2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the amount of shot attempts hes taking per game he has to go for 50 at least once this season

now that the missed fg record is out of the way there's no reason for him to not shoot every time he touches the ball 
pimp.gif

Why is Ed Davis being wasted?  J. HIll is a fake center, but management doesn't care.  LA seems to play catch up every single game this season, and it seems like they just over-exert themselves for no reason.  It's not like it was a back to back.  Granted, w/ Z BO, M. Gasol, I figured our bigs were going to be wasted anyways.

38 minutes, horrible shooting, but 28/7/6/4 statline, in year 19? Shieeeeeeee
3 point shooting means they can't orchestrate anything IMHO.  I don't blame them.  Using undersized F as PF and C, who can blame?!

Go back to sleep old man

I'm still on the 3rd quarter. Read the spoilers and ready for Jordan Hill to show me something :nerd:

Last edited:
Not sure why people/media make a fuss about scoring records or scoring titles.  Totally meaningless actually.  These statistics that some of the media pump out is rather irrelevant to me.  I would say again that Kobe has game, no doubt about it, but his decision making is still a reflection that he has yet to come to grasp that he's no longer the same player (despite him declaring it in interviews).  He's literally sprinting too much, too fast, trying to be 'THE GUY', the same thing he was doing w/ Chucky Atkins at the PG position in that 'break down' year.  I WISH he would just  display his experience a bit.  I'd like to see him consistently DEFER to what works, instead of trying to SHOOT HIS WAY OUT.  (again, another reference and observation by PJ).  In Kobe's defense, he has no one to 'trust'?  But Kobe's been in the LEAGUE a LONG TIME, he knows what trust is about.  Trust isn't him playing bad in a game 7 against Boston and guys stepping up for him.  Trust is built by trusting guys to win games, trusting guys to come up on critical possessions.  Being stubborn and spending a thousand hours in the gym shooting jumpers don't mean a thing.  Being the first guy and the last guy there means nothing if you aren't on the same page.  It only appeases his conscience.  It only sells work ethics.  Being able to elevate others, and being able to lead the team to victory is what matters.  Yes,  that is, will always be an area of scrutiny for Kobe.   He has to EVOLVE his game, and that might be the key to his success, or shall I say, the Lakers success in the next 2 years.

Where's brian grant, samaki, greg foster, mihm?  call these guys up.

I'm calling it. pmatic pmatic was right about Kobe's FG%, but I think there's two big reasons why it will probably get to just above 40% and stay there.

Two reasons
1. Just horrid offense. Nothing to really set Kobe up for easy backdoor screens, and the picks are more often terrible than good to get him a midrange shot
2. Everybody can key up on Kobe. There's not a single guy who could be a 2nd, 3rd or 4th option on a playoff team. So nobody can help shoulder the load for Kobe, if he doesn't shot, and plays "Kobe Johnson" we lose by 20. He looks for himself, we lose by a dozen most nights.

It's really a **** team.

2007 Kobe, probably scores 40 ppg on 44% shooting, in all honesty.

Last edited:
I'm calling it. pmatic pmatic was right about Kobe's FG%, but I think there's two big reasons why it will probably get to just above 40% and stay there.

Two reasons
1. Just horrid offense. Nothing to really set Kobe up for easy backdoor screens, and the picks are more often terrible than good to get him a midrange shot
2. Everybody can key up on Kobe. There's not a single guy who could be a 2nd, 3rd or 4th option on a playoff team. So nobody can help shoulder the load for Kobe, if he doesn't shot, and plays "Kobe Johnson" we lose by 20. He looks for himself, we lose by a dozen most nights.

It's really a **** team.

He's also missing a lot of easy shots that you don't expect him to miss :smh:

Last edited:
I am just upset a bit, because as much as I want to enjoy his last few years, I would have expected a bit more sort of speak.  As they say, it's like seeing MJ slow, seeing MJ in a Wizard's jersey, not being the same.  But that's totally different. LOL  Kobe's not there yet, but he hasn't displayed the 'age', the 'wisdom', the 'vino' in him.  I still see him going head to head against rookies like MKG, and then missing a shot that he 'would've' made years ago.  Funny thing, Kobe talks about these YOUNG BUCKS and slaps CURRY on the butt, but he has yet to show that he's still ONE STEP ABOVE THEM, which he is.  But he is mentally not there yet.  We'll see though.  Just my 2 cents.  What I mean is, Kobe should be able to find a way to SCHOOL these young guys, and it comes from craft and IQ, not head to head wing isolation plays.  (Think MJ schooling Kobe).

I am not saying Kobe can't take those shots, but you have to let the game come to you.  You have to watch the game.  Stats only tell you 1 side of the story.  But this is just my observation from watching them.  I want Byron to over-ride Kobe.  

He's also missing a lot of easy shots that you don't expect him to miss
mean.gif
Because he's not the same.  Kobe still think he's like a young buck.  Dude has to realize he's not Simba!!  Dude has too make LIN an ALL STAR, DAVIS a 6th man, and Boozer the leader in scoring (in the post).

Two reasons

It's really a **** team.

He's also missing a lot of easy shots that you don't expect him to miss :smh:

Partially. But his % was probably going to dip a bit anyway, regardless. He's 18 years in. An expected stat diminish for any NBA player.

You can also add in, he doesn't get to the hoop as he did 2 years ago, which contributes.

But 2 things would at least take it half way between where he is today, and where he normally is 1. Somebody reliable to pass it to. To be a 2nd option 2. An offense that works

Partially. But his % was probably going to dip a bit anyway, regardless. He's 18 years in. An expected stat diminish for any NBA player.

You can also add in, he doesn't get to the hoop as he did 2 years ago, which contributes.

But 2 things would at least take it half way between where he is today, and where he normally is 1. Somebody reliable to pass it to. To be a 2nd option 2. An offense that works
At this point, I'm not sure how receptive he'll be to become a second option. I'd like to see him in the post more but this offense just does not allow for that

He missed easy shots today again. So annoying. There was a sequence where he was right in the paint. Boozer hit him with a good pass. Instead of going up for the easy 8 foot jumper he pump fakes because he thinks someone is near him and ends up missing the shot.

I honestly do think those kinds of shots will start to fall. Those shots aren't about age or athleticism, but rather just getting back his rhythm.

He does shoot a lot of bail out shots at the end of the shot clock too.

All in all he still needs to up that percentage. Killing my fantasy team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom