you're speakin about, continue to pat each other on the back about speaking out, accurate or not. By all means, be my guest.

But if you want to really speak out, try getting your ******* facts right before running your mouths. I told you it was cool you didn't know what you're talkin about, let it be at that. But that wasn't enough for you. Hopefully now you got the hint, and we can move on.
smokin.gif
My whole tirade the past few pages were about 1 thing only, it was about Kobe collectively in terms of his 'leadership' and 'charisma'.  I didn't spew any figures or stats. LOL

Let me know when you two encourage to be accurate with the facts, not drop incorrect bull ****. Then get back to me.

As Essential already pointed out, and you two missed, the Memorial Day Massacre was a thing, where the Celtics dropped 148 points on Magic's ***. In the Finals. It happened, trying knowing about it before you run off at the mouth about Kobe losing a blowout and hyping Magic as "never woulda let that happen"

You mean the game 6 where Kobe shot TWENTY TWO TIMES, and no other Laker had more than 8? THAT game where Kobe "refused to touch the ball?" The other 4 starters had 25 shots if you were interested in being accurate. (I know you aren't)

Again, so since we cleared up the little issue about you two not knowing what you're speakin about, continue to pat each other on the back about speaking out, accurate or not. By all means, be my guest.

But if you want to really speak out, try getting your ******* facts right before running your mouths. I told you it was cool you didn't know what you're talkin about, let it be at that. But that wasn't enough for you. Hopefully now you got the hint, and we can move on. :smokin

My whole tirade the past few pages were about 1 thing only, it was about Kobe collectively in terms of his 'leadership' and 'charisma'.  I didn't spew any figures or stats. LOL

I was speaking on you backing Chuck's inaccurate claims and praising his waste of our time. I haven't read any of the leadership stuff today. I'm not too concerned about that stuff. People will twist that any way they see fit.

But if you want to really speak out, try getting your ******* facts right before running your mouths. I told you it was cool you didn't know what you're talkin about, let it be at that. But that wasn't enough for you. Hopefully now you got the hint, and we can move on. :smokin

Finally you come in with something, instead of your blah, blah. Good for you to bring out stats. But did you watch the game? Did you see Kobe's demeanor in that second half ? Did you see Kobe waived off his teammates when they wanted to pass him the ball? maybe you miss that? of did you watch the game? Did you see the phoenix game where Kobe did that as well? ARE THOSE QUALITIES THAT A LEADER SHOWS?? I THINK NOT.

MAGIC might have lost by 34, but he never waver. never stop playing hard. continue to battle, NEVER ABANDONED THE SHIP in the game. Kobe checked out on both of those games when he realize he was getting blow out.

That is what I am talking about as well. HIS LEADERSHIP :rolleyes

CP1708.... What did you think were talking about then? If not his lack of leadership...?

Last edited:
Kobe played 1,486 other games.

You have a point about the Boston and Phoenix games not being a good look, but he played nearly 1,500 other games, many of which were nothing like those.

Last edited:
Getting facts right should be in there as well. When you get them wrong, you waste people's time. Patting them on the back for that does what? And when they claim to be stating facts, and are still wrong, then clearly they aren't helping the convo in any way. One sentence, or 10 paragraphs. I said he didn't know what he was talking about and left it at that, he wanted to keep trying. Well.......
Dude, why are you so upset my man.  This ain't ESPN though, and I honestly don't have the brains or time to research specific dates, stas, and scores.  I don't really think it would matter in the grand scheme of things though.  I grasped his idea and comprehended what he had to say about Kobe's leadership.  I simply agreed with him regarding that aspect.

And I just wanted to encourage people into voicing their opinions and to not have this turn into tweet central like the regular NBA thread.  It's cool though.

Finally you come in with something, instead of your blah, blah. Good for you to bring out stats. But did you watch the game? Did you see Kobe's demeanor in that second half ? Did you see Kobe waived off his teammates when they wanted to pass him the ball? maybe you miss that? of did you watch the game? Did you see the phoenix game where Kobe did that as well? ARE THOSE QUALITIES THAT A LEADER SHOWS?? I THINK NOT.

MAGIC might have lost by 34, but he never waver. never stop playing hard. continue to battle, NEVER ABANDONED THE SHIP in the game. Kobe checked out on both of those games when he realize he was getting blow out.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No, I don't watch basketball.

His teammates must not have listened to him wave them off since he shot more than everybody on the team by 14 shots. Way to really understand the dynamics of the game there buddy.

Kobe played 1,486 other games.

You probably have a point about the Boston and Phoenix games not being a good look, but he played nearly 1,500 other games, many of which were nothing like those.

You are correct Sir. But my biggest beef with Kobe has always been that. He could have been a better leader. Would that have change the course of history?? Maybe.

Dude, why are you so upset my man.  This ain't ESPN though, and I honestly don't have the brains or time to research specific dates, stas, and scores.  I don't really think it would matter in the grand scheme of things though.  I grasped his idea and comprehended what he had to say about Kobe's leadership.  I simply agreed with him regarding that aspect.

And I just wanted to encourage people into voicing their opinions and to not have this turn into tweet central like the regular NBA thread.  It's cool though.
/Thread.

Zero upset, I always post like this. :lol:

I'm not surprised one bit you understood his idea of factual inaccuracies. I pointed out he was off base, that's that.

You guys can question how he leads, or why he does what he does, that's fine. You can't point to two blow out games for your example.

Or maybe you want to point at Tim Duncan for losing 111-72 against the Lakers in an elimination game as an example of what a poor leader he was, since he only had 14 shots in that game. Fewer, than Kobe had in his blowouts. Let me guess tho, that's different. :lol:

Last edited:

I'm not surprised one bit you understood his idea of factual inaccuracies. I pointed out he was off base, that's that.

You guys can question how he leads, or why he does what he does, that's fine. You can't point to two blow out games for your example.

Or maybe you want to point at Tim Duncan for losing 111-72 against the Lakers in an elimination game as an example of what a poor leader he was, since he only had 14 shots in that game. Fewer, than Kobe had in his blowouts. Let me guess tho, that's different. :lol:

What does Duncan have to do with this conversation? We were talking about Kobe's leadership and the fact that he's never been that. LEADER. That's all we were trying to point out. What it incorrect to point out this on the two times Kobe quit on his team when he was getting blow out? possibly, but at the same time, its been said and discuss that he's always been that. a poor leader.

Last edited:
Zero upset, I always post like this.
laugh.gif

Or maybe you want to point at Tim Duncan for losing 111-72 against the Lakers in an elimination game as an example of what a poor leader he was, since he only had 14 shots in that game. Fewer, than Kobe had in his blowouts. Let me guess tho, that's different.
laugh.gif
I'm just voicing stronger opinions about it, but I wasn't forming my POVs from a game or two.  I don't think the other dude was either.  As you know, he proally filled in because of Kobe's vine video; triggering some 'fresher' topics of discussions for us here.  I wouldn't necessarily use one or two games as grounds either, and I certainly don't think I would need to question Kobe's drive and passion.  One or two game won't make or break a player for me.

What does Duncan have to do with this conversation? We were talking about Kobe's leadership and the fact that he's never been that. LEADER. That's all we were trying to point out. What it incorrect to point out this on the two times Kobe quit on his team when he was getting blow out? possibly, but at the same time, its been said and discuss that he's always been that. a poor leader.

You pointed out two games (incorrectly) so I pointed to one of Duncan's. Same standard as yours. I don't even have to be accurate, I can just type anything.

Duncan got swept in his prime in the playoffs, WITH homecourt advantage. That never happened to Kobe in his prime. So Kobe is a better leader than Duncan is.

This no need for being accurate thing is mad easy. :pimp:

I trust Mitch with the draft and trades (and by extension Jimmy). I do not trust him in free agency.

I'm just voicing stronger opinions about it, but I wasn't forming my POVs from a game or two.  I don't think the other dude was either.  As you know, he proally filled in because of Kobe's vine video; triggering some 'fresher' topics of discussions for us here.  I wouldn't necessarily use one or two games as grounds either, and I certainly don't think I would need to question Kobe's drive and passion.  One or two game won't make or break a player for me.

A fair enough belief. But that's not what he came thru with. He used those 2 games as his backbone of an example, one that I disputed immediately, pointing out those two games didn't mean ****. He was wrong about the anyway.

Had he framed it more the way you have done, or Ska has done, I wouldn't have gone at him about it.

I trust Mitch with the draft and trades (and by extension Jimmy). I do not trust him in free agency.

Eh, they didn't tie up money in guys like Lance, and Thomas, etc. They went for the 2 big game guys, missed, and simply filled in with filler. (Outside of the NY deal)

If they give money to anybody next year, maybe I worry more, but if they use the same approach, and chase only the big fish ( at least til Kobe's done) then we should be ok.

At some point, they need to bring in talent, everywhere, not just the 1 big name guy. That won't work too well unless they blindly get lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom