• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
his best defenses were ranked way higher than any of thibs best offenses 

Oh rly?

Chicago's offensive efficiency rankings (Hollinger):

2010/2011- T-12th
2011/2012- 5th

So when he's had a fully healthy squad he's maximized the offensive talent he's had.

Dantoni in PHX highest defensive efficiency rankings were 16th and 17th in 06/07 and 07/08 respectively.

If they were a rare group of offensive talent we wouldn't be 27-55.

I didn't say they're elite scorers.
But they can score.

Swaggy has always been able to score. He just hasn't been able to do anything else.

I'm talking scoring. We have a guy on our bench that put up 40+ a few weeks ago.

show me one guy on that Chicago roster that has scored 40+ in any game the entire season? I'll wait.

My point was we have players who can score. They don't.

Never mentioned we have a good balanced basketball team. It was just that we wouldnt struggle to score 70 points like the Bulls are. So why insinuate that? Unless you were grossly exaggerating

Last edited:

his best defenses were ranked way higher than any of thibs best offenses 
Oh rly?

Chicago's offensive efficiency rankings (Hollinger):

2010/2011- T-12th
2011/2012- 5th

So when he's had a fully healthy squad he's maximized the offensive talent he's had.

Dantoni in PHX highest defensive efficiency rankings were 16th and 17th in 06/07 and 07/08 respectively.
5th in the league? thats actually pretty good!

so 5th in the league offensively, 2nd defensively. sounds like a team ready to make a deep playoff run

103-92-74-82-77-78

those are the bulls scores in their 6 games vs the 6ers in the first round #thibsoffense 

keep in mind that this is the 8th seed 6ers, 8th seed in the east

year before that, best defense in the league and the mvp

gets dominated by miami, lebron on rose causes rose to shoot 35% in the series

nothing was done to help rose out on offense

i feel like people are starting to underrate offense in this advanced stats era

If they were a rare group of offensive talent we wouldn't be 27-55.

I didn't say they're elite scorers.
But they can score.

Swaggy has always been able to score. He just hasn't been able to do anything else.

I'm talking scoring. We have a guy on our bench that put up 40+ a few weeks ago.

show me one guy on that Chicago roster that has scored 40+ in any game the entire season? I'll wait.

My point was we have players who can score. They don't.

Never mentioned we have a good balanced basketball team. It was just that we wouldnt struggle to score 70 points like the Bulls are. So why insinuate that? Unless you were grossly exaggerating
has that person ever put up 40+ points before playing for dantoni?

you will keep waiting till you're cp's age if you want a random thibs coached player to drop 40

these are literally the scraps and pieces left over from last offseason, none of our players are hard to get

are you saying that the bulls FO just refuses to sign players that can score?

"why would i pay this guy? he might average 20 ppg next season" "but we need someone to carry the offense" "nah its fine lets see if memphis is willing to trade tony allen"

i mean that could be the case... maybe the reason thibs' teams score 70 points per game is because the bulls front office screws him over as much as the suns did dantoni 
wink.gif

i mean.. if the bulls have a bunch of nba players that only know how to play defense than they must have one of the best defensive teams ever right?

maybe thibs doesnt even coach defense well and he just has a bunch of talented defenders 

5th in the league? thats actually pretty good!

so 5th in the league offensively, 2nd defensively. sounds like a team ready to make a deep playoff run

103-92-74-82-77-78

those are the bulls scores in their 6 games vs the 6ers in the first round #thibsoffense 

keep in mind that this is the 8th seed 6ers, 8th seed in the east

year before that, best defense in the league and the mvp

gets dominated by miami, lebron on rose causes rose to shoot 35% in the series

nothing was done to help rose out on offense

i feel like people are starting to underrate offense in this advanced stats era

They scored 103 in Game 1, Rose tears his ACL they go down the rest of the series.

Sixers points in the rest of that series

109-79-89-69-78

Still great defensively and in every game sans Game 2.

And Miami was just as good defensively, and had much better offensive players that series, which is why they prevailed, don't really know what you're getting at.

What I'm saying is despite the personnel that Thibs has been handed, he's gotten the most out of them and his teams have been good, can't say the same for MDA.

Mamba you make too much sense for him.
He won't agree with any of those points, he'll just refute them.

Just save your breath bro

So, Thibbs excuses for losing to Doug Collins and Philly in the East, with homecourt, ok.

Mike excuses for losing to Greg Popovich and the Spurs, in the West, without homecourt, not ok.

Got it.

Glad you all here to be objective on these matters. Great work.

forget the dantoni is a good bad coach argument, im saying whatever dantoni is thibs is worst

like if you think dantoni is a worse coach, thibs is worst

if you think dantoni is worst, thibs is worster

thats all im saying

forget the dantoni is a good bad coach argument, im saying whatever dantoni is thibs is worst

thats all im saying
What if I think MDA is the worsterester?

thats all im saying
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good times :lol:

Maybe MDA isn't a great offensive coach, he's just had great offensive players? Am I doing that right? Except when he doesn't he sucks.

I mean Alvin Gentry did sweep Pop in route to the conference finals in 2010, with a worse team than MDA had in PHX. Maybe we should hire him instead. He's accomplished as much as MDA has and put some emphasis on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom