• 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bird would be a god tier small ball stretch 4

He was that, then.

James Worthy would play PF in stretches, same as Bird would.

That's why I laugh at everyone and their "The 80's was where it's at!" vs today's game, it's the same ****.

Small ball was played then too, just to a lesser-different extend. For instance the lack of 3 point shooting. Back then, each team had 1 guy (Byron Scott) and maybe another guy could make a random 3 here and there. (Cooper, Magic, Worthy) (Ainge for the Celtics)

Now?

10 guys shoot 3's, because that's the game.

But they still did the same thing in terms of players on the court. Joe Dumars playing the SF when Vinnie and Isiah were in.
Worthy or Bird at the PF

Or Bird could play big and play the SG spot and use McHale, Walton, Parrish, etc.

And defensively, Bird would need a lot more foot speed to cover his guys in today's game than Magic would needing to guard smaller guys simply cuz Magic was taller than all other PG's, Bird wouldn't have that over SF's and PF's in today's game. So he'd need more speed to stay with them than back then.

Which is why I said magic and bird would both dominate. No pgs are guarding a guy lebron sized

Magic would be working on a jumpshot hard every summer. Jordan and pip would find a way to be amazing defenders without hand checking. Bird would hire workers to pave his driveway for him

All time greats can and will adapt to any era

If I listed Doug and someone voted him, E would machine gun us down.

*read that as; saving for a rainy day*

Unless we're talking about the 60s celtics

Put me in a hottub time machine and bob coozy wouldnt be able to stop me

Magic would need to be a better shooter in todays game

Being able to post up a pg is a underrated and underused offensive option
In today's era, he would do just that tho.

My father is a ridiculous Magic fan, and he goes on and on about dude. One thing I know from what I have read, and heard, is Magic improved every year, something.

That's why late in his career, he started to improve as a 3 point shooter, but still in a Jason Kidd type of way. Set shots, wide open, etc.

If he played today, and knew that change of the game was growing, he would work on it all summer, much like Kobe has done thru our lives. Magic would do the same thing.

And when Magic steps on the court, you already have a mismatch. Chris Paul isn't tryna guard his guy. He'd have to hide elsewhere, and Blake Griffin or Matt Barnes would have to defend Magic.

But Magic could still guard CP3, or at least switch off on pick and rolls, etc. He would need to improve his foot speed, as much as his shooting in today's era, but I am more than sure he'd be able to make up for a half second difference with his length against a smaller man.

6-9 is 6-9. No other team could match up PG v PG with us when Magic was on the floor, no matter the era.
So many things from your response.

First off, me and your dad are cool. Just like that.

Second, you're absolutely right on him working on things all summer. THIS is the thing that makes great players great; their dedication to their craft. And there's no statistic for it. That's why I think Kobe would have still been Kobe against the Bad Boy Pistons, but I don't think the same of Lebron. Mike was Mike against those Pistons, against the later Knicks, and would have still found a way against today's Spurs or Heat. The dedication to the craft, "OK, this is what I need to do to be great, so I'm'a do it"; that attitude is transcendent.

Third, I freaking WISH I could see Blake step up to Magic. He would make poor Blakey's head spin w/ all his stutter steps and pump fakes and no looks. 

Last, "6-9 is 6-9... no matter the era." 
smokin.gif
 Magic...

CP that is some awful grammar in your poll question :x

Dem rookie op nerves

And why are Exum and Randle not options? Many mocks have them falling to us.

Last edited:
CP that is some awful grammar in your poll question :x

Dem rookie op nerves

And why are Exum and Randle not options? Many mocks have them falling to us.

Mocks mean **** to me. The top 5 is the top 5, and if we at 6, we aren't in the top 5. I'm not polling on folks that could drop, I'm going on most likely scenarios. Exum and/or Randle falling to 6 just implies more dumb GM's, which is just blind luck.

I'm looking at who people care about after the top 5. If one of them drops, of course the Lakers (and the fanbase would want to pull them)

And damn, I did screw up the wording, and it won't let me edit. :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom