2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Was thinking about it, and I should have mentioned before that you can edit from phones. Scroll to the bottom of any NT page, including this page, and you'll see 2 buttons on the very bottom of the page: 'MOBILE' and 'DESKTOP'.

Select DESKTOP.

If you can't, I'll edit later. :evil:

What are we, 1-5?

Dudes really making accounts to troll us ?

Is it that serious :lol:

Bro joined yesterday and come in here asking if Kobe gon be MVP , meanwhile we just won our first game :smh:

The road to recovery...
Today LAL was granted a DPE of $1,498,680 after it was determined that Randle is more than likely not come back this season. LAL can use the DPE to sign a free-agent to replace the injured rookie sensation Randle.
LAL could also technically choose to use the DPE to trade for a player making up to $1,598,680 (a $100,000 more) because trades via a DPE, per the CBA, allows for the extra $100,000. However, if trading, LAL can only take a player in the final year of his existing contract.
LAL will not rush out and make a signing this week, but they'd be wise to weigh their options. With Randle and Nash out of rotation, the need for fresh bodies is apparent. LAL has until March 10th, 2015 to either use the DPE or lose it.
As far as Nash is concerned, LAL is currently exploring the market to see if there would be someone willing to take on Nash's inflated salary of $9,701,000 in dump and trade. Conversely, if a trade isn't doable, LAL is considering applying for a DPE of $4,850,500.
So the one thing that is for sure is that we have $1,498,680 guaranteed with a possible $1,598,680 if we trade. The list for trades is very limited:
CHI - Aaron Brooks - PG
ATL - John Salmons - SG/PG/SF
BOS - Will Bynum - SG
BKN - Jerome Jordan - C
DEN - Quincy Miller -C
GSW - Draymond Green - SF
GSW - Leandro Barbosa - SG/PG
GSW - Nemania Nedovic - SG
HOU - Francisco Garcia - SF/SG
HOU - Patrick Beverly - SG/PG
IND - Rodney Stuckey - SG/PG
LAC - Glen Davis - PF/C
MEM - Seth Curry - PG
MIA - Shannon Brown - SG
MIN - Ronny Turiaf - PF/C
NOP - Jimmer Fredette - SG/PG
ORL - Peyton Siva - SG
ORL - Willie Green - SG
PHI - Marquis Teague - SG/PG
SAC - Ryan Hollins - PF/C
SAS - Austin Daye - SF
SAS - Matt Bonner - PF/C
TOR - Greg Stiemsma - C
WAS - Glen Rice - SG
WAS - Rasual Butler - SF/SG
My Most Desired Top 10:
1) Philadelphia 87ers - Pierre Jackson - SG/SF
2) Texas Legends - Devin Ebanks - SG/SF
3) Grand Rapids Drive - Hasheem Thabeet - C
4) DEN - Quincy Miller - C
5) LA D-fenders - James Southerland - SF
6) MEM - Seth Curry - PG
7) LA D-fenders - Jamario Moon - SF
8) LA D-fenders - Jordan Burris - SF
9) NOP - Jimer Fredette
10) HOU Patrick Beverly

8 charts that explain the Lakers

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/11/11/7185595/la-lakers-kobe-bryant-byron-scott-charts

I would be all for signing Quincy Miller with the DPE, but they would have to release someone. They shouldn't release Nash quite yet. Never know if his salary will be needed for a trade later on (this is why I suspect he hasn't announced his retirement).

Stopped reading just to comment that the article stated Hill is underrated as a defender.

Why do people mistake hustle with being a good defender? So funny to hear people hate on Boozer's defense but not say anything about Hill's

Also regarding Kobe's shot attempts/shooting. Maybe it's just me, but a lot of his missed shots have been good shots and he's just missing easy layups/bunnies around the rim. Same with his jump shots. When he misses he misses short.

Optimistically I'm chalking it up to him being out of the game for a year.

I would like for him to dial down his shot attempts, but I do think this whole his shooting too much is blown out of proportion. He's getting good shots he usually hits. Just not hitting them.

Also this offense seems like it purposely wants mid range shots especially from him. I wish he was able to be put in easier spots to score. All these pin downs are designed for long 2s.

Spacing is very poor too.

Last edited:
:lol: @ CP saying hes going to be gone for a few days but not being able to resist posting after only being away a few hours.

Just too hooked huh CP? :tongue:

We had him at hello

Gone, as in away from CPU, can't edit thread title over phone. I'd asked Ska to edit title if he ever sees me fall behind on it when I'm not at work. If he doesn't see tomorrow, I will update it on Wednesday.

:lol: @ "Gone" meaning only having access to NT Through mobile for a day.

I guess most of the NT population is gone on a daily basis then :nerd: :lol:

Last edited:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-lakers-kobe-popovich-20141110-story.html

When the Lakers play the Spurs on Friday night at Staples Center, it will be the first time San Antonio Coach Gregg Popovich and his team will have faced Kobe Bryant in more than a season.

Popovich is more than happy to finally see Bryant back on the court again after missing almost all of last season recovering from injuries.

“Are you kidding? It’s better than nice,” Popovich said Monday at the Spurs' shoot-around before playing the Clippers. “It’s fantastic. It’s great for the league when those kind of players are playing and performing, because those are the guys that most people watch night in and night out. They are great players.”

The last time Bryant played against Popovich and the Spurs was on Jan. 9, 2013.

Bryant suffered an injury to his left Achilles’ tendon against the Golden State Warriors on March 13, 2013.

The Lakers played the Spurs two nights later, but Bryant didn’t play because of the injury, and he missed the 2013 playoff series when Los Angeles was swept 4-0 by San Antonio.

When Bryant came back last season, he played in just six games because of a fractured left knee.

This season Bryant has played in all six of the Lakers’ regular-season games.

He’s averaging 26.5 points a game, second best in the NBA.

Popovich said he hasn’t watched Bryant or the Lakers play yet, but he’s looking forward to seeing the all-star guard on the court on Friday.

“Having Kobe back is huge,” Popovich said. “It’s huge for the whole league, and not just his team. He’s an icon as a basketball player. To not have him out there is a big loss for everybody.”

^ Was thinking about it, and I should have mentioned before that you can edit from phones. Scroll to the bottom of any NT page, including this page, and you'll see 2 buttons on the very bottom of the page: 'MOBILE' and 'DESKTOP'.

Select DESKTOP.

If you can't, I'll edit later. :evil:

What are we, 1-5?

2-5 after tonight.

lakers steal a win tonight 97-94.

ed davis bullies the post.

krby gets 27/.45/6/6

bozr and sacre get hyped.

:nthat:

sup laker brehs. quick question, making a trip out to LA in mid-december to watch a game vs the thunder. how close (or far) is section 206? 206 in Oracle is nosebleeds my g so I wouldn't know how to compare. and also, Im aware that they're will be xmas decorations and an ice skating rink and all that. is that worth checking out? :nerd:

any help would be appreciated.

sup laker brehs. quick question, making a trip out to LA in mid-december to watch a game vs the thunder. how close (or far) is section 206? 206 in Oracle is nosebleeds my g so I wouldn't know how to compare. and also, Im aware that they're will be xmas decorations and an ice skating rink and all that. is that worth checking out? :nerd:

corner second level seats from behind the basket, more complete view.

THINK 2K view less zoom, but you're on the lakers side.

the premier level seats are more centered

Did you buy the tickets yet?

206 is nice but just about every seat in staples is good unless you are in the last row of the 300 sections.

Tickets this year are going for below face value. No need to pay the over inflated stub hub prices or buy it now ebay prices. Message the sellers and try to make deals. The tickets I got for tepee game on Sunday I got for below face value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom