• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
whos the clippers employee that though it would be cool to tie balloons on to the legs and arms of statues?

if they are ever able to get a blake statue put up people better be dumping purple and gold paint on it every other week

word to

bruin-bear-painted-cardinal-gold.jpg

sorry UCLA bros

magic would be boris diaw if he played in todays game
Unrelated, @DarthSka how do you deduct reps?
By punching people in the face.

C'mon, man, what are we saying in here, guys? 
ohwell.gif

Dude who said "We've never had an elite PG", I know you meant recent years, but manup... Magic = Diaw? I mean, I can't tell if you're kidding or not, but for the love of Chick...

... wait, you know Chick, right?

Boris Diaw.

*comes back*

Look, if you were serious, I know people run w/ this "Well I didn't really see him play" narrative, and that's cool... but if you didn't see him play, you can't say he'd be Boris mother-freaking Diaw in today's game.

Magic would be... Boris... Diaw.

so you're saying that while you dont need a pg to lead you to a chip

you do need one to set people up and run the offence? 

just trying to understand your argument 

Yes that's all I've been trying to say. I actually don't care about the "PG" label in itself. All I'm trying to say is you need somebody that's not your main scorer/star to look out for the others on team.
And TYPICALLY that has been delegatd to the "point guard" ya know.

Like you guys have all been saying if you're the best on your team and the #1 option you should look to do what you do best first.

That's all good but when the main scorer has 40 and the pg has 30 but the other team has 110 points you will lose if you don't get those points from somewhere else.
That's the only thing I'm trying to get across

LeBron James, not aggressive enough in the 2011 Finals, doesn't shoot enough.

Blame?

Eric Spolestra.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go ahead. Both of you. Draw me a picture how Steve Nash shot selection, is on the head coach.

And remember, we don't blame Phil for Kobe shooting a ton, but you want to blame Mike for Nash not shooting enough?

Start there. And bring to me your argument. I beg you, make that argument, blame Mike, please.

Ahhhh shhhhiiiiii..... :lol:

Nothing's ever on Mike. Ever.

You know that Ska
wink.gif
Go ahead. Both of you. Draw me a picture how Steve Nash shot selection, is on the head coach.

And remember, we don't blame Phil for Kobe shooting a ton, but you want to blame Mike for Nash not shooting enough?

Start there. And bring to me your argument. I beg you, make that argument, blame Mike, please.
Nah, man... I actually see your point.

I'm just saying, like clockwork.

You're an MDA apologist, so I knew that was coming. Like I said, I see your defense, but as soon as I read "That could be on MDA's offense", I was like "10... 9... 8... 7... where is it?... 6... OH! There it is."

Just funny is all. Just entertainment.

You agree, but still call me out for it? Man..... :lol:

Least you backed me on the Diaw-elite PG thing. I'm gonna go bang my head against a wall now.

I thought the *insert nba legend* would be *insert bum* in todays era joke was pretty mainstream around these parts

I always defend players from older eras when being slandered. There was a guy in the nba is a bad product thread that was serious about mj and nique being average dunkers in todays game

*giNOURMOUS sigh of relief*

I mean... like... doubts were being had, man.

Many doubts.

But seriously, magic with the help of advances in condom technology would dominate the modern nba

I wouldn't say 'dominate', because I am definitely one of those people who feels that the athleticism is increasing more and more in every sport, so a guy like Lynn Swann being an athletic BEAST back then doesn't mean he would just embarass say Darell Revis today. Doesn't mean he would suck, but he was dominant in a league less athletic than today's NFL.

Same with... everyone, including Magic.

He was competitive, and talented, and the thing about Magic that might translate his game to today was that he didn't rely on athleticism that much anyways. He was fast, so today's game would render him... not as fast... but everything else? I mean, he wasn't dunking on fools left and right back then, so he wouldn't be doing that today, either. He wasn't hitting 3s like Ray, thieving like Lakers Ariza, none of that. Court vision, which would translate to today, an understanding of the game (like the convo you and CP have been having, on taking over in the 4th, milking teammates sometimes, getting yours at other times), and that competitive spirit would all translate just the same as today. He just wouldn't look as fast as he did sometimes back then.

Magic would need to be a better shooter in todays game

Being able to post up a pg is a underrated and underused offensive option

Imo bird would be better in todays game than magic

Magic would need to be a better shooter in todays game

Being able to post up a pg is a underrated and underused offensive option

In today's era, he would do just that tho.

My father is a ridiculous Magic fan, and he goes on and on about dude. One thing I know from what I have read, and heard, is Magic improved every year, something.

That's why late in his career, he started to improve as a 3 point shooter, but still in a Jason Kidd type of way. Set shots, wide open, etc.

If he played today, and knew that change of the game was growing, he would work on it all summer, much like Kobe has done thru our lives. Magic would do the same thing.

And when Magic steps on the court, you already have a mismatch. Chris Paul isn't tryna guard his guy. He'd have to hide elsewhere, and Blake Griffin or Matt Barnes would have to defend Magic.

But Magic could still guard CP3, or at least switch off on pick and rolls, etc. He would need to improve his foot speed, as much as his shooting in today's era, but I am more than sure he'd be able to make up for a half second difference with his length against a smaller man.

6-9 is 6-9. No other team could match up PG v PG with us when Magic was on the floor, no matter the era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom