2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
LEts have a meetup at the chip parade in june. oh you aint know? its not not the liquor bruh. lakeshow chips. #17.

LEts have a meetup at the chip parade in june. oh you aint know? its not not the liquor bruh. lakeshow chips. #17.
what kind of chips, lays?

pringles? 
nerd.gif

Reactions: sb
Happy New Year again. LOL Big ups to the crew here. Thank you Seamanup, Freeze, CP and the guys that keep this thread going. Love the deep dive analysis, draft pick analysis, tank talk, prosper talk, LION KING gifs, etc.

Guys, willing to share stories of their new year? LOL.

Have a good one guys.

I'll share you my New Years story from last night. Here it is:

Orange Juice.
NyQuil.
Tylenol Severe Cold & Flu.
Halls Extra Strong Cough Drops.
High Temperature body.
Green Tea with Honey.
Knocked out at 11:15pm. :lol:

But you know what? I woke up this morning and I feel blessed to be alive for this new year. Ain't even trippin man. Already have experienced the "fun" way of New Years eve before so I don't feel like I missed anything. Felt good to knock out and refuel.

Get to stay in, not have to work, drink lots of juice, stay warm under blankets, watch the college football playoffs and enjoy some movies before and after.

Sickness just makes us stronger.
Life is a blessing.

Happy 2015 :smile:

Last edited:
Get better LTB.

I'm here at work, lookin like a star as always on year end audit day, not a single item misplaced, not a penny missing. Every year.

Then, I go home, watch a couple college football playoffs, have tomorrow off, enjoy the weekend and the start to a new year. :pimp:

also, best wishes to @Kal-El-8 for a speedy recovery from back surgery!

whatever kills you makes you stronger 
pimp.gif

I'm going with 15-32 at the end of January
18-35 come All-Star Break. Same record we went into ASG last year.
*Assuming no significant trade before All Star Break.

Hollinger's playoff odds has us at a projected 30 wins. That's a 40% win percentage the rest of the year, which is realistic. Tied for 5th worst.
Philly - 14 wins
Minny - 16 wins (I'm assuming that changes when Rubio, Pek come back for the second half, but don't see them pulling off more than 20 wins injuries or no injuries)
Knicks - 22 wins (They really stink, but I think they'll end up with a really good month somewhere, and get a few extra wins)
Magic - 29 wins (I think they end up a bit better than this. They've won 13 games in 35 games, hard to see only 16 in 48 games. 4-6 in last 10. 6-10 overall in December)
Hornets - 30 wins
Lakers - 30 wins
Denver, Sacramento, Detroit - 32 wins

40% win percentage for an entire season is 33 wins. We were never going to be .500, but .450 of 37 wins was absolute best case scenario before Nash & Randle went down.

No Nash, no Randle definitely moved us backwards. I thought Randle by All-Star Break to end of the season would have picked us up a handful of wins.

Our win % is .313. The .400 Hollinger prediction would take us to 30-52, a .366 final win %.

If we continued the .313 win % it is 16-17 wins in the last 50 games.

27 wins puts us at 4th worst record, and the likelihood of losing your pick is extremely small. Could happen, but the likelihood of 2 teams 5 or worse end up in the Top 3 is 17.2%, and still not sure it has happened yet.

How to we get to 27 wins and to 4th worst, (maybe even 3rd worst if Knicks have a decent month somewhere).

Have to trade Lin & Hill at the deadline. Hill most specifically. Neither of those 2 will be here next season. Lin because we have to build a team, and a backup PG is really insignificant to build a team. So many teams get by with league average PGs and get in the playoffs, and you can get those for $3mil or less. The marketing power of Lin will inflate his contract to $6mil.

Hill's $9mil Team Option could end up being poison to 2015 and building a team. I think we need to start getting everything in line, so in 2015 we can go to Kevin Durant and have a pitch that says "Look 2015-16 we were much improved, with you, we are a contender, have much of our starters and bench already figured out. And here out, we still have make moves to improve the team." If Hill is let go, and Davis declines player option, we have 6 players (draft picks not included). 6 roster space holds, and we have $30.6mil in cap space. Let's say we get lucky, get a Top 5 pick without trading Hill, and keep the Rockets pick. That's about $3mil less in cap. So now $27.6mil with 8 players + 4 cap holds. We keep Hill for 2015-16, that's now $18.6mil with 9 players + 3 cap holds.

That $18.6mil and we're missing a starting PG, SF... Backup Center, and probably a defensive wing on the bench.

Dragic would be top choice because he's good, entering into his prime, and has interest playing here. I also don't think he will stay with the Suns. Too many cooks in the kitchen at guard positions. He'll get probably $14mil first year of his deal (more than Bledsoe, but that's factoring in the rise in cap space. If cap was to stay stagnant, he'd probably be at $12mil.)

So Dragic at $14mil means we have only $5.3mil in cap space for 10 players + 2 cap holds. That gets us maybe Ed Davis back, if he stays for a discount of $1-2mil a year.
That gets us nowhere.

But having $27.6mil with 8 players + 4 cap holds..... That could get us Dragic, and have $13.6mil for the many Cs that are FAs. Including Hibbert, who has a game that will fit well with Randle and as a Center has stayed neck and neck with Dwight on defense (even with his bad Defensive Rebounding). And maybe being a Laker, and having Worthy around all the time could help him increase his efficiency on the offensive end.

Trading Hill for say Kendrick Perkins means that our bigs are
PF - Carlos Boozer , Ryan Kelly, Tarik Black
C - Ed Davis, Robert Sacre, Kendrick Perkins

That's immensely worse. Specifically from a rebounding and second chance points standpoint which has helped us stay in games. Also opens up more minutes for Kelly, who likely would fall into a black hole of minute-less games because Ed, Jordan & Carlos are all better players.

Trading Lin for scraps to a team that needs a PG (Toronto needs one and have contracts like Chuck Hayes, Tyler Hansbrough, Landy Fields to take on a contract like Lin's) means relying on Wayne Ellington, Ronnie Price, Jordan Clarkson for a majority of PG minutes. As bad as Lin has become, that's a disaster. But at least Clarkson may get 5 minutes of playing time.

Ellington, Price, Clarkson
Kobe, Fields
Wes, Nick Young
Boozer, Kelly, Black
Davis, Hayes, Sacre, Perkins

That team doesn't go 20-30 over the last 50 games, that team probably goes 14 to 16 - 34 to 36

Last edited:
Greasy and Lou Willams > Lin

Lou, yes. But he's played almost exclusively at the 2.

But Vasquez has been meh this season on offense, although his saving grace has been his defense...

Still could use Lin, especially if it only costs Fields & Hansbrough who are either injury prone/don't have much of a role.

I was just spitballing, and found a team who could take Lin's salary. I'm sure someone else will appear.

On the other hand, Raptors could be in play for someone like Hill. Have a lot of bigs, but simply as an insurance for Amir Johnson, who could end up leaving in Free Agency.

Last edited:
Threw that idea to a couple of Raptor fans and they said no, rather emphatically. :lol:

Biyombo, Neal and a 2016 second rounder for Hill. :pimp:

Edit:

There's a Lin trade that brings the Lakers one of ya boys back and another Pelinka client. :nerd:

Last edited:
Threw that idea to a couple of Raptor fans and they said no, rather emphatically. :lol:

Biyombo, Neal and a 2016 second rounder for Hill. :pimp:

Hill would be a financial move Masai likes to make. Let Amir go and have Hill for a season and then could reset a bit. Amir long term locks them in to the roster they have. But I could also see Masai staying pat, and not risking chemistry.

Hill is worth more than a 2nd Rounder.. Especially one that isn't this season.

Hill is 12.2 & 7.9. Getting only a 2nd Rounder is a bigger failure than not trading him at all. For what the Hornets need, and where they are at, He's worth their 1st (Top 10 protected of course). Especially with Jefferson having the ability to leave, and could if the Hornets don't improve to where he wants.

Last edited:
Edit:

There's a Lin trade that brings the Lakers one of ya boys back and another Pelinka client. :nerd:

Looks at Pelinka's client list on RealGM..

Now has confuse.

Edit: Is it Derek Fisher? He may need a job soon..

Last edited:
Happy New Years fam!

Yesterday was packed. Took the fam to the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl. :smoking

Hope everybody had a great time and celebrated the new year in safe manner.

Waiting to see what we do at the trade deadline.

I can't ask for anything but to stay close and lose and the end. Let's get this pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom