• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will record for u

brody-seinfeld.jpg

soooo thibs clearly better than dantoni :nerd:

makes tons of adjustments :nerd:

Dont start man...

How much better can a coach do with Kirk Hinrich as their go to scorer?
Gimme a break. :rofl:

This dude was a top 3 COTY candidate AGAIN this year.
Craps all over Mikes face when it comes to coaching.
You wanna talk about not having enough "pieces"... look at that Chicago team :rofl:

Pick someone elses name to compare him to man. Anyone else. :lol:

Last edited:
What makes it any different than Wes being designated as the defensive stopper and relying on Pau/Kaman/Sacre as your rim protectors?

soooo thibs clearly better than dantoni :nerd:

makes tons of adjustments :nerd:

I was coming in here this morning to bring up the same thing.

The wonderful Thibbs, never won anything, plays poor rotations, hmmmm

But Rose is out.

But Stat bein out don't matter. :nerd:

And Thibbs gets to keep all of his draft picks the last 5 years.

And they play in the EAST.

But they effort, and play hard, and do the defense. :lol:

Can't believe they're even being mentioned in the same sentence.

The MDA defense has hit a new low.
Things are getting pathetic.

There's defending someone objectively and then there's.....

Never mind. I made the mistake of taking the bait.

I'll leave it alone.
Continue. Who really cares were most likely going to be stuck with this bum for another year.

We have plenty of time to rehash the same ****.

Last edited:
Well we've seen when D'Antoni is given competent defensive players and stability he can have the team anywhere from decent (his Suns years) to very good (his last year with the Knicks) on defense.

He hasn't had neither his first three years with the Knicks or his first two years with the Lakers.

Last edited:
Okay.
It makes no difference what I think anymore, so no point in fighting it.

Not going to be sarcastic or be a jerk.
If you guys believe he's a great professional basketball head coach then so be it.

Last edited:
There's defending someone objectively and then there's.....

Oh, objective?

Objective is not summarily dismissing entire benches worth of draft picks being sold off but expecting a title anyways.

Objective would be viewing Mike coaching in the Western Conference against Phil and Pop and holding his own, while Thibbs is getting murked in the East by…….uh, who is Washington’s head coach? I honestly have no idea. :lol:

Objective is pointing out that the knock about Mike and his rotations…….is the same as Thibbs, and his rotations.

Objective is all this complaining and pissing and moaning about Mike’s lack of defense, then complaining about Thibbs lack of offense.

But, Rose.

But, Stat. :wink:

I can do objective all ****** day long. Problem is, I don’t say what you wanna hear, therefore, you call me the Mike defender, or backer, or homer, stan, whatever word you want to choose, when I point out every single fact there is. Objectively.

Every single thing you have used against Mike, applies to this wonderful, coach of a coach, Tom Thibbs. (dude really needs to change his last name so I don’t have attempt to spell it)

After he gets fired from this current job. He'll eventually get another one. After a few years he'll be fired from that one as well.
Then maybe, he'll get one more. Few years later he'll either get fired or retire.

At that point you guys along with a few journalists will proclaim that he was a great head coach, and would of been better recognized if he had Rondo and Gortat. Some will say he wasn't given enough "pieces" (as if
most coaches are. No coach other than Spo is given a team ready to win with a few tweaks).

The rest of us (majority, although I know that means nothing to you) will just nod and say sureeee. Sure.

"He was great, all he needed was all-defensive 1st team players and Rondo and Gortat and maybe he would of won."

We won't have to say anything other than...

Sure.

I'll just wait patiently.
Like you said you can go all day everyday. No point in wasting both of our time doing so. We'll see how it plays out.

Last edited:
Mike.

But who knows, same thing could happen to Thibbs.

I'm not a ride or die Thibbs defender. I just find it laughable to devalue the coaching job he's done with the roster he's had the past few seasons. But if he fails with more pieces I'll look at him differently as well.

After he gets fired from this current job. He'll eventually get another one. After a few years he'll be fired from that one as well.
Then maybe, he'll get one more. Few years later he'll either get fired or retire.

At that point you guys along with a few journalists will proclaim that he was a great head coach, and would of been better recognized if he had Rondo and Gortat. Some will say he wasn't given enough "pieces" (as if
most coaches are. No coach other than Spo is given a team ready to win with a few tweaks).

The rest of us (majority, although I know that means nothing to you) will just nod and say sureeee. Sure.

"He was great, all he needed was all-defensive 1st team players and Rondo and Gortat and maybe he would of won."

We won't have to say anything other than...

Sure.

I'll just wait patiently.
Like you said you can go all day everyday. No point in wasting both of our time doing so. We'll see how it plays out.

When Phil Jackson first came to coach the Lakers in 99-2000 that Laker team was deep, the core of the team had been together for a couple seasons and were ready to win.

They made a couple small tweaks by adding guys like B Shaw, Ron Harper, and John Salley to that team.

That team was so damn deep that the starting five was:

C: Shaq
PF: AC Green
SF: Glenn Rice
SG: Kobe
PG: Ron Harper

Bench:

Derek Fisher
Rick Fox
Robert Horry
Brian Shaw

:pimp:

Last edited:
Vogel & Thibbs may both get fired. So there are some options. Although I have very little interest in Vogel with how he's lost that team.

Well. I meant in the recent years or decade :lol:

But yeah, you're right. Although Kobe and Shaq were failing prior to Phil, it's clear they had the talent to win but just needed a better coach to guide them.

MJ wasn't winning prior to Phil either.

I guess this is relevant:

Team sources on Wednesday confirmed a Yahoo! Sports report that Lance Stephenson and Turner got into a practice-floor fight on the eve of Game 1 against Atlanta. But sources told ESPN.com that it's not the first time in recent weeks that Stephenson has clashed with a teammate.

Sources said that Stephenson and Pacers guard George Hill had to be separated on the bench during a 26-point home loss to San Antonio on March 31. And when Roy Hibbert made his well-chronicled complaints to NBA.com in late March about "some selfish dudes in here," sources say he was essentially referring to Stephenson, who ranks as one of the league's most improved players this season as he approaches free agency in July and is well-known to be a Bird favorite.
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/201...yoffs-frank-vogel-indiana-pacers-coaching-job

Well. I meant in the recent years or decade :lol:

But yeah, you're right. Although Kobe and Shaq were failing prior to Phil, it's clear they had the talent to win but just needed a better coach to guide them.

MJ wasn't winning prior to Phil either.

Also lets not forget Spolestra and three divas failed in their first year together and lost to Dallas that season.

Last edited:
I guess this is relevant:

Team sources on Wednesday confirmed a Yahoo! Sports report that Lance Stephenson and Turner got into a practice-floor fight on the eve of Game 1 against Atlanta. But sources told ESPN.com that it's not the first time in recent weeks that Stephenson has clashed with a teammate.

Sources said that Stephenson and Pacers guard George Hill had to be separated on the bench during a 26-point home loss to San Antonio on March 31. And when Roy Hibbert made his well-chronicled complaints to NBA.com in late March about "some selfish dudes in here," sources say he was essentially referring to Stephenson, who ranks as one of the league's most improved players this season as he approaches free agency in July and is well-known to be a Bird favorite.
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/201...yoffs-frank-vogel-indiana-pacers-coaching-job

Yeesh.

I want the kid, but I don't want him punching out other dudes. :lol:

But Bird loves him, and that says a lot to me. He just needs to mature over time, and if he harnesses that, he'll be a solid contributor.

But he could be a landmine, and those are dicey. :\

Vogel & Thibbs may both get fired. So there are some options. Although I have very little interest in Vogel with how he's lost that team.

Wonder if Mike the head coach (offense)

Would hire Thibbs as an assistant (defense)

Improve the roster, and then see how we look with that combo.

Wonder if Mike the head coach (offense)

Would hire Thibbs as an assistant (defense)

Improve the roster, and then see how we look with that combo.

:lol:

Your trippin and really reachin if you think Tibbs would take another job besides a head coaching job if he gets fired from Chicago.

Taking that job could be viewed as him waiting for Mike to be the scapegoat, and him having the inside track to the Lakers head coaching job.

Doin homework, I forgot that Thibbs lost in the first round to Doug Collins and the 76ers 2 years ago. :lol:

Thibbs also lost twice to the Heat.

Mike, meanwhile, lost to the eventual champs in 05.
He lost to the Finals bound Mavs in 06
He lost to the eventual champs in 07* (and David Stern)
And even last year lost to the Finals bound Spurs in 13. (with half his roster)

He beat Phil twice, and Avery Johnson once.

He lost to Avery once, and Pop 4 times. Not exactly the same as losing to Doug Collins, and whoever the Wizards coach is right now.

Thibbs needs to win this series to save a nasty mark on his resume. (and the Bulls certainly could figure it out, but not lookin good at all right now)

MDA overcame a 3-1 deficit, against Phil and prime Kobe.

Uhm CP I think you're not realizing that Mike had the opportunity to hire Thibbs as his defensive assistant in PHX and said no.

Literally. He said, NO.

Kerr had it all set up when he was running the show. Mike refused to hire Thibbs, stubbornly proclaiming that he didn't need a defensive assistant.

That's when things started to get tense between Kerr and Mike, and everything went downhill for both of them shortly after.

I'm surprised neither I or anyone else has brought this up earlier in all of our Mike debates.

This is one reason why I hate the guy so much. He was literally being handed Thibbs as an assistant ON A SILVER PLATTER by Kerr and he REFUSED.

Yet you guys defend him and say "if he only had more help." Uhm. He could have. But he said no...

Maybe that gives you a better idea of why I resent him so much. That's beyond being stubborn. :smh: that's why I cringe when you say "if he had more pieces"... He could of had the best defensive coach in the league on the team but he said no. Who knows what else this guy stubbornly rejected behind closed doors. He's not open to new ideas. He's all about his way.

Pretty ironic you mentioned it. Even more ironic that my stupid *** has never mentioned it. :smh:

Last edited:
Just say no to crazy Lance. Just got after Bledsoe then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom